Cala Mijas 2022

SCG95

Just now, artexmonkey said:

just read its the bus station, looks like may be a taxi back as we won't last till dawn 

Yeah it’s the bus station. I’m hoping they’re shuttle buses until the end of the fest, otherwise it’ll be a cab back for us too as won’t be making that late/early!

I’ve emailed the company to check, so will see if I get a response!

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, artexmonkey said:

just read its the bus station, looks like may be a taxi back as we won't last till dawn 

This. The bus companies are missing a trick if they don't give the option of a later bus there and an earlier bus back in addition to the ones already available

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, artexmonkey said:

only card payments at the festival, might be worth while taking a travel credit card or a prepaid card to avoid the fees for every swipe.

Just wondering where you seen that? If its  because it says cashless system on the website I think they will have a system where you can top up your wrist band online or on site and pay with the wrist band

2 hours ago, Sarahw2 said:

Just wondering where you seen that? If its  because it says cashless system on the website I think they will have a system where you can top up your wrist band online or on site and pay with the wrist band

yes cashless system,there seems to be lack of information regarding wristbands,payments online etc as there is only nearly 3 weeks till the festival

1 hour ago, artexmonkey said:

yes cashless system,there seems to be lack of information regarding wristbands,payments online etc as there is only nearly 3 weeks till the festival

Going by the last festival they ran I think all that info was around 2-3 weeks before. We should get something by the end of the week. I do hope its not card only and the wristband system

8 minutes ago, Sarahw2 said:

For BBK Live with the same organisers, you could top up online using the barcode on the wristband and enter your bank details for an automatic refund of anything left on it a few days after the festival. 

Screenshot_20220810-195927_Gallery.jpg

oh I see,thank you,I presume there will be an official app to use and good wifi in and around the site to preload your wristband with funds or set as an automatic top up when funds go low which will be very quickly as the rumoured prices 

1 hour ago, artexmonkey said:

oh I see,thank you,I presume there will be an official app to use and good wifi in and around the site to preload your wristband with funds or set as an automatic top up when funds go low which will be very quickly as the rumoured prices 

No automatic top up. You can log into your account through emails and Google and top up. I never had any issues with it the weekend I used it

First festival outside the UK, staying in fuengirola , so hopefully will get the bus in.

Thursday looks excellent, Lathums, Inhaler, Blossoms & Arctic Monkeys. No nothing about then other acts on.

Friday - Looking forward to Chemical Brothers, Kraftwerk, Hot Chip ( atthough debtable if I'll last to they come on after 2am😄)

Saturday - Liam Gallagher highlight for me, doubt the rest will appeal to me. Will still be there to check them out and nosey about. 

1 hour ago, DannyNedelko said:

First festival outside the UK, staying in fuengirola , so hopefully will get the bus in.

Thursday looks excellent, Lathums, Inhaler, Blossoms & Arctic Monkeys. No nothing about then other acts on.

Friday - Looking forward to Chemical Brothers, Kraftwerk, Hot Chip ( atthough debtable if I'll last to they come on after 2am😄)

Saturday - Liam Gallagher highlight for me, doubt the rest will appeal to me. Will still be there to check them out and nosey about. 

Don't sleep on Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds mate. He's on big form this year, his show in Belgium may even be the best headlining show I've ever seen in my life. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DannyNedelko said:

You will probably like Caribou if you like Hot Chip for the Saturday. If you end up liking Caribou then try Bonobo for thursday 🙂 

13 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Don't sleep on Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds mate. He's on big form this year, his show in Belgium may even be the best headlining show I've ever seen in my life. 

He recently did a festival in Ireland and the reviews were outstanding. Can't wait to see him now. 

Royskopp are a personal favourite of mine. Worth a listen if you haven't heard of them.

fly in Wednesday and out Sunday.

staying in fuengirola,taxi to and from festival should be looking at around 15 euros each way. early one Friday for the blossoms and monkeys ,later in sat and Sunday for the chemical brothers and liam.

most probably the same sets as leeds and reading for the monkeys, new material pending 

plenty of siestas in the afternoon ,and the weather forecast looks at bit unsettled so far 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DannyNedelko said:

Am I right in saying you can order a wristband and top it up online and then collect it when you get there.

Weather looks class, almost in the 30's.

Your better off just collecting your wristband and then topping it up. Unless you want the tote bag. 

12 minutes ago, Sarahw2 said:

Your better off just collecting your wristband and then topping it up. Unless you want the tote bag. 

think we will order and top up online as easier for refund if any and collect wristband on Thursday on way up to festival otherwise will have to make a special journey on Wednesday just to pick up wristband.not looked I presume the collection point is near to venue

9 minutes ago, artexmonkey said:

think we will order and top up online as easier for refund if any and collect wristband on Thursday on way up to festival otherwise will have to make a special journey on Wednesday just to pick up wristband.not looked I presume the collection point is near to venue

The top up you do online will only apply after you pick up your wristband. You will get an invoice for it and they will apply it when you get your wristband. I hope this makes sense. 

When you get the wristband there is a code on it that you need to enter online. They will ask for your Iban when topping up and you will receive an automatic refund.