Volunteering 2023

neil93

2 minutes ago, manclisa said:

I’ve had a couple of times where the reserving button seems to hang for ages. 

That's quite common around 00 or 30, I think it's just down to the number of people pressing the Proceed button at the same time rather than a slot being taken.

Using Chrome and getting lost at point 3 on this?? I can't even see this listed??

Here's how to pre-emptively enable the "proceed" button so you're ready.. (instructions checked with Firefox, but I think Chrome and Edge should be minor cosmetic differences at most):

1. Right Click on the "Choose a Festival" box
2. From the context menu, choose "Inspect"
3. A pane or window should come up showing the web page code - expand the part starting with "<select id" (on firefox it should jump straight to this and highlight it)
4. Find "<option value="4"" and remove the bit that says "disabled="disabled""
5. Close the code pane/window and go back to the page. Select Steward and Glastonbury from the list.

Job done. You may also choose to remove the "sold out" text, but this is purely cosmetic so it doesn't matter either way.

2 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

That's quite common around 00 or 30, I think it's just down to the number of people pressing the Proceed button at the same time rather than a slot being taken.

I was wondering if it’s cos there was a slot there but went to someone else 

4 minutes ago, chestwig said:

Using Chrome and getting lost at point 3 on this?? I can't even see this listed??

Here's how to pre-emptively enable the "proceed" button so you're ready.. (instructions checked with Firefox, but I think Chrome and Edge should be minor cosmetic differences at most):

1. Right Click on the "Choose a Festival" box
2. From the context menu, choose "Inspect"
3. A pane or window should come up showing the web page code - expand the part starting with "<select id" (on firefox it should jump straight to this and highlight it)
4. Find "<option value="4"" and remove the bit that says "disabled="disabled""
5. Close the code pane/window and go back to the page. Select Steward and Glastonbury from the list.

Job done. You may also choose to remove the "sold out" text, but this is purely cosmetic so it doesn't matter either way.

Expand the select text box...find the little expand button at the end of the text and it'll open it all up 

2 minutes ago, Radiopaste said:

Any tips, when to hit refresh etc? Thank you!

Once you get the proceed screen don't refresh. I just clicked proceed a few minutes before hand til got through at 9.30 on the dot today and 8am yesterday 

hi there..do you need to have at least got to some kind of proceed option/page before trying the new method, or may the new method simply work from the off (for some context, myself and wife haven't even seen an un-greyed Glasto option after a week of trying!) ? Hope this makes sense. Thanks!

3 minutes ago, kelongy said:

hi there..do you need to have at least got to some kind of proceed option/page before trying the new method, or may the new method simply work from the off (for some context, myself and wife haven't even seen an un-greyed Glasto option after a week of trying!) ? Hope this makes sense. Thanks!

The ungreyed option is there for sure....what are you seeing? 

5 minutes ago, kelongy said:

Greyed out glasto option is definitely there...

4 minutes ago, kelongy said:

Screenshot_20230512_104637_Chrome.jpg

14 minutes ago, smiley33 said:

I've had great luck with 2 in the last 24 hrs. If you want me to try for you I can log in as you. Just be ready to send payment details 🤷

Your run of luck has given me so much hope, please, I'll take all the help I can get!

1 minute ago, smiley33 said:

Greyed out glasto option is definitely there...

Screenshot_20230512_104637_Chrome.jpg

What I mean is, I've just been hitting refresh all week but still just seeing "Glastonbury - Sold Out". Have never got the chance to click on any ungreyed drop down after refreshing...so question was, do I need to keep try the refresh method then once I manage to get a drop down try the new/coded inspect method, or can you just skip the refresh and try the new/coded inspect method (so essentially this is new method is doing the refresh for you in my eyes?)? Thanks!

3 minutes ago, kelongy said: