Camping Showers

Pr0paneNightm4re

Mate had one on a camping trip once. Water never really got hot (tepid at best) as they work best on very hot sunny day, whereas we just had bright warm sunshine. The main problem I recall was finding somewhere to hang the bag for a shower. When full it's quite heavy and he couldn't hang it high enough to get anything more than a dribble out of it. Think it got ditched soon after because he never tried to use it again after the initial attempt.

12 hours ago, Pr0paneNightm4re said:

Anyone used one a camping showers like the one pictured below? Worth buying or nah?

Don’t really fancy having to wait for a shower at the festival and since they’re less than a tenner reckon I’ve not got much to lose

(disclaimer I would be using ecologically safe soap etc)

IMG_2520.png

There OK.. Take it use it.. Just don't dump it.. 

I use one if camping so top 

I've used them for the past two festivals and really appreciated it. The trick is actually getting it high enough. Usually my group uses a tarp pole and we hold it up for each other. It's not elegant but it does the job.

Depending on the weather and such it may not get very warm but you can just top it up with a bit of boiled water. It's been so hot recently that it hasn't been a problem to be honest.

And as they said above, please take it home afterwards 🙂

They're good alone for carrying a large amount of cleaning water back to tent. How warm it will get does depend on sun but it can take the edge off. Hanging up to use as a full shower a bit trickier but worse case someone else can hold for you.

• 2 weeks later...

We had one last year and it was rubbish, the water just dribbled out. 
Our neighbours had a watering can that we borrowed and it was amazing having a proper wash each morning. It’s the first thing on my list this year 😊

We have also used a weed sprayer in previous years but as we now come on the coach that’s a bit bulky

11 minutes ago, Babybell said:

We had one last year and it was rubbish, the water just dribbled out. 
Our neighbours had a watering can that we borrowed and it was amazing having a proper wash each morning. It’s the first thing on my list this year 😊

We have also used a weed sprayer in previous years but as we now come on the coach that’s a bit bulky

I used to use a watering can rose on a 2 litre water bottle or 2 that I had left in the tent to warm up and shower in the afternoon. We have a caravan these days so have an onboard one!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...