Bearded Theory 2023

jimmillen

1 hour ago, Callum_96 said:

Decided to have a look at a few websites to see if any have days on, found the following:

Thursday 25th May:

Anna Calvi 

Yard Act

Friday 26th May:

Gogol Bordello

Flogging Molly

Alvaays

The Beths

Lime Cordiale 

Mad Dog Mcrea

Opus Kink

Benefits

Stick in the Wheel

Saturday 27th May:

Gary Numan

Billy Bragg

Beans on Toast

Lanterns on the Lake

Coach Party

Scalping

Sunday 28th May:

Primal Scream

PSB

The Dualers

Skinny Lister

Bully

Good sleuthiung - Some of the Thursday and Friday ones may be that they just add the festival start date.

Another thing is that Pretenders appear on the lineup top line - so headliners we all presiume.

Well if their own website is true they can't be headliners as they are an Exclusive Headliner at Midnight Sun Festival.

image.thumb.png.317b673110146d407bb8893709b48b9a.png

22 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Good sleuthiung - Some of the Thursday and Friday ones may be that they just add the festival start date.

Another thing is that Pretenders appear on the lineup top line - so headliners we all presiume.

Well if their own website is true they can't be headliners as they are an Exclusive Headliner at Midnight Sun Festival.

image.thumb.png.317b673110146d407bb8893709b48b9a.png

Yeah I think Yard Act and Anna Calvi are just putting the first date but alot of the ones on Friday are also playing Dot to Dot, Slam Dunk or Live At Leeds.

I'm sure I read that were missing a headliner so expecting to The Pretenders as a sub. Think I also read somewhere that Echo and the Bunnymen were the same day as Interpol

2 hours ago, uscore said:

Does this suggest that the new stage is going to be the Second stage, and the Woodland is 3rd?

Yup, the larger acts that would have been on in the Woodlands will be in the Big Top, so will combat the 'queue' to get into a limited space that everyone moaned about, and will probably still moan if the Big Top gets full 😉

1 hour ago, Callum_96 said:

Yeah I think Yard Act and Anna Calvi are just putting the first date but alot of the ones on Friday are also playing Dot to Dot, Slam Dunk or Live At Leeds.

I'm sure I read that were missing a headliner so expecting to The Pretenders as a sub. Think I also read somewhere that Echo and the Bunnymen were the same day as Interpol

Unless Flogging Molly are the other headliner - they headlined Beautiful Days so not out the question.

Maybe Pretenders are subbing them, Echo subbing Interpol and Numan subbing Primal Scream....... however when Echo were booked for 2020 that never happened they were playing 3rd down

6 hours ago, Callum_96 said:

Decided to have a look at a few websites to see if any have days on, found the following:

Thursday 25th May:

Anna Calvi 

Yard Act

Friday 26th May:

Gogol Bordello

Flogging Molly

Alvaays

The Beths

Lime Cordiale 

Mad Dog Mcrea

Opus Kink

Benefits

Stick in the Wheel

Saturday 27th May:

Gary Numan

Billy Bragg

Beans on Toast

Lanterns on the Lake

Coach Party

Scalping

Sunday 28th May:

Primal Scream

PSB

The Dualers

Skinny Lister

Bully

Haha I did the same , cabarats are Friday as is Delilah Bon, idestroy are Saturday didn’t get any others

I am doing my normal Clashfinder - based on last years times, educated guesses, pot luck and actual info......

If you see any confirmed slots, let me know and I can update it but hopefully the festival will have the same set lists as last year online the week before so it can be spot on.

but do buy the programme on arrival anyway.

https://clashfinder.com/s/beardedtheory2023

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I am doing my normal Clashfinder - based on last years times, educated guesses, pot luck and actual info......

If you see any confirmed slots, let me know and I can update it but hopefully the festival will have the same set lists as last year online the week before so it can be spot on.

but do buy the programme on arrival anyway.

https://clashfinder.com/s/beardedtheory2023

Good work, only thing to note at this early stage is that Beans on Toast said he'd be doing two sets in his Woodland takeover day. 

