Few boring questions

bethny

I went to Leeds 2010-2016 but obviously quite a bit has changed over last few year so just a few questions to get my knowledge up to date. I've kept up with the posts and replies since February so don't think any of this has been covered;

Mirrors - mirrors used to be banned as a subcategory under 'glass', is this still the case or can I get away without hiding one in my sleeping bag?

Red Gate Exit - do they still open the gate at the back of red on the Sunday night for if you want/need to leave early?

Refresh Retreat - my other half is a festival virgin and refused to come without paying for the nice loos but I can't seem to find them on the map? I'm assuming they're in the village?

General atmosphere - I get that the genre and demographic have changed over the years but I've noticed both on twitter and the occasional remark on here that folk seem to be a lot more openly snotty & judgemental about the music/artist/acts/bands they don't like than they used to be. Is this what it's really like at the festival these days or are people more chill/respectful when they're there?

Cheers guys! Hope you all have THE best hangover next Monday ✌

Mixed bag with mirrors, I've seen security take them off people and I've seen them let the really small flip ones through. I'd wrap it in to a secure place just to be sure. 

Preeeetty sure that's how I got out in 2019! 

Not 100% sure on this, mainly because Leeds have decided to give an absolutely horrendous resolution map and no PDF download. At first glance it looks like the village has moved from it's normal spot to left of the arena entrance? You can see all the medical stuff is around the 5-a-side pitches now.

I've never had any issues with snobs, abuse etc.. based on the music. The atmosphere is usually dictated by where you put yourself in the festival. Red/Blue camp is still the same, expect a young crowd, lots of noise until early hours etc.. Orange is a nice in between and purple backwards is calmer.

I don't think the demographic has changed THAT much in the last 5-6 years. At the end of the day, everyone is out to have a good time (minus a few dicks) and the festival is what you make it. If you want to go hard and get silly, there's a place for you. If you want to be chill and have a more laid back weekend, there's a place for you 🙂 

Have a great weekend! 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Cammers said:

Mixed bag with mirrors, I've seen security take them off people and I've seen them let the really small flip ones through. I'd wrap it in to a secure place just to be sure. 

Preeeetty sure that's how I got out in 2019! 

Not 100% sure on this, mainly because Leeds have decided to give an absolutely horrendous resolution map and no PDF download. At first glance it looks like the village has moved from it's normal spot to left of the arena entrance? You can see all the medical stuff is around the 5-a-side pitches now.

I've never had any issues with snobs, abuse etc.. based on the music. The atmosphere is usually dictated by where you put yourself in the festival. Red/Blue camp is still the same, expect a young crowd, lots of noise until early hours etc.. Orange is a nice in between and purple backwards is calmer.

I don't think the demographic has changed THAT much in the last 5-6 years. At the end of the day, everyone is out to have a good time (minus a few dicks) and the festival is what you make it. If you want to go hard and get silly, there's a place for you. If you want to be chill and have a more laid back weekend, there's a place for you 🙂 

Have a great weekend! 

Brill, cheers mate! Was actually going to ask if the younger end headed for orange nowadays but you've cleared that up for me too, fingers crossed for a good spot in orange nice and early Wednesday ✌

There's always a smattering of "young un's" in Orange, especially close to the hill and along that main path but no where near like Red/Blue. 

This is my last Leeds before I'm 30 and potentially my last full stop so I'm retreating to Purple 😆

If you're arriving Wednesday, you'll EASILY find a nice spot in Orange. 

A few years ago at Leeds, once we'd got in and tents pitched etc, my daughter produced a full bedroom mirror* out of her backpack and proceeded to do her make up.  I didn't know of this smuggling operation beforehand, maybe just as well! 

*like one you'd get on a dresser I mean, not a full length one! 

Edited by WFD
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Cammers said:

There's always a smattering of "young un's" in Orange, especially close to the hill and along that main path but no where near like Red/Blue. 

This is my last Leeds before I'm 30 and potentially my last full stop so I'm retreating to Purple 😆

I turned the dreaded 30 in March but I'm going with my other half and best mate who are both 8 year younger than me so hoping I can act just as youthful as previous years 😂

2 hours ago, WFD said:

A few years ago at Leeds, once we'd got in and tents pitched etc, my daughter produced a full bedroom mirror* out of her backpack and proceeded to do her make up.  I didn't know of this smuggling operation beforehand, maybe just as well! 

*like one you'd get on a dresser I mean, not a full length one! 

Your daughter sounds like someone I'd be mates with 😂

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Cammers said:

for you too,@bethny - i'm Reading man myself but i would say this year given Leeds has sold out it and doesn't usually it might be worth retreating back a campsite just because there will be so many more younger people trying to get in the front few camps.

4 hours ago, gfa said:

for you too,@bethny - i'm Reading man myself but i would say this year given Leeds has sold out it and doesn't usually it might be worth retreating back a campsite just because there will be so many more younger people trying to get in the front few camps.

@bethny Before 2019 we always camped in Green at Leeds, since about 2018 the demographic there has gotten younger but nothing like blue/red etc. The walk isn’t awful if you can get in Green A by the row of trees

11 hours ago, gfa said:

6 hours ago, andyrhodes24 said:

@bethny Before 2019 we always camped in Green at Leeds, since about 2018 the demographic there has gotten younger but nothing like blue/red etc. The walk isn’t awful if you can get in Green A by the row of trees

Both interesting points, I camped in blue up until turning 25 so Orange was already a step back for me, I know it's a mixed bag regardless of where you pitch up but now you've both got me wondering whether I'm tough enough for 5 nights in Orange 😂