How to get to Pedestrian Gate D?

Franky

7 hours ago, Padgey said:

Also take this route then go past the Tesco in Shepton Mallet and head down a road called The Somerset Levels, at the bottom of that turn right and drive through Pilton to West Car Park. 

This has worked in the past (although that's not the correct road name) but the jury is out on whether it still works due to changes in road closures preventing traffic through Pilton after a certain time. 

It's also not really fair on the village or it's inhabitants tbh. 

Best to avoid imho. 

7 hours ago, David_303 said:

From Bicester you could either go a34 down to m4 and drive through Bristol to get to the right side. Another option is to take the a40 at Oxford and head down the a361 from Burford to Swindon and then along the M4. 

I think this is what I did last time actually. Via Swindon onto the M4 

3 hours ago, Neil said:

Don't turn off the road for a car park until you get to the car park you want to use. 

Yeah I thought it was optional but they were being fairly forceful about it early Wednesday morning. At one point the steward side stepped to block a car in front of us as it started to pull around her.

3 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

Purple is on the other side of the site, but we did that trick to get into orange rather than pink.

at that point they had blocked off access to the GATE D Queue at about 6am. We were directed into Gate A and were in the zig zags straight away. We were through the gates at 8:30 am.

Ah my bad, got purple and pink mixed up! Yeah we bypassed that first left for pink travelling eastward 

Interesting that you got redirected and straight into zig zags at A, we probably arrived just before you too, stewards seemed a bit overwhelmed with how quickly the queue built up. Seemed like there were A LOT more early arrivals than in previous years.

6 minutes ago, David_303 said:

That's what I do - I usually pop in to see my parents who live near Burford on the way down. Breaks the journey up!

Oh I leave about 0200 to aim to get to site for around 0400 on the Wednesday morning to join that dreaded queue, once I am in the queue though I am generally chilled out and happy and just let it all happen around me then :)