Money to take this with food prices rising

Respectfatfrog

Hi all just working on  how much to take or put aside this year. 

Normally take 400 and am fairly comfortable with that with buying hoodie and random crap but wondering with prices outside that will affect inside the gates if I should be looking to increase it? 

Just wondering if anyone has considered this. 

13 minutes ago, Respectfatfrog said:

Hi all just working on  how much to take or put aside this year. 

Normally take 400 and am fairly comfortable with that with buying hoodie and random crap but wondering with prices outside that will affect inside the gates if I should be looking to increase it? 

Just wondering if anyone has considered this. 

I know it's not a totally clear answer, but it depends.

I try and do it "on the cheap", if there is such a thing at Glasto.

I'll take some breakfast bars and buy fruit on site for breakfast, or buy something bready for brunch - the Co-op should help keep these costs down. So, maybe 10 quid for breakfast each day.

Then I'll treat myself around midday to a proper meal. Expecting that to be about 15 quid a day maybe?

Then there late night nibbles, altho, if I'm drinking and smoking, it's likely I won't want a lot. A burger or wrap of something smaller. Another 10er maybe?

So, 35 quid a day just on food. I might hit the Hare Krishna tent for a cheap alternative one or two days, or if I'm passing by. But then there's all the booze.

8-10 quid per drink, perhaps 6-10 drinks over the course of the day, perhaps less if it's oppressively hot. So could be another 70-100 quid a day, unless you take in a crate of cider or spirits/mixers with you.

Obv, Wed is shorter than the other days...

100-140 each day over four days... 400-500 quid?!

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I should add I'm not blessed with being able to turn up in a car or even on the coach in a big group, so my above post is my version of doing it as cheap as I can.

Luckily in some ways as soon as my daughter turns up I'm pretty much teetotal so that saves a bit 

5 minutes ago, Respectfatfrog said:

8 quid would be a safe bet I would say 

Mad innit, fortunately the one thing that has not gone up too much is supermarket booze! 

Maybe I'll give breakfast a miss and then I can afford an extra lager.

Luckily I don't need to buy anything for camping etc as got enough stuff over the years and live fairly close but still looking £700 all in!

1 minute ago, rubenz said:

Mad innit, fortunately the one thing that has not gone up too much is supermarket booze! 

Maybe I'll give breakfast a miss and then I can afford an extra lager.

Luckily I don't need to buy anything for camping etc as got enough stuff over the years and live fairly close but still looking £700 all in!

Damm 

12 minutes ago, rubenz said:

Tricky one really, Im keen to travel light but the price of food and and beers means it might be better to take more in.

I wonder what we will be looking at for a pint of the Brooklyn lager, 7 quid maybe?

Yeah, that's it. I'm flying in on Tuesday evening and thinking I'm gonna have to leg it to Sainsburys and buy at least one crate to offset some of the drinks onsite I'd normally buy. I didn't want to have to carry too much 'cos my back is f**ked, but I think I can manage one. Even 18 cans of Magners would save a fortune on site bar prices.

2 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

That would save me a tonne if I wasn't drinking so much. I'm gonna try and keep it reasonable, but there's always the tendency to go mad at Glasto... lol 

I loose it buy buying her food and glitter make up being done but it's worth it 

8 minutes ago, stopwn1981 said:

£8 a pint. Fuck that.

I feel like the rise of contactless has made people a bit more immune to the terrible beer prices nowadays.

You'd think twice about handing over 32 quid cash for a round but with contactless it doesn't hit until you check you account the following week!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I was thinking 400 is probably okay, I don't plan to go crazy on the pints, all though I like a cold one I usually just bring my own spirits and buy a cold mixer to save on the price. 

8 pound seems bad untill your 4 days in and only have warm tinnies left at camp.. 

Edited by Xeph1995

I spend about £30ish a day (possibly less). I bring about ten beers in with me which will last all festival and maybe buy a pint or two a day but I'm not a big drinker and so save a lot of money that way.

I bring tent and walking snacks but do always treat myself to some of the really good vegan food stalls and also use the Hare Krishna tent for their free dinners (always really tasty). 

So for me, minus the ticket and travel costs, I probably spend around £150 over the whole festival. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, sime said:

I spend about £30ish a day (possibly less). I bring about ten beers in with me which will last all festival and maybe buy a pint or two a day but I'm not a big drinker and so save a lot of money that way.

I bring tent and walking snacks but do always treat myself to some of the really good vegan food stalls and also use the Hare Krishna tent for their free dinners (always really tasty). 

So for me, minus the ticket and travel costs, I probably spend around £150 over the whole festival. 

I take about the same, just bring as much cider in with me as possible and go easy on the food stalls. Cereal bars are light to carry and sort breakfast each day.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

I take about the same, just bring as much cider in with me as possible and go easy on the food stalls. Cereal bars are light to carry and sort breakfast each day.

Cereal bars and pringles are essential for camp, I also lug a 8 pack of pepsi etc just to have soft drinks in the tent