On 3/13/2023 at 2:27 PM, Callum_96 said:

Thursday 25th May:

Anna Calvi 

Yard Act

Friday 26th May:

Gogol Bordello

Flogging Molly

Alvaays

The Beths

Lime Cordiale 

Mad Dog Mcrea

Opus Kink

Benefits

Stick in the Wheel

Saturday 27th May:

Gary Numan

Billy Bragg

Beans on Toast

Lanterns on the Lake

Coach Party

Scalping

Sunday 28th May:

Primal Scream

PSB

The Dualers

Skinny Lister

Bully

Some additions I want to make after a bit of digging of my own:

Friday 26th May:

Pet Needs

Tay Oskee

Rudesix

Mik Artistik's Ego Trip

Pete Bentham and the Dinner Ladies

Morganway

Saturday 27th May:

IDestroy

The Scribes

Seas Of Mirth

Cosmic Ninja

Sunday 28th May:

Warmduscher

Rodney Branigan

There's another act who I know is going to be performing on the Sunday, but since I DM'd them about it, I'll keep it under wraps so not to spoil it

Edited by Jackie Daytona
Misspelling

1 hour ago, Jackie Daytona said:

Some additions I want to make after a bit of digging of my own:

Friday 26th May:

Pet Needs

Tay Oskee

Rudesix

Mik Artistik's Ego Trip

Pete Bentham and the Dinner Ladies

Morganway

Saturday 27th May:

IDestroy

The Scribes

Seas Of Mirth

Cosmic Ninja

Sunday 28th May:

Warmduscher

Rodney Branigan

There's another act who I know is going to be performing on the Sunday, but since I DM'd them about it, I'll keep it under wraps so not to spoil it

Over 15 more acts and other entertainment to be announced over the next week they have just said........... 

Hopefully the one you know is something we can be excited by - not that the existing lineup is not great.

53 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Over 15 more acts and other entertainment to be announced over the next week they have just said........... 

Hopefully the one you know is something we can be excited by - not that the existing lineup is not great.

It's an act that has already been announced, but they're on a date you won't expect. 

I'll leave it at that. 

23 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Good work, only thing to note at this early stage is that Beans on Toast said he'd be doing two sets in his Woodland takeover day. 

Interesting, knowing Beans I have a feeling he may open the day with his Little Bee stuff for the families. That's the only reason I can think of for two sets.

30 minutes ago, Boomtowner said:

Interesting, knowing Beans I have a feeling he may open the day with his Little Bee stuff for the families. That's the only reason I can think of for two sets.

Good shout, makes total sense. 

I'm gonna guess Gilla Band will perform on the Thursday, because they start their European tour at the end of May, playing Birkenhead on the Friday and then Wide Awake Festival in London on Saturday. While Sunday is open for them, they are performing in Brussels on the Monday so instead of dashing back and forth from London to The Midlands and then heading back down to get to Belgium for the next day, it would give them more time to do Bearded on the Thursday and leave them ample time to get to Brussels over the next two days.

18 hours ago, Jackie Daytona said:

I'm gonna guess Gilla Band will perform on the Thursday, because they start their European tour at the end of May, playing Birkenhead on the Friday and then Wide Awake Festival in London on Saturday. While Sunday is open for them, they are performing in Brussels on the Monday so instead of dashing back and forth from London to The Midlands and then heading back down to get to Belgium for the next day, it would give them more time to do Bearded on the Thursday and leave them ample time to get to Brussels over the next two days.

Gilla band are not playing. 

I assume it's this Girlband, who are also playing dot to dot festival the same weekend:

https://www.dottodotfestival.co.uk/artist/girlband/

4 hours ago, dpdp said:

Gilla band are not playing. 

I assume it's this Girlband, who are also playing dot to dot festival the same weekend:

https://www.dottodotfestival.co.uk/artist/girlband/

Ah OK, I didn't know about this Girlband and just thought Bearded were still referring to Gilla Band by their former name. 

This clears up my confusion.

Kickstarting Monday with our first announcement of the week (yes, there's more to come after this!). We're very pleased to reveal that The Knockerdown Variety Club, new for last year, will be back for Bearded Theory 2023!

The tent of fantastically fun times will once again play host to an array of comedians, courtesy of Funhouse Comedy Club, including Markus Birdman, Lindsey Santoro, Sean Heydon, Karen Bayley, Martin Mor, Duncan Oakley, Steve Royle, Jonny Awsum and loads more, check out our website for the full line-up: beardedtheory.co.uk/comedy-2023

PLUS, we're bringing back one of the highlights of 2022 - KARAOKE!! So warm up those vocal cords and we'll see YOU on the stage at this year's festival

335855778_911734853308907_6118099463861418027_n.jpg

• Like 1