Vilar de Mouros 2023

Daniel Ferreira

32 minutes ago, JCravo said:

Never been there, but after the dissapointing (for me) lineup from Coura I'm waiting to see what Vilar de Mouros will get.

I'm dreaming of boygenious or Future Islands, I doubt it, but let me dream until the lineup comes out

Don't expect bands like that in Vilar dr Mouros. Usually, it is not their target.

1 hour ago, stereodista said:

Generally speaking what sort of stuff do they usually programme? Also looking at this as a potential! Thanks. 

Usually, some nice legacy acts. 

2022: Iggy Pop, Bauhaus, Placebo, Suede

2019: Offspring, Manic Street Preachers, Sisters of Mercy

JAMC, Primal Scream, etc. 

These type of names mixed with some nice "smaller" names, like BRMC, Battles, Anna Calvi...

Future Islands might show up. Boygenius I don't see it happening.

It is a very relaxed festival. Just two stages, 3 or 4 names each stage. Great environment.

Edited by MeMeMeM
Word correction
  • Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, MeMeMeM said:

Usually, some nice legacy acts. 

2022: Iggy Pop, Bauhaus, Placebo, Suede

2019: Offspring, Manic Street Preachers, Sisters of Mercy

JAMC, Primal Scream, etc. 

These type of names mixed with some nice "smaller" names, like BRMC, Battles, Anna Calvi...

Future Islands might show up. Boygenius I don't see it happening.

It is a very relaxed festival. Just two stages, 3 or 4 names each stage. Great environment.

Sounds ideal. Thanks! Will keep an eye out for the announcements. 

However i have no idea what will happen this year. 

bands that usually fit this festival are gettign billed on other cards....   

Siouxsie on Kalorama

New Order ,Pet Shop Boys, Sparks at Primavera Sound

a new festival happening at Coimbra, one week before with a card that is similar with what Vilar uses to be (older bands)

Pode ser uma imagem de texto

And vilar is still quiet.  There are rumours that we are getting names until the end of March, but only one week remains....

This organization never disappoints, they know what they are doing, one of the directors is actually kalorama director.
Last year, there was 1 month left for Vilar de Mouros and Limp Bizkit cancelled, 1 week later Wolfmother also cancelled, many festivals in Europe substituted for national bands, they managed to contract Simple Minds and Black Rebel Motorcycle Club.
I consider it an organization that cares about the Fas.

5 hours ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

This organization never disappoints, they know what they are doing, one of the directors is actually kalorama director.
Last year, there was 1 month left for Vilar de Mouros and Limp Bizkit cancelled, 1 week later Wolfmother also cancelled, many festivals in Europe substituted for national bands, they managed to contract Simple Minds and Black Rebel Motorcycle Club.
I consider it an organization that cares about the Fas.

What director is Kalorama's director? Kalorama is ONLY a Last Tour festival.

3 hours ago, young_contra said:

I mean, I don't really care who's behind this, but it sure is taking a long time to announce anything. It's not like the festival is that much later in the year

You're right, it's not normal, a festival that is on the same weekend, but in Switzerland, which usually has names that go to Vilar de Mouros, it still hasn't been announced and I already said that they announce April 4th.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/3/2023 at 12:51 PM, antoniopinho said:

Why is it taking so long to release the lineup?

Is there any lineup prediction based on other festivals happening in the same time in Europe?

Based on what the band told fans, after their gig in Lisbon,  Last Internationale are expected to be in.

Limp Bizkit is other band expected to be in.

Other bands, no one knows.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...