news & politics:discussion

zahidf

24 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Labour are the party of opposition there is little they can do now, whatever they do will upset someone. The conservatives will love it if labour tie themselves up over this, so they need to make sure they don’t.

So all for a long lasting ceasefire, but that won’t be achieved by statements on social media. What would like follow a ceasefire is a Hamas attack (it’s what terrorists do) , arguments over a proportionate response and we just go round in circles.

Too late for all that, they've upset people. They need to be very clear what they are for. They will likely be in government soon and will have to deal with tricky global issues like this, and it very easy to f**k up (like Blair with Iraq), or the opposite (Johnson with Ukraine). This issue is a whole load more trickier granted, but they should have seen a heavy handed Israeli response coming and what that would mean for many on the left.

Next up will be Modi and his Hindu nationalism in upcoming India elections.

Edited by steviewevie

Starmer really f**ked up in that lbc interview...shows how much words matter on super delicate issues like this. Some people will have taken from it what they want depending on preconceived ideas, for those who don't like/trust Starmer and the general direction of Labour will shout that it shows he supports Israel cutting off water/food/fuel into Gaza; to others like me who are worried about Starmer/Labour f**king up and blowing a great opportunity to kick the tories out will point out that he did say Israel response had to be within international law. But to some, especially muslims, they will feel that a line has been crossed, and damage may be permanent, that clip will get shown over and over.

So, it is a f**k up, he did word it badly, he should have said that he supports Israel's right to defend itself but it must be within international law so he does not support cutting off supplies which is what he has said since...but now he has to work hard to reassure people