news & politics:discussion

zahidf

Just now, steviewevie said:

and better pay and conditions?

can't see labour voters tginking better pay and conditions for others is a good result from voting labour. the expectation from rail nationalisation are much bigger.

16 hours ago, OverlyComplicated said:

No not silly either economically naive or politically cynical depending on what you actually believe to be the case.

My line on the doorstep would be this is a Tory crisis and if the person seems savvy enough to see the bigger picture then acknowledge the wider scale effects but zone in on, why aren't we prepared enough to deal with such crisis? 12 years of Tory mismanagement that's why.

Well yes, economically naive is a much more accurate description for some of the posts recently here, I guess I just thought that sounded harsher than silly 😂

And if people want to talk specifically about the flaws of the Tories, I'm all for that. But some of the ludicrous statements being made I'm not really all for, and that is what I was trying to point out. Your comment there isn't as bad as to be ridiculous, but its skirting the line. I highly doubt that we'd be in a massively more prepared situation to deal with a global financial crisis if the Tories hadn't been in power for the last 12 years - that's not a defense of them, it's pointing out what I feel should be obvious about the current state of the world. Obviously neither of us could prove either way, but I do think it's economically naive (thank you) to have such strong conviction that the Tories are the overwhelming factor in the current crisis.

It's like, have you ever been in a debate with someone, and someone else tries to argue for your side, but they just end up making you feel like your argument is less valid so you'd rather they didn't bother at all? That's how reading this thread makes me feel a lot of the time 😂

15 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Apparently Sunak going to bin privatisation of Channel 4.

hes also going to make my birthday  next year a bank holiday . i like the guy. 😛