Open'er Festival 2023

Rico_Pliskin

3 hours ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Deki alem are decent, SZA is not.

Can't understand what a set from her sounds like

Watch videos of her new tour on YouTube. An amazing set with visuals and her songs are quite nice, but you need to be a fan of her to really enjoy it. In my opinion it’s a really big booking, her new album was universally acclaimed by critics and was number one in many countries, so she’s quite a big right now. 

• Upvote 1

SZA is an awesome booking. Very happy with Ezra Collective too.

We've finally booked accommodation in Gdansk (flights booked some time ago) and gosh, prices went up in Poland by a lot. I know it's quite late, but last time we booked a place as late as early May and it surely was cheaper. It's still quite cheap overall though.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/30/2023 at 5:50 PM, rgvili said:

hi, im looking to go to open'er this year after mad cool and sziget last year.

what is your experience? how's the camping there or a hotel is a better option in that case? also would you recommend getting a train from Warsaw or Krakow?

Never camped, so I won't be of much help, but from what I've heard the camping is pretty basic, but very close to the festival and there's a beach not far away if the weather's fine (not a given at Open'er for sure...)

We usually stay at a hotel in Sopot or Gdansk, cause there are trains going there during the Open'er nights and they're both nice places to hang out during the day. In the afternoon: a train to Gdynia and then a shuttle bus to the festival. It's very easy, it just takes a while. I assume hotels are expensive now though, prices went up by a lot in Poland... And it's actually really late when it comes to booking hotels for a festival weekend (like everywhere...)

I don't know about the trains, we always fly directly to Gdansk. Warsaw should be okay if you don't arrive there too late, but Krakow is far. Locals should be able to tell you more.

On 4/30/2023 at 5:50 PM, rgvili said:

hi, im looking to go to open'er this year after mad cool and sziget last year.

what is your experience? how's the camping there or a hotel is a better option in that case? also would you recommend getting a train from Warsaw or Krakow?

camping is fine, very close to the Main Stage (like 5-7 minutes walk), with hot shower facilities (you need to pay extra for these on site) small convenience store and a few food trucks with breakfast and lunch/dinner options.

It would be very hard now to find a hotel for a decent price and in a good location (Gdynia, Gdansk or Sopot), but you can always try - just make sure a hotel is close to one of the SKM train stations.

There are train connections from Krakow and Warsaw, so it wouldn't be a big problem, unless you're coming too late. The train trip from Krakow to Gdynia takes around 6-8 hours probably, and from Warsaw to Gdynia - 3-5 hours. You can check the train schedule here: https://rozklad-pkp.pl/en

8 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

Labrinth's performance was one of the highlights of Coachella livestream. He brought out the biggest guests of the festival. Billie Eilish for weekend 1 and Zendaya and Sia for weekend 2.

yeah, and you can say based on social media responses that this announcement is a big success for Open'er. It seems that waiting so long with finalizing the line-up can sometimes have a positive outcome.

6 hours ago, mln said:

yeah, and you can say based on social media responses that this announcement is a big success for Open'er. It seems that waiting so long with finalizing the line-up can sometimes have a positive outcome.

Getting BOTH Labrinth & SZA as festival exclusives is impressive.

Hi, first time attending to the festival, really looking forward to it. I am staying in Sopot and planning to take the train + shuttle as you mentioned before. Any tips for the festival and what to visit nearby? Could you tell me a bit about the prices at the festival? How much is a dinner plate and drinks (beer/refreshment). Thank you 🙂 

12 hours ago, piot said:

Any tips for the festival

A few things that come to my mind right now:

1. When planning your trip to the festival, you need to remember that it takes around 25-40 minutes (depending on the traffic) to get by shuttle bus from Gdynia Station to the festival and then around 15-20 minutes to get by foot from the festival bus stop to the Main Stage (+10 minutes to the Tent Stage).

2. The festival area is quite close to the sea, so it can be cold and windy late at night, even if the weather was good during the day.

3. There are designated areas where you can drink alcohol drinks stronger than 3.5%. For example, you can't take a regular beer or a drink with vodka near the stages.

12 hours ago, piot said:

what to visit nearby

If you have enough time, you should definitely visit Gdansk Old Town. There is also a very nice beach near the festival (Babie Doły). You can get there by the festival shuttle bus and then 5-10 minutes walk.

12 hours ago, piot said:

Could you tell me a bit about the prices at the festival?

Last year, 400ml of beer was around 16 PLN, a drink of Jägermeister and Red Bull around 28 PLN. Food is around 30-45 PLN.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, rgvili said:

Hi everyone, can anyone who camped before share about the experience? safety, location, rain...

Hi! I've been camping since 2011 and I've never had any safety issues and never heard of any. The campsite is located around 5-10 minute walk from the Main Stage. There are several F&B options on site and a small market with basic products (bread, water, beer, drinks, breakfast products etc).

9 minutes ago, rgvili said:

also are there any big names left to be announced for some of the days?

Yeah, on average every year there are 13-15 international acts on Main Stage and this year we have only 10, so definitely something's coming soon. Also, we should expect 3-4 more names for Tent Stage (especially on Wednesday).

11 minutes ago, rgvili said:

and how are the nights? are there parties after the concerts or that's it?

Regular concerts end around 2am, but there is Beat Stage with well known DJs who play until 4am. There are also several areas powered by festival sponsors and partners (Heineken, Desperados, Jägermeister) where parties also last till 4am.

5 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Reckon Queens will get a 90 min slot?

If not we should start a petition.

How did similar acts do in that spot, nick cave etc?

Yeah, let's hope so, can't see any reason why not. If I remember correctly, Nick Cave's slot was 75 minutes at least, maybe a bit more. To be honest, there weren't many acts in the history of Open'er similar in size to QOTSA who did not headline or co-headline.

23 minutes ago, mln said:

Yeah, let's hope so, can't see any reason why not. If I remember correctly, Nick Cave's slot was 75 minutes at least, maybe a bit more. To be honest, there weren't many acts in the history of Open'er similar in size to QOTSA who did not headline or co-headline.

Who do you think we are waiting on. Who you speculating? Main stage on second day and tent/alter on other days.

50 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Who do you think we are waiting on. Who you speculating? Main stage on second day and tent/alter on other days.

We also need at least one name for Main Stage on Friday and Saturday. From what's around and available, I'm hoping for Fred Again, Rosalia, Sam Fender, and Japanese Breakfast (perfect for Wednesday on Tent Stage). Other acts that are around: Kygo, Burna Boy, Rag'n'Bone Man, Stormzy, Aurora, Niall Horan, Loyle Carner.

Hopefully, we will find out soon!