Primavera Sound Barcelona 2023 + Primavera Sound Madrid 2023

Fnmentaluk

1 hour ago, duckula said:

delgados playing 45 minutes is hardly even a support slot set and also playing far too early for a band i'd consider better/more important than similar big scottish bands that are festival darlings (belle and sebastian, mogwai etc.). in fact lots of acts that would be better suited to later in the day/sun set vibes (the beths) or 3am late night slots (wednesday)

Exactly my thoughts!

Regarding next year we're off to a brilliant start if they've got The Cure, Pulp and NIN.

Back to 2023 - on the last night I've narrowed the 2am nightmare down from Gilla Band, Two Shell, DG & Rosalia to Death Grips vs Rosalia. I'm torn. I'm a big fan of Death Grips but I reckon for that Rosalia set the crowd will be very up for it and it's her homecoming gig after Motomami... 

Edited by UsernameHere

17 minutes ago, Gnarler said:

So now we're exactly two weeks away from the first full festival day, how are people stomaching the timetable? What clashes kicked you in the gut at first but you're now making piece with? What are your clashes you'll decide in the moment?

I'm definitely sad with how much I'll be at the main stage on the Friday but they've just set up a big party with DM, Kendrick, Fred and then Skrillex.

Rosalia vs Death Grips is still very hard to decide and I imagine I'll try seeing the first half of DG and then run to Rosalia. We'll see how good a set they put on.

I'm really surprised that I will miss most of Ascendant Vierge - they play very late, as I expected, but I didn't expect them to clash with Blur who finish at 3:30! But what can I do? Definitely not missing Blur. Fun fact: In Madrid, they don't clash.

I made my peace with missing Self Esteem (even though she was on my original must-see list) and I'm still not decided about Perfume / New Order clash.

Clashwise, Thursday is by far the worst (as expected, since generally it's the best day).

Saturday doesn’t work because of too many gaps between shows I want to see and stupid clashes… I still don’t know what to do between: 

Cale—> the voidz—> liturgy —> polachek (50 min) 

Cale—> gap—> st vincent —-> war on drugs —-> kelela 

Cale —> st vincent —> polachek

cale—> the voidz (just to fill the gap)—> liturgy —> kelela 

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

Anyone who is not completely broken and still has the energy left by Sunday to attend this has my utmost respect.

And Japanese Breakfast, Blondshell and Jockstrap afterwards.

We managed both weekends last year (almost - one day we skipped because of Covid), so if we're healthy, I'm confident we'll make it.

Never been to PS Brunch before.

Think i just stumbled upon the Boiler Room acts in the schedule section of the website:

• NPLGNN
  • Iration Steppas
  • EUROPEAN305
  • Mellow & Sleazy
  • River Moon
  • Ok Williams
  • S-candalo
  • Avalon Emerson
  • Tra Tra Trax Sound Sistema
  • Ikram Bouloum
  • Yves Tumor (DJ Set)
  • Jon K
  • Vhoor
  • DJ Babatr
  • Crystalmess
  • CCL
  • Mura Masa (DJ Set)
  • Musa XXL x TORO
  • Jehia
  • DJSport
  • Akanbi
  • Physical Theraphy
  • LustSickPuppy
  • Drazzit
  • LA CREOLE

12 minutes ago, Gregorick said:

Think i just stumbled upon the Boiler Room acts in the schedule section of the website:

• NPLGNN
  • Iration Steppas
  • EUROPEAN305
  • Mellow & Sleazy
  • River Moon
  • Ok Williams
  • S-candalo
  • Avalon Emerson
  • Ikram Bouloum
  • Yves Tumor (DJ Set)
  • Jon K
  • Vhoor
  • DJ Babatr
  • Crystalmess
  • CCL
  • Mura Masa (DJ Set)
  • Musa XXL x TORO
  • Jehia
  • DJSport
  • Akanbi
  • Physical Theraphy
  • LustSickPuppy
  • Drazzit
  • LA CREOLE

Do you have the link section on the website?

1 hour ago, Gregorick said:

• NPLGNN
  • Iration Steppas
  • EUROPEAN305
  • Mellow & Sleazy
  • River Moon
  • Ok Williams
  • S-candalo
  • Avalon Emerson
  • Ikram Bouloum
  • Yves Tumor (DJ Set)
  • Jon K
  • Vhoor
  • DJ Babatr
  • Crystalmess
  • CCL
  • Mura Masa (DJ Set)
  • Musa XXL x TORO
  • Jehia
  • DJSport
  • Akanbi
  • Physical Theraphy
  • LustSickPuppy
  • Drazzit
  • LA CREOLE

Nice work, Edward Snowden!

31 minutes ago, Gregorick said:

hacker-python.gif

Live footage of me looking at the artists page  hacking in to the PS23 mainframe to reach the confidential secrets.

When and what time is Fred again x four tet x skrillex performing ?

lol

and names already for PS Barcelona 2024? 

😈

2 minutes ago, ibo said:

When and what time is Fred again x four tet x skrillex performing ?

Smarch 32nd at 8:62pm on the ATP Stage

4 minutes ago, ibo said:

and names already for PS Barcelona 2024? 

I can exclusively reveal that Shellac and DJ Coco will appear at next years festival

• Upvote 1

RadioPS "Weekly" show today talking about a stage showcasing Spanish acts on the seafront walkway sponsored by Aperol. Don't think has been officially announced yet. Not a big surprise - there has been a similar set-up in previous years iirc.

They also mentioned the boiler room will be circular again (wasn't it square last year??) and would be bigger though not wider, bit of a riddle😄! RadioPS will be doing some interviews on site with artists incl Confidence Man and another who has yet to be announced, which *to me* implies we will have a hidden stage type thing somewhere.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, UsernameHere said:

Are we sure Damon Albarn is 1 person? How the hell is he constantly touring and yet finds time to make and release Gorillaz and Blur albums?

And his own albums including his last one that he was touring as recently as last year.

The man is absolutely relentless.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, UsernameHere said:

Regarding next year we're off to a brilliant start if they've got The Cure, Pulp and NIN.

Back to 2023 - on the last night I've narrowed the 2am nightmare down from Gilla Band, Two Shell, DG & Rosalia to Death Grips vs Rosalia. I'm torn. I'm a big fan of Death Grips but I reckon for that Rosalia set the crowd will be very up for it and it's her homecoming gig after Motomami... 

She did like 20 dates in Spain last year to present Motomami. I'd go to Death Grips btw