Margate Summer Series 2023

itskinglizard

The Margate Summer Series is a collection of live events primarily based in the 8000 capacity Dreamland outdoor stage area, and has hosted the likes of Biffy Clyro, Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls, Tom Grennan, Craig David, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, etc

I will post the currently announced concert posters below

They put on a few good shows. Last year, i went to Biffy and Frank Turners shows. Both fantastic shows and we liked the idea of going down to margate for a show. In fact they played the Chas & Dave song at the end of Franks show 😀

The big problem is the price of accomodation costs especially for weekends. We looked for hotels for the weekend next year that Primal Scream & Happy Mondays are playing together. In the end we decided the weekend would just cost to much for one concert and the big part being accomodation costs during holiday season.

I went to the Frank Turner one last year, would have done Biffy too if I wasn't already at another gig, was a great time and it's always good to see larger artists coming down to Margate but yeah this selection of artists isn't doing anything for me really

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

it says on dreamland's site that there's a late train back (2325) after the QOTSA gig thursday next week. however, this isn't showing up on the trainline or south eastern trains. ideally, i'd like to cancel my hotel and change my advance train ticket so there's no overnight stay (i can't cancel the train ticket).

has anyone ever got a late train back to london from margate? i'm just wondering whether it's worth risking boarding that train with my early friday morning return ticket if i can't change it