Birmingham See Coaches location

m-g67

Yeah 2019 was hill street @10.45

just an fyi that if you don’t know Birmingham there’s a Tesco right there for last minute booze, and maybe an apple… don’t do what we did and walk miles with heavy bags to find a shop only to then see that one down the road from the coaches 🤦‍♂️

1 hour ago, mjfiddy said:

Yeah 2019 was hill street @10.45

just an fyi that if you don’t know Birmingham there’s a Tesco right there for last minute booze, and maybe an apple… don’t do what we did and walk miles with heavy bags to find a shop only to then see that one down the road from the coaches 🤦‍♂️

That's a useful piece of advice - is there anywhere similar near to the National Express station at Digbeth do you know?

5 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

That's a useful piece of advice - is there anywhere similar near to the National Express station at Digbeth do you know?

Unfortunately I don’t know Birmingham well at all, lack of knowledge being the main reason that led to our rather long walk and then cursing that Tesco’s 😂 but we didn’t miss the coach so at least there’s that 

5 minutes ago, mjfiddy said:

Unfortunately I don’t know Birmingham well at all, lack of knowledge being the main reason that led to our rather long walk and then cursing that Tesco’s 😂 but we didn’t miss the coach so at least there’s that 

I realised that after I posted!  And yes, even though Birmingham is my nearest city, I don't know it particularly well, and when I first got the See Tickets Coach, I think I allowed nearly an hour to find the right location (5 minute walk?).  I was the first one at the stop!  And I was pacing up and down waiting to leave the house - again allowed 45 minutes for a 15 minute drive to the station.  

I'm not really a worrier.....

23 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

I realised that after I posted!  And yes, even though Birmingham is my nearest city, I don't know it particularly well, and when I first got the See Tickets Coach, I think I allowed nearly an hour to find the right location (5 minute walk?).  I was the first one at the stop!  And I was pacing up and down waiting to leave the house - again allowed 45 minutes for a 15 minute drive to the station.  

I'm not really a worrier.....

Haha that pretty much also sums up my experience - WHATEVER WE DO WE CANT MISS THE COACH!

although Birmingham is a hop across the midlands for me we will be staying over in Birmingham the night before this time, ideally within eye shot of the departure point 🙃

Just now, mjfiddy said:

Haha that pretty much also sums up my experience - WHATEVER WE DO WE CANT MISS THE COACH!

although Birmingham is a hop across the midlands for me we will be staying over in Birmingham the night before this time, ideally within eye shot of the departure point 🙃

Sounds like my sort of plan!

I remember as well that just before I had to get the NE to Glasto, I had to pass through Birmingham for some reason.  So I took the opportunity to walk the route from New Street Station to the Bus station to make sure I was absolutely 100% sure I knew the way.  Overthinker some call it, I call it being prepared.

Fail to prepare... Prepare to fail! - especially with logistics, cannot over-prepare with such important logistics 😉

We are on the Thursday coach this year, so our first evening of festival will be in Birmingham over pizza and beers, might make me learn the City better, or alternatively get excited, have a couple too many, and have a rather hazy memory (it's likely to be the latter 🙂)

32 minutes ago, mjfiddy said:

Fail to prepare... Prepare to fail! - especially with logistics, cannot over-prepare with such important logistics 😉

We are on the Thursday coach this year, so our first evening of festival will be in Birmingham over pizza and beers, might make me learn the City better, or alternatively get excited, have a couple too many, and have a rather hazy memory (it's likely to be the latter 🙂)

The wellington is a must visit, tilt is very good, loki wine if you like wine or Digbeth if you fancy more of a scruffy student night (scruffy murphy's is good fun)

4 minutes ago, ErnestWorthing said:

The wellington is a must visit, tilt is very good, loki wine if you like wine or Digbeth if you fancy more of a scruffy student night (scruffy murphy's is good fun)

The Wellington is almost always my first stop on my infrequent visits to Birmingham. Highly recommended for anyone who appreciates good beer.

27 minutes ago, ErnestWorthing said:

20 minutes ago, alanr said:

The Wellington is almost always my first stop on my infrequent visits to Birmingham. Highly recommended for anyone who appreciates good beer.

ooo cheers for advice guys! these look good, pretty excited about the cheeky Wednesday night now 👍 - as much as the scruffy student night sounds immense, might be best to avoid that one and think of how i'd feel Sunday if I accidentally go too hard too soon

*there will 100% be pictures of me raving to some sort of 2007 indie..*

2019 we were given a pick-up point near Adult World, but it changed to the rear of the Hippodrome not too long before. This was about 5:30am on a thursday, and you had people spilling out of the nightclubs of hurst street, screaming and singing while were queuing with our camping equipment knowing that would be us in 24 hours. It was like that meme with the zombie ghosts on the rollercoaster.

• Like 1