Open'er Festival 2023

Rico_Pliskin

On 6/9/2023 at 5:33 PM, Itsye4 said:

Do you think there will be more big announcement? or that's it?

we should get around 3-5 more international names (hoping for one bigger act to close the Main Stage on Thursday). The rest will be just Polish acts.

10 hours ago, mln said:

we should get around 3-5 more international names (hoping for one bigger act to close the Main Stage on Thursday). The rest will be just Polish acts.

Isn't it a bit too optimistic? We're nearly at 40 international acts (excluding DJs) and I thought it's max what Open'er does.

Hoping for sth for Thursday too, but they could just move Metro Boomin to the main stage. It'd be better than having MGK close it, even though I'm gonna spend most of that day in the white tent anyway.

Also announcing someone big now wouldn't sell too many tickets, eh? Hotels and flights were already expensive in late winter/early spring when we booked stuff, it surely got worse.

38 minutes ago, Giovanni said:

Isn't it a bit too optimistic? We're nearly at 40 international acts (excluding DJs) and I thought it's max what Open'er does.

Hoping for sth for Thursday too, but they could just move Metro Boomin to the main stage. It'd be better than having MGK close it, even though I'm gonna spend most of that day in the white tent anyway.

Also announcing someone big now wouldn't sell too many tickets, eh? Hotels and flights were already expensive in late winter/early spring when we booked stuff, it surely got worse.

Last year we had 43 international acts, that's why I hope for 3-4 more.

I don't get their habit of announcing so late, but in the past they announced e.g. Noel Gallagher or AJ Tracey in the second part of June.

26 minutes ago, Maciekcyferki said:

I'm really hoping for at least one more big announcement, but have no inside info regarding this unfortunately. 

Yeah, Thursday really needs one more big name for Main Stage, but I'm losing my hope...

Last year this day they revealed a timetable, but unfortunately it doesn't look like we're getting one today.

Edited by mln

13 minutes ago, mln said:

Yeah, Thursday really needs one more big name for Main Stage, but I'm losing my hope...

Last year this day they revealed a timetable, but unfortunately it doesn't look like we're getting one today.

Timetable and rest of the acts. Be positive!

Got tickets for Queens in Dublin. Double dipping 

Major Lazer Soundsystem, Jacob Collier, Latto, and several polish names are the last additions to this year's line-up. So disappointed we got Major Lazer Soundsystem instead of Fred to close the Main Stage on Thursday 😞.

They're slowly publishing set times in the festival app, so far we have:

AM - 22:00 Lizzo - 22:00 Kendrick: 00:00 (that's a surprise) Lil Nas X: 00:15 Girl in red: 00:15 MGK: 19:45 NBT: 23:15 OneRepublic: 20:00 QOTSA: 20:00

1 hour ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Schedule is up. You know for not a lot of bands they still find a way to make clashes.

Queens of the stone age/Caroline polachek

Young father's/labrinth 

yeah, Friday and Saturday will be very busy this year (also girl in red clashing with Young Fathers). On the other hand, for me Thursday is one of the weakest days in the entire history of the festival

Edited by mln

3 hours ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

I'll come in for SZA and go home.

At least stay for Ezra Collective!

Friday and especially Saturday are going to be busy indeed. Clashes too... Caroline vs QOTSA, Sylvan Esso vs Rina, Girl in Red vs Young Fathers etc. Wednesday used to be the strongest day at Open'er, this year it's by no means weak, but I think it lacks one strong name in the white tent.

Thursday isn't actually weak imo, it's just MGK is sh*tty and Major Lazer are a few years past their prime. And the blue tent isn't actually that interesting either. Nevertheless, Metro Boomin is a huge booking for this stage, I really thought they're gonna move him to the main stage. Anyway, I'm going to see SZA, Los Bitchos, Touche Amore and Ezra Collective on Thursday, that makes me quite happy to chill out with a beer in the meantime.

PS. Is Brodka any good? I've heard good stuff about her and we like to check out Polish music, but 1 am might be a bit late for exploration...

37 minutes ago, Giovanni said:

Is Brodka any good? I've heard good stuff about her and we like to check out Polish music, but 1 am might be a bit late for exploration

Yeah, Brodka and Ezra Collective are the only reasons why I wont be leaving after SZA. You should check her out :)

• 2 weeks later...

It was fun! 

I enjoyed the most, in no particular order: Ezra Collective, Young Fathers, Kendrick, Underworld, Lizzo, QOTSA, Rina, Thundercat, Los Bitchos, Christine & The Queens... A diverse set for sure and that's Open'er for us. 

Smoothly organized and even the rain wasn't the bitch we thought it'd be.

The colours of the tents changed though and I kept calling the tent stage blue while it was the alter stage that was blue this year 😄 A great way to confuse your friends!

27 minutes ago, Giovanni said:

It was fun! 

I enjoyed the most, in no particular order: Ezra Collective, Young Fathers, Kendrick, Underworld, Lizzo, QOTSA, Rina, Thundercat, Los Bitchos, Christine & The Queens... A diverse set for sure and that's Open'er for us. 

Smoothly organized and even the rain wasn't the bitch we thought it'd be.

The colours of the tents changed though and I kept calling the tent stage blue while it was the alter stage that was blue this year 😄 A great way to confuse your friends!

yeah, pretty good one this year, not very crowded, good weather, and it turned out the line-up wasn't that bad after all 😉

My highlights: QOTSA, Ezra Colletive, Lizzo, Young Fathers, Kendrick, AM, Warhaus, Rina, Labrinth. 

The biggest disappointment? I expected more from SZA tbh, but there were some technical issues so maybe not entirely her fault. And her crowd was probably the smallest I've ever seen when it comes to headliners (maybe next to The Libertines from 2015).