Bearded Theory 2023

jimmillen

27 minutes ago, Rumblestripe said:

What is the state of the ground at the site? I think the build started today?

I've just remembered my wellies died a couple of years ago (didn't need them at BT last year) I have a pair in my Amazon shopping basket (cheapo Dunlops) along with some reproofing spray for the tent and some spare tent pegs as I seem to be a bit down on them. 

Excitement is starting to build.

Am not on site but suspect the ground is currently quite bouncy and soft after all the recent rain.

Forecast from now is 95% upwards dry so it will dry and harden but should be fairly good to get tent pegs in.

The festival forecast is still not too bad but there is a chance of  a weather front passing through Saturday/Saturday night and it might be heavy so Sunday might be muddier depending on when the rain stops - but in previous years overnight rain has not made much difference.................. but there is lots of uncertainty after Monday next week in the forecast so it may all change.

• Upvote 1

On 5/13/2023 at 8:53 AM, Nobody Interesting said:

Sunday is a nightmare and I made it worse by taking some time to listen to Convoy Cabaret and Magical Sounds as well - the colours mean stuff to us but I think the amount of colour shows the Sunday clash nightmares!image.thumb.png.21b37a12138a351107206ac8c2cd53b3.png

Haha, I thought my Sunday was bad for clashes.

You have forgot to highlight Skindred though dude

20 minutes ago, Perks said:

Haha, I thought my Sunday was bad for clashes.

You have forgot to highlight Skindred though dude

It looks better than this now......... but just do not like Skindred. I should like them given what music I like but there is something about them I just don't.

On 5/13/2023 at 2:38 PM, Paul ™ said:

They fill the fields concurrently depending on the road traffic.

Plus additional pitches this year that have hook up so they will be filtered off to wherever they are going to be located too.

And yes awning ok if fits in your pitch, which are mowed 7m long and marked 7m wide. 

Hi, sorry to drag this back to a few days ago. I have seen in the ticket terms that campervan pitches will be 6x7 not 7x7. Does anyone know which is correct, maybe they're all being squeezed up this year? Going to be a bit tight for our setup. Thanks

29 minutes ago, soggysocks said:

Hi, sorry to drag this back to a few days ago. I have seen in the ticket terms that campervan pitches will be 6x7 not 7x7. Does anyone know which is correct, maybe they're all being squeezed up this year? Going to be a bit tight for our setup. Thanks

EDIT - found it........ oh dear, it seems the pitch size has been reduced. Clause 24.
image.thumb.png.0e4be3f9aa7bf4532e97ec2426fda141.png 

Edited by Nobody Interesting

5 minutes ago, actionstations said:

found this 2019 map on the official blog... anyone got a 2022 one? Or even a 2023 version if anyone's got their hands on a new programme? 🙂

site-plan.jpg

There were not many changes in 2022:
RHS Carpark was listed as Car Park and Campervans
The Circus was not there and was  artist camping
The Tea Tent had moved up and the Knockerdown Variety Club was where that was
The Showcase did not exist in 2022

Apart from that pretty much the same I think.

I asked Bearded direct last week about a map and they said they were working on it and 'planned' to publish before the festival started.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Is it likely a programme will leak before next Thursday? Mainly map and set times?

Unlikely - has not happened before as far s I know apart from last year when a pdf of set times was put up a couple of days early on the website (hidden) but was found by someone on here.
BT say they have no plans to have such a PDF this year but I am watching the folders it would be in if they did.

7 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

What info are you after?

Just an up to date map would do I suppose. No idea where anything is. Although it looks small enough (don't mean that in a bad way, far from it), for us not to get lost, as we are planning at least one day without our bloody mobile phones.

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry Fat said:

Just an up to date map would do I suppose. No idea where anything is. Although it looks small enough (don't mean that in a bad way, far from it), for us not to get lost, as we are planning at least one day without our bloody mobile phones.

The map above on this thread will give you enough of an idea where everything is.

All the main stages, Magical Sounds, Maui Waui, Pallet, Tea Tent and Woodland will be in the same places or very close to it.

Fun fair will likely be there and in the same area.

In the camp sites there is a central walk way that if followed takes you to the carpark in one direction and Pallett in the other.

No idea where the new Meadow stage will be though - my logic is perhaps where the circus tent is on the map above but if that is right it may give sound bleed problems - but that depends which way the stage faces.

We don't use our mobiles at all - no need for them at all.

It is small, flat and really easy to learn your way around.

3 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

The map above on this thread will give you enough of an idea where everything is.

