2000 Trees 2023

itskinglizard

11 hours ago, Gummy de Milo said:

Are they big enough to headline? Feel free to tell me im wrong but I thought they weren't that big, would thought Skindred, Deaf Havana and Hundred Reasons would play above them?

They would. But Trees do make an odd booking now and then based on bands they love. Thrice headlining last year was one of those.

13 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

They would. But Trees do make an odd booking now and then based on bands they love. Thrice headlining last year was one of those.

True but aren't Thrice bigger than Thursday? Last time Thursday played the UK was just 2 dates at electric ballroom.

That being said, Thursday seem like the kind of band the organisers love and if they billed Thursday as an UK exclusive show of War All the Time then they would probably do it. Would still be a weak headliner but seems plausible.

Although ATG are also announcing on Thursday and in the email they sent out they did bold "Thursday 10am" so maybe we shouldn't read too much into that "clue".

16 hours ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

They aren't headline size, neither are Reel Big Fish really

Slaves haven't really taken off since the change to Soft Play so can't see it being them, Hundred Reasons are already subbing Frank Carter

Think it’s a bit unfair to say soft play haven’t taken off since the name change considering they haven’t released anything yet. I know a lot of people who are still massive fans, I’m really hoping for them

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, madox said:

Think it’s a bit unfair to say soft play haven’t taken off since the name change considering they haven’t released anything yet. I know a lot of people who are still massive fans, I’m really hoping for them

I agree with this. They were selling out decent sized shows very quickly before they took a break. I think a reunion would sell a lot of day tickets.

3 hours ago, madox said:

It was nicer than me saying they're utter shite, well Slaves were at least 

5 hours ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

True but aren't Thrice bigger than Thursday? Last time Thursday played the UK was just 2 dates at electric ballroom.

That being said, Thursday seem like the kind of band the organisers love and if they billed Thursday as an UK exclusive show of War All the Time then they would probably do it. Would still be a weak headliner but seems plausible.

Although ATG have also capitalised Thursday in the announcement posts today so maybe we shouldn't read too much into this "clue"

10 minutes ago, Alex Winstone said:

DPU subbing bullet?

Probably from the looks of things yeah.

15 minutes ago, iistroudley said:

Now we've got the full line-up. Any smaller band recommendations that people have got?

Depends on who you planning on seeing so far but I'm just gonna recommend Narrow Head and Fleshwater to everyone as both of those bands are so good.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, iistroudley said:

Now we've got the full line-up. Any smaller band recommendations that people have got?

Modern Error: Nine Inch Nails-esque, high production value synth post-hardcore. Released one of my top 10 albums last year. Listen to Errors of the World and A Vital Sign

As Everything Unfolds: Female-fronted metalcore/post-hardcore with a few electronic bits too. Listen to Hiding From Myself and Ultraviolet

Unpeople: The guitarist and bassist from Press To Meco new band (they both sung too). Nothing released yet.

Dead Poet Society: Kinda like a heavier Nothing But Thieves. High vocals and melodic but downtuned guitars. Listen to .CoDa. and .intoodeep.

High Vis: Jangly, Smiths like guitars and gentle but hardcore vocals. Listen to Trauma Bonds and Walking Wires

Lynks: 'Avant-garde queercore made club-ready'. Listen to Everyone's Hot, Str8 Acting and he features on Go Get A Tattoo by Frank Carter 

Edited by sacred shape
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, iistroudley said:

Graphic Nature - nu-hardcore with trimmings of Slipknot amongst other influence in their sound, very heavy, very visceral, great live 

Lake Malice - this band are fast rising, they're gonna be everywhere, well produced alternative heavy music, hard to pin to a genre, very good stuff 

As Everything Unfolds - the 5 tracks currently out from their upcoming album are straight up some of the best shit I've ever heard, Felt Like Home is an undeniable banger you're gonna wanna be there to sing along to

PALEDUSK - this is the big one for me, been waiting to see these for ages, they're like Crossfaith if they were remixed up by The Prodigy and on all kinds of fucking speed. Absolutely batshit insane sound, unique, nobody doing it like them rn. 

Press To MECO - really great band that mix vocal harmonies w sick riffs, it's their last ever show so if you've never seen them, come join their send off

Fleshwater - ever wanted to hear what it'd sound like if oldschool grunge was mashed up w filthy hardcore? go see Fleshwater

unpeople. - this is the new project from a couple of the Press To MECO lads, so they're debuting it at Trees, no clue yet on what it will sound like as there is no songs released.

Ithaca - straight up released one of the best heavy records of last year, fantastic live band, has to be seen to be believed

also they don't really count as smaller bands but go see Cancer Bats and The Wonder Years, they're gonna smash it, they always smash it

21 minutes ago, justanothername said:

They missed Owen off the list of new artists but that's the full line up.

Owen, Love is Noisy and Gaffa Tape Sandy all decent additions. Aside from the headliners, really strong line up.

Hoping that The Axiom closes against the main this year so I can end with this

Soft Play / Rival Schools / American Football

They seem to have missed Tom the Mail Man off the list too, but he's new on the poster...

I'm not fussed at all for the headliners but I rarely am at Trees - last year was an exception. This is one of the strongest line-ups overall that they've had I think - for my tastes anyway. I think the crossover with Outbreak has been a good move too.

The Wonder Years, Joyce Manor, Microwave, American Football, Hundred Reasons, Ithaca, Aaron West, Origami Angel, The Xcerts, Hell Is For Heroes, Kneecap, The Scratch, Heart Attack Man, Koyo, Kublai Khan TX, Paledusk, Lakes, Zulu...

And loads more... There's genuinely about 60 bands I'd happily watch on that line up so I know there'll be some clashes but that's a good problem to have!