Download 2024

FeverDream

56 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

''All cities for the Rammstein Europe Stadium Tour 2024 have now been announced. '' 😉

Not entirely sure on the point you're attempting to make here since you're showing they've announced all their European dates for a stadium tour.

Regardless they're not playing Download, if they were it wouldn't be called a stadium tour as they name tours based on where they're playing during it.

Edited by Marka23

16 minutes ago, Marka23 said:

Not entirely sure on the point you're attempting to make here since you're showing they've announced all their European dates for a stadium tour.

Regardless they're not playing Download, if they were it wouldn't be called a stadium tour as they name tours based on where they're playing during it.

Just pointing out language they used different from what you said. Like I said before I don't think they'll play. 

1 hour ago, Judas Yeast said:

My mate is being very tight-lipped but apparently Fightstar were asked but said no as they want to concentrate on their own tour 

How sure is your mate about this headliner info btw? After last year's debacle (from their point of view) of I were Download I'd deffo drop a fake rumour to throw people off. 

11 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

How sure is your mate about this headliner info btw? After last year's debacle (from their point of view) of I were Download I'd deffo drop a fake rumour to throw people off. 

Purely based on what has been announced for other festivals Avenged Sevenfold and Queens of The Stone Age seem likely at least.

22 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

The idea of a fake rumour to throw people off is nonsense at least. Whether or not the information he has is correct, or was correct, is something that is completely different which I guess we'll find out Tuesday. Just passing on what I heard though 

Take every "leak" with a pinch of salt anyway

1 hour ago, Judas Yeast said:

The idea of a fake rumour to throw people off is nonsense at least. Whether or not the information he has is correct, or was correct, is something that is completely different which I guess we'll find out Tuesday. Just passing on what I heard though 

Take every "leak" with a pinch of salt anyway

Fair enough. 

2 hours ago, Marka23 said:

Purely based on what has been announced for other festivals Avenged Sevenfold and Queens of The Stone Age seem likely at least.

Aye though thing with QOTSA is they really could do any numbers of the UK fests. Wouldn't be a shock if the popped up doing BST or R+L or even TRNSMT or Boardmasters tbh. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

Who told you FoB are headlining Download? The staff hired to hand out the free cans?

It's what they said on the forum. Reminds me of people saying security at Download told them X band is headlining the following year even though there's no way they'd know.

Unless the person handing out the cans works for either Fall Out Boy/Live Nation/Liquid Death then I doubt they'd really know who's headlining.

10 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

Who told you FoB are headlining Download? The staff hired to hand out the free cans?

They had about 6 liquid death branded trucks / pop ups that had download dog stickers on them outside the venue at the end of the show. Not sure who the people giving them out were, but with liquid death being the new download sponsor it does seem to add up with the FOB rumour from the download forum.  Not saying it’s confirmed, but thought it would add to the speculation! 

Edited by deadash321

21 minutes ago, callum97 said:

It’s definitely 

FOB / QOTSA / A7X 

all seems to be nailed on now for Tuesdays announcement, I’m going to get my early bird ticket I think… 

Unless we think it will be cheaper to pick one up on resales?

Resales is always a gamble but there will no doubt be some who bought early bird based on the Rammstein/Iron Maiden rumour who are gonna be pissed off and will sell. I mean there were resales last year so you would expect it. 

I know there are some on here's and on official forums that are excited for FOB/QOTSA/AX7 but I'm sure I'm not the only one who is utterly dismayed by it. Feels like too much of a lurch away from hard rock/metal towards a more radio friendly approach. My own view of course.

Shame QOTSA changed so much after their first 3 albums tbh, thought Rated R and Songs for the deaf was brilliant and then Oliveri left and they went more mainstream and I switched off from them. 

Edited by Spiral_Low

1 hour ago, callum97 said:

It’s definitely 

FOB / QOTSA / A7X 

all seems to be nailed on now for Tuesdays announcement, I’m going to get my early bird ticket I think… 

I don't think you'll fail this time to get a cheaper resale...I got one last year but Download does have less on the whole due to be a more niche festival maybe. Picked up my weekend ticket for this year for about £180.

2 hours ago, callum97 said:

It’s definitely 

FOB / QOTSA / A7X 

Has there been a leak to confirm (beyond what we've already been thinking)?

Edited by Heyzoos
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Galactus said:

I put good money it will be leaked by tomorrow night. Media will be recieving the info in prep and you're not telling me it won't get out. Pretty sure it happens every year!

Aside from Bloodstock having their final headliner leaked by Big Green Coach have any festivals for next year had their posters leaked?

This is going to be my final guess before Tuesday: 

APEX: Fall Out Boy / The Offspring / Enter Shikari / Bad Omens / Against The Current / Atreyu / Static Dress 

OPUS: Pantera / Black Stone Cherry 

AVALANCHE: Bury Tomorrow 

DOGTOOTH: Thy Art Is Murder 

APEX: Queens of the Stone Age / Royal Blood / Electric Callboy / ???* / Wargasm / Royal Republic / Cassyette 

OPUS: Five Finger Death Punch / Corey Taylor 

AVALANCHE: Dropkick Murphys 

DOGTOOTH: Fear Factory 

APEX: Avenged Sevenfold / Machine Head / Beartooth / Babymetal / Mudvayne / LANDMVRKS / Employed To Serve 

OPUS: Sum 41 / Billy Talent 

AVALANCHE: The Menzingers 

DOGTOOTH: Biohazard

* I cannot think of anyone to go there 😅