Open'er Festival 2023

Rico_Pliskin

5 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Not headlining the day which is good news.

Hoping for moderat and m83 for today. Give me one!

Based on the dates, I think M83 will play Fest Festival in August.

My bet for next announcements today: Rosalia, Fred Again.., Sylvan Esso, Japanese Breakfast.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, stephj said:

What do we think the likelihood is of the Strokes/Red Hot Chilli Peppers being announced as headliners? Looks like there is a small gap in RHCP's tour dates and they are in Europe at the time of Open'er.

RHCP are playing in Warsaw on June 21st, so no chances. The Strokes played here in 2019, and they seem to be touring only late summer, so very small chances as well.

We only miss one headliner, and unless it's an act that do not have any dates in June/July yet (e.g. Billie Eilish, Doja Cat), I think the only two possibilies atm are Travis Scott and Blur.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

With Blur playing Roskilde on the 30th and Opener missing headliners on the 29th who we thinking we may get?

On a side note Graham Coxons new band the Waeve seem to be playing the night before Blur gigs. Nothing announced for the 29th before Roskilde of course I just think Blur is unlikely.

what headliner is Mad Cool waiting for? They seem to be waiting for two. Like I know we couldn't get Guns and Roses.

but the other one perhaps?

Edited by Rico_Pliskin

15 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Travis is in Italy on the 30th and Holland on the 1st July. Has previously played 3 fests in a row.

Do you think that Opener would have 2 rapper headliners with another day of Lizzo/Nas X.

Bit overkill on the RnB side of house?

Like I said earlier, the only two possibilities right now are Travis and Blur, and I'd bet on the latter since we already have one hip-hop headliner and because of the Q&A session with Dave Rowntree. Add Rosalia on Thursday and you have a quite diverse set of names for Main Stage.

But maybe there's still some big name without any dates yet...

FB_IMG_1674909076418.jpg

22 hours ago, mln said:

Like I said earlier, the only two possibilities right now are Travis and Blur, and I'd bet on the latter since we already have one hip-hop headliner and because of the Q&A session with Dave Rowntree. Add Rosalia on Thursday and you have a quite diverse set of names for Main Stage.

But maybe there's still some big name without any dates yet...

FB_IMG_1674909076418.jpg

A one off gig in Polsat Plus arena? 40000 + capacity. 

Would be great if there was someone great yet to announce but completely off our radars. 

Like Green Day, Metallica, System of a Down, MCR, Bon Iver, The Smashing Pumpkins,

all touring and Metallica, Bon Iver in the near area. 

29 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Won't be bjork anyway, not that I thought that would happen. 

Announced a polish gig for November 

Regarding your previous post, you can also forget about Metallica (playing two gigs in Poland in 2024), TSP (played Open'er in 2019), SOAD (don't think they're on tour in 2023?), Green Day (I think they are not in Europe in 2023, have some USA dates in July).

Bon Iver are possible (Alter Art have already booked them twice in the past), but definitely not as a headliner.

Lolla Stockholm line-up should be published today or tomorrow. Maybe we will know more then!

Edited by mln