Boomtown Chapter 2: The Twin Trials

a6l6e6x

12 hours ago, gfa said:

definitely could still do it

not sure they'd want to spend so much money on him though vs a lot of other options

This is my point. The same thing happened around an electronic duo who have become very big in recent years. There comes a point where Boomtown have to think do we really want to blow a lot of our budget on one act. 

Suppose the small caveat on this is we don't know how the live nation thing will pan out. I have no idea if that will make the budget bigger, or if it will make touring artists more likely to perform at Boomtown

6 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

Hinting they could announce something before the end of the year on instagram. I do think they will have some more household names this year

Isn't that just the winner of the competition they are running just now? If you buy a ticket before 25th Dec you get entered. Winner gets bag of merch.

1 hour ago, deebeedoobee said:

Isn't that just the winner of the competition they are running just now? If you buy a ticket before 25th Dec you get entered. Winner gets bag of merch.

I'd thought maybe they meant something more. I don't think they'll shift the music policy, maybe something still to come on area changes?

1 hour ago, Leyrulion said:

Friday at about 2pm watching Shy Fx in 35°C is the only time I've ever thought "it's too hot" at a festival. Including at various "hot" Glastonbury's.

I understand that there are people that find the warm summer weather too much, but ShyFx for me was perfection. The sun, the temperature,  the vibe, everything. I would give anything to have that again in 2023.

But I understand there are always those for and those against.  Which is why the UK weather is perfect. It gives everyone a chance to enjoy their perfect festival. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

I understand that there are people that find the warm summer weather too much, but ShyFx for me was perfection. The sun, the temperature,  the vibe, everything. I would give anything to have that again in 2023.

But I understand there are always those for and those against.  Which is why the UK weather is perfect. It gives everyone a chance to enjoy their perfect festival. 

Sun over rain anyday. I only had the one moment of weakness all weekend.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

Not sure on this - a lot of people do not pick a washout!

21 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

I’m bringing a water gun this year

I had my two young sons on site this year for Saturday afternoon, and we had a push buggy for them to make getting around easier. They both had little water guns, and i had to explain to them that today is the only day that you can go and spray adults with water guns and get away with it! 😁

• Like 2

23 hours ago, gfa said:

Calling it now that Boomtown’s average audience age is dropping massively for 2023 (and dickheads rising). Seeing more of it on my tiktok than Reading and Leeds or Boardmasters 😬

I dunno, the £300+ price tag might price dick heads out, especially if it's a choice between reading and Leeds or Boom...

Seriously though, they need it. I'm not sure 22 was a sell out and their financial difficulties as an independent are well documented.

Hopefully just enough newbies to absorb the current culture and not overwhelm it with dick headiness imported from elsewhere.

13 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

I dunno, the £300+ price tag might price dick heads out, especially if it's a choice between reading and Leeds or Boom...

Seriously though, they need it. I'm not sure 22 was a sell out and their financial difficulties as an independent are well documented.

Hopefully just enough newbies to absorb the current culture and not overwhelm it with dick headiness imported from elsewhere.

Pretty mcuh everywhere is £300 now, boardmasters and reading n leeds both are

5 hours ago, gfa said:

Pretty mcuh everywhere is £300 now, boardmasters and reading n leeds both are

Huh, could have sworn reading and Leeds were like £240. Must have been early birds or I'm not paying attention! 

I do remember having a conversation during though about their "two main stages" at Boomtown. Grand Central and Origin. 

Origin was really catered to the crowd they've got and grand Central to the crowd they'd like to have. 

I think they are really conscious that they're trying to build something in a certain way so I've faith it won't be overrun. 

1 hour ago, Leyrulion said:

Huh, could have sworn reading and Leeds were like £240. Must have been early birds or I'm not paying attention!  

If we ignore the tired pricing, Boardies is £290 for Wednesday camping and R&L Wednesday entry is £325. Both have gone up a fair bit for next year.

• Thanks 1

On 12/28/2022 at 7:09 PM, Leyrulion said:

I do remember having a conversation during though about their "two main stages" at Boomtown. Grand Central and Origin. 

Origin was really catered to the crowd they've got and grand Central to the crowd they'd like to have. 

I think they are really conscious that they're trying to build something in a certain way so I've faith it won't be overrun. 

100% back this theory. Grand central had a very diverse lineup in terms of music genres, ethnicities and genders whereas i swear origin was just straight up dnb the whole time. Shame grand central didnt build up more of a crowd for acts like Ibibio Sound Machine and Kojey Radical

On 1/5/2023 at 1:11 PM, Isaaclk said:

100% back this theory. Grand central had a very diverse lineup in terms of music genres, ethnicities and genders whereas i swear origin was just straight up dnb the whole time. Shame grand central didnt build up more of a crowd for acts like Ibibio Sound Machine and Kojey Radical

I think it would have if it wasn't so hot. Most of the non dance acts were before 9pm when it was a scorching dust bowl and people were hiding in the shade. 

2 hours ago, Metal Monkey said:

I think it would have if it wasn't so hot. Most of the non dance acts were before 9pm when it was a scorching dust bowl and people were hiding in the shade. 

Yeah but there were lots of other busy stages that were exposed to the sun, including origin

On 1/5/2023 at 1:11 PM, Isaaclk said:

Kojey was so good wasn't he? 

I got to see self esteem on a break and I swear there must have been barely 200 people there.