Hotel/travel advice

Matt_Cambria

Hi all,

I bought Saturday tickets for my brother's birthday and we're both stoked for our first Download, lineup looks unreal. We're a bit stumped travel wise though. 

Ideally we'd stay in a hotel nearby but Derby is sold out, and I can't see a clear way to get to Leicester or Nottingham that night? 

Looks like Big Green Coach would require us to buy a return, and that trains stop before the last act ends? 

Do trains run later during Download? Are there other options to get back to Leicester after the main headliner? Would a taxi from Download to Leicester be £100+? 

Could really do with some advice from some Download veterans! 

On 2/25/2023 at 2:14 AM, Matt_Cambria said:

Hi all,

I bought Saturday tickets for my brother's birthday and we're both stoked for our first Download, lineup looks unreal. We're a bit stumped travel wise though. 

Ideally we'd stay in a hotel nearby but Derby is sold out, and I can't see a clear way to get to Leicester or Nottingham that night? 

Looks like Big Green Coach would require us to buy a return, and that trains stop before the last act ends? 

Do trains run later during Download? Are there other options to get back to Leicester after the main headliner? Would a taxi from Download to Leicester be £100+? 

Not been before but no replies so have had a quick look think i've found what you need

https://www.trentbarton.co.uk/services/skylinknottingham

airport bus that goes past castle donnington race course, every hour all night. might be completely rammed but i guess worst comes to worst you can wait for the next one

If you do end up taxi-ing, probably worth doing Nottingham rather than Leicester as its a decent bit closer.

I'd just do the coach myself, £20 each way isn't horrific although it does get you there super early

Edited by gfa

On 2/25/2023 at 2:14 AM, Matt_Cambria said:

Hi all,

I have a mate who lives in Notts City Centre and chooses not to camp, travelling in and out each day by bus. He gets the bus back into Notts each night from the Download transport hub with no problem.

Buses to Download Festival 2022 - trent barton

2 hours ago, Gingerfish79 said:

I have a mate who lives in Notts City Centre and chooses not to camp, travelling in and out each day by bus. He gets the bus back into Notts each night from the Download transport hub with no problem.

Buses to Download Festival 2022 - trent barton

i did this the Tool night, and it was super easy back to nottingham, really clearly signposted etc. got the train to east mids parkway and then the shuttle on the way (shuttle was £10 though which was quite pricey)