Roskilde 2023

mln

On 3/25/2023 at 6:11 PM, Andrej said:

Apparently Lana is only doing Glasto this summer over here. She will only tour US in the summer.

Europe in 2024.

Where’d you find info on this? 

And if that’s true then it means that the Saturday big headliner is Lizzo. 

Arctic Monkeys, Stromae, Stormzy and big rock bands seem to be out. 

Edited by festivalguy97

4 hours ago, FrogLobster said:

Im sure there are some other big names alongside Lizzo, just not entirely clear who they are.

Who can it be? The only names I found to be touring in June/July and confirmed in other festivals are Arctic Monkeys, Black Keys, Stormzy and Stromae. And personally none of them seems to be a headliner material, neither Lizzo, besides Arctic Monkeys. 

12 hours ago, festivalguy97 said:

Who can it be? The only names I found to be touring in June/July and confirmed in other festivals are Arctic Monkeys, Black Keys, Stormzy and Stromae. And personally none of them seems to be a headliner material, neither Lizzo, besides Arctic Monkeys. 

If Stormzy can headline Rock Werchter, why couldn't he headline Roskilde? 

7 hours ago, matrainertje said:

If Stormzy can headline Rock Werchter, why couldn't he headline Roskilde? 

Not saying that he can’t he can’t do it, but having 2 rappers (Kendrick and Stormzy) headlining doesn’t seem like something that Roskilde would do. And don’t get me wrong, I like Stormzy. 
I think it must be something very famous for the Saturday headliner, that’s why Lizzo doesn’t seem to be the right option. I do think that Lizzo and Stormzy are probably going to come somewhere Wednesday and Friday. 

2 hours ago, festivalguy97 said:

Not saying that he can’t he can’t do it, but having 2 rappers (Kendrick and Stormzy) headlining doesn’t seem like something that Roskilde would do. And don’t get me wrong, I like Stormzy. 
I think it must be something very famous for the Saturday headliner, that’s why Lizzo doesn’t seem to be the right option. I do think that Lizzo and Stormzy are probably going to come somewhere Wednesday and Friday. 

Last year had Post Malone and Tyler The Creator; so entirely possible to have 2 rap headliners.

Stormzy has also sold out Royal Arena which is same venue size in Copenhagen as Dua Lipa, Post Malone, The Cure, Cardi B, Lizzo.

I think he would be a small headliner for Roskilde (definetly more UK centric musician); but Tyler and Post pulled gigantic crowds (Much bigger than Cure 19 and Strokes 22) so it could be a possible booking.

Edited by FrogLobster

1 hour ago, FrogLobster said:

Last year had Post Malone and Tyler The Creator; so entirely possible to have 2 rap headliners.

Stormzy has also sold out Royal Arena which is same venue size in Copenhagen as Dua Lipa, Post Malone, The Cure, Cardi B, Lizzo.

I think he would be a small headliner for Roskilde (definetly more UK centric musician); but Tyler and Post pulled gigantic crowds (Much bigger than Cure 19 and Strokes 22) so it could be a possible booking.

Agree on the fact that both Tyler and Post pulled big crowds, I was there and it was super full.

On the other hand I feel that having Stormzy closing the festival and waiting to announce him until April is a bit weird. In any case I think having him and Lizzo is much more probable. 

There is this famous tiktoker in Denmark that talks about music and festivals in Denmark and he predicted that the following artists are coming:

-Bjork (would make sense, long time that she haven’t been in Denmark and she missed Denmark on her new tour)

-Depeche Mode (Have a concert in Denmark during Roskilde days) 

-Fred Again (very possible)

-Fka Twigs (not possible cause she cancelled all her summer festivals dates but I’m pretty sure she was booked) 

-Death Grips (very possible, especially that last year there were similar acts like Fontaines DC and Idles) 

-Maneskin (very probable) 

He’s a tiktoker so don’t take his words seriously of course, but it’s an interesting list. They even contacted the booker of Roskilde for a comment and he was excited about this list. You can read the article here it’s in Danish tho https://www.tv2kosmopol.dk/roskilde/tiktoker-afsloerer-hvilke-stjerner-der-skal-spille-paa-roskilde-festival

4 hours ago, festivalguy97 said:

There is this famous tiktoker in Denmark that talks about music and festivals in Denmark and he predicted that the following artists are coming:

-Bjork (would make sense, long time that she haven’t been in Denmark and she missed Denmark on her new tour)

-Fka Twigs (not possible cause she cancelled all her summer festivals dates but I’m pretty sure she was booked) 

-Death Grips (very possible, especially that last year there were similar acts like Fontaines DC and Idles) 

He’s a tiktoker so don’t take his words seriously of course, but it’s an interesting list. They even contacted the booker of Roskilde for a comment and he was excited about this list. You can read the article here it’s in Danish tho https://www.tv2kosmopol.dk/roskilde/tiktoker-afsloerer-hvilke-stjerner-der-skal-spille-paa-roskilde-festival

Eh?

