Download 2024

FeverDream

8 hours ago, northernangel said:

So that surely means Alice Cooper, Avril Lavigne, Sum 41 and Against The Current are not at Download. Machine Head can only be Sunday and to be honest fit under A7X. Corey Taylor, Billy Talent, Mudvayne are either Saturday or Sunday.

I hope I'm wrong 

7 minutes ago, SweetJesus said:

hahaha that's really sad. Don't think any other festival in Europe will cry if they don't get FOB

If this ends up being the case I can only imagine that FOB weren’t the first choice and that Download had to offer them a pretty sweet deal when approaching them after choice #1 fell through and being left with very few other options.

22 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

If this ends up being the case I can only imagine that FOB weren’t the first choice and that Download had to offer them a pretty sweet deal when approaching them after choice #1 fell through and being left with very few other options.

I still think SOAD would be the more likely for a band doing a one off European show. It's pretty clear Serj is up for the odd show but not a full tour. Maybe even come over and do Download - Graspop - Hellfest and done. 

2 hours ago, Spiral_Low said:

I still think SOAD would be the more likely for a band doing a one off European show. It's pretty clear Serj is up for the odd show but not a full tour. Maybe even come over and do Download - Graspop - Hellfest and done. 

I can see them doing this exact run with Nova added to it on a year when Graspop and Hellfest are the same weekend again or Rock AM/IM - Nova - Download. Just won't be this year.

On FOB, the fests they are likely to do other than DL are Rock for People, Wertcher, Pinkpop, Roskilde, etc. hardly surprising we haven't seen them yet. Only Rock for People have announced anything yet and they have loads left to drop.

I reckon ACDC, Avenged and Rammstein tbh. I say acdc cause they've only ever played their once back in 2010 and avenged again only ever headlined twice aswell and theirs a gap in their tour for nxt yr too along with Rammstein they've got a gap aswell even tho they've headlined twice it would still be amazing to see them headline again. Possibility bringing their own stage set up like acdc did back in 2010.

Edited by Jay plant

Controversial as it sounds system of a down do not deserve a headliner slot in 2024 . They’ve had no new material in 10 years and haven’t toured in forever . Sorry folks that ship has sailed 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Jay plant said:

I reckon ACDC, Avenged and Rammstein tbh. I say acdc cause they've only ever played their once back in 2010 and avenged again only ever headlined twice aswell and theirs a gap in their tour for nxt yr too along with Rammstein they've got a gap aswell even tho they've headlined twice it would still be amazing to see them headline again. Possibility bringing their own stage set up like acdc did back in 2010.

Rammstein have already announced all their European dates 

29 minutes ago, Jay plant said:

Absolutely zero chance of AC/DC or Rammstein I'm afraid. It's a huge shame of course but definitely isn't happening 

1 minute ago, Jay plant said:

All im going to say to everyone replying to my post is " nobody knows and anything is possible, instead of us going back and forth saying this band isn't gonna be their, that band isn't blah blah blah. Shall we all just wait till Tuesday morning and find out together.

We know Rammstein aren’t playing. 

19 minutes ago, Jay plant said:

Theirs a gap in their tour dates which lines up with download, so they could possibly be announced.

I know but they've already said they've announced all their European dates. This means they're not announcing any other dates for Europe and won't be playing Download.

It's also a stadium tour so they're only playing stadiums not festivals.