All the main stages, Magical Sounds, Maui Waui, Pallet, Tea Tent and Woodland will be in the same places or very close to it.

Fun fair will likely be there and in the same area.

In the camp sites there is a central walk way that if followed takes you to the carpark in one direction and Pallett in the other.

No idea where the new Meadow stage will be though - my logic is perhaps where the circus tent is on the map above but if that is right it may give sound bleed problems - but that depends which way the stage faces.

We don't use our mobiles at all - no need for them at all.

It is small, flat and really easy to learn your way around.

Thanks for that, we are all Glasto veterans but have slowed down and calmed down so really looking forward to BT. We booked it blind, so how lucky have we been with this line up?

Cheers, see you in the fields!!

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry Fat said:

Thanks for that, we are all Glasto veterans but have slowed down and calmed down so really looking forward to BT. We booked it blind, so how lucky have we been with this line up?

Cheers, see you in the fields!!

The lineup for Bearded is always amazing - and Bearded is, IMHO, better than GF as you do not need to decide one stage over another as it does not take 45 mins to walk between them.

This map is from last year but does not have much info on it.
image.thumb.jpeg.0b994c4bef84c9a5739890170238841b.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

The lineup for Bearded is always amazing - and Bearded is, IMHO, better than GF as you do not need to decide one stage over another as it does not take 45 mins to walk between them.

This map is from last year but does not have much info on it.
image.thumb.jpeg.0b994c4bef84c9a5739890170238841b.jpeg

🤩Thanks.

15 minutes ago, Huckleberry Fat said:

🤩Thanks.

You are most welcome.

Here is a pic to help too from 2020.

White tent RHS is bar
Silver is Pallet
Purple and Yellow on left is Maui Waui
Blue and White is Magical sounds but is more to the left now.
Funfair in the middle left and out of pic is Tea Tent to left of funfair.

Walkway to woodland (which is of course in the woodland) is, keeping Maui Waui on LHS, round to the left and past Convoy Cabaret (not in pic)

In the far distance you can see the central walkway through main camping.

9 days.............................

vid.jpg

• Like 1

On 5/15/2023 at 3:53 PM, Rumblestripe said:

What is the state of the ground at the site? I think the build started today?

I've just remembered my wellies died a couple of years ago (didn't need them at BT last year) I have a pair in my Amazon shopping basket (cheapo Dunlops) along with some reproofing spray for the tent and some spare tent pegs as I seem to be a bit down on them. 

Excitement is starting to build.

My boots are from waterproof now but no way I'm wearing wellies! 

If it's anything like my garden I expect the ground is pretty soft, but the forecast is looking drier now so hopefully improving..

3 hours ago, Huckleberry Fat said:

It is a small site...would say you are probably never more than 15-20 minutes from anywhere you want to be. If you are worried about getting lost from your crowd suggest having a recce point somewhere at the back of the main stage (by the bar is a good shout!)

It really is a brilliant festival with a lovely crowd. Hopefully the new stuff wont change that too much. 

Have a great one...next week! 

23 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

It looks better than this now......... but just do not like Skindred. I should like them given what music I like but there is something about them I just don't.

My brother in law was banging on about them when I went to BD a couple of years ago...didnt clash with anybody and must admit massively enjoyed them, highlight of the weekend! Hope I can catch them at BT but fuck knows how many bands I want to see they will clash with! 

3 hours ago, Huckleberry Fat said:

🤩Thanks.

No idea what year but Pallet is obvious. Maui Waui still the yellow and purple striped. Magical Sounds Red with Yellow stripes, Convoy Cabaret at middle top ish red and white...... woodland in the woods to the left.

From pics of the site today I am guessing the new Meadow stage is up and left from Magical sounds, likely near where the Cinema was on the map posted earlier.

May be an image of crowd

10 minutes ago, Flaminglippy said:

My brother in law was banging on about them when I went to BD a couple of years ago...didnt clash with anybody and must admit massively enjoyed them, highlight of the weekend! Hope I can catch them at BT but fuck knows how many bands I want to see they will clash with! 

Now you have me watching a youtube vid of them live........

45 minutes ago, Flaminglippy said:

and as a result of watching them live at Blookstock in 2021 Sunday now looks like this, and this is without the smaller stages! Nightmare.
image.thumb.png.b3d9e7164820cc2cb29a2ffa435339e7.png

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Huckleberry Fat said:

Just to add that there is little to no phone reception there. They advertised paid wifi last year but it didn't work for anyone.