If anything this rules them out. A band as big as Depeche Mode is  not going to play Copenhagen on 27th June and then Roskilde a few days later. This Tiktoker sounds absolutely clueless

• Upvote 1

69 new names including:

Lizzo (US) (Saturday headliner) D-Block Europe (UK) Latto (US) Blæst (DK) Busta Rhymes (US) Charlotte Adigéry & Bolis Pupul (BE) Electric Wizard (UK) Greentea Peng (UK) Loyle Carner (UK) Rokia Koné (ML) Two Shell (UK) Uncle Waffles (ZA) Young Lean (SE)

19 minutes ago, mln said:

69 new names including:

Lizzo (US) (Saturday headliner) D-Block Europe (UK) Latto (US) Blæst (DK) Busta Rhymes (US) Charlotte Adigéry & Bolis Pupul (BE) Electric Wizard (UK) Greentea Peng (UK) Loyle Carner (UK) Rokia Koné (ML) Two Shell (UK) Uncle Waffles (ZA) Young Lean (SE)

Probably the most disappointing announcement ever for Roskilde. 

All the month of waiting just to announce Lizzo? It was clear that bringing Arctic Monkeys or Lana would be hard, but only adding her without adding acts like Stromae and others? 

The smaller names besides a couple of them are also a disappointment. Where are Death Grips, Fred Again and so on? 

11 hours ago, festivalguy97 said:

Well, clearly he doesn't know shit. 🤣

I agree, a long wait for.... Lizzo and Busta Rhymes?!

Without checking out some unknowns; this is my current want to watch list:

Wednesday:

Kendrick, QOTSA, Lorna Shore, Billy Woods, Brimheim, Chat Pile

Thursday:

Lil Nas X, Tove Lo, Denzel Curry, Electric Wizard, Rina Sawayama, Ithaca, Soul Glo, Nova Twins

Friday:

Blur, Rosalia, Christine and the Queens, Alice Glass, Code Orange, Japanese Breakfast, Backxwash

Saturday:

No one. Lizzo would be fun but im a very casual listener to her therefore not worth fighting the crazy train queues back to Copenhagen that night. Will stay home that day to recover. 😁

Overall, I am quite happy; as I have only seen 2 of those artists before many years ago (Kenny and QOTSA) and many of the others I have been wanting to see for ages. 

28 minutes ago, FrogLobster said:

I agree, a long wait for.... Lizzo and Busta Rhymes?!

Without checking out some unknowns; this is my current want to watch list:

Wednesday:

Kendrick, QOTSA, Lorna Shore, Billy Woods, Brimheim, Chat Pile

Thursday:

Lil Nas X, Tove Lo, Denzel Curry, Electric Wizard, Rina Sawayama, Ithaca, Soul Glo, Nova Twins

Friday:

Blur, Rosalia, Christine and the Queens, Alice Glass, Code Orange, Japanese Breakfast, Backxwash

Saturday:

No one. Lizzo would be fun but im a very casual listener to her therefore not worth fighting the crazy train queues back to Copenhagen that night. Will stay home that day to recover. 😁

Overall, I am quite happy; as I have only seen 2 of those artists before many years ago (Kenny and QOTSA) and many of the others I have been wanting to see for ages. 

I literally saw Kendrick, Carolina Polachek, QOTSA, Rosalía and Loulé Carner recently and I don’t want to pay 330€ to see Lizzo and Blur, so I’m actually changing my mind might be selling the ticket. I don’t think it’s bad, I just think that for that amount of money you can bring, either better headliners or better undercard.

Do you guys think it’s gonna be sold out soon? I know it’s always sold out but with this lineup I don’t know, and I want to sell my ticket (for now).

29 minutes ago, FrogLobster said:

Id be surprised if it doesn't sell out; shit loads of kids go to Roskilde as coming-of-age fest regardless of who is playing. Could probably shift the ticket easily!

I also know a couple of Danish people that were drinking in the camping while Rihanna was giving a concert at Roskilde ahahaha in any case I hope they do sell out so in 2024 the program is more consistent 

8 hours ago, Enkidu said:

Eh?

If anything this rules them out. A band as big as Depeche Mode is  not going to play Copenhagen on 27th June and then Roskilde a few days later. This Tiktoker sounds absolutely clueless

Probably a PR stunt from Roskilde, why would the Roskilde booker comment on those rumours. But it’s true that it was a huge miss, me personally I thought that at least Death Grips, Fred Again/Skrillex and Maneskin (maybe) would come to support Lizzo on Saturday…

A few months ago I commented in the forum that the "new line" of the festival was what it was. Some of you told me that there were still + 100 artists missing and we had to wait. I already said that there was hardly any electronic music, nor "indie" guitar groups. It is what it is. Enjoy the new normal and the political booking. 

People will go to the festival because they will drink alcohol for a week at the campsite, but not because of the music. This is not a Line-up that is worth +300 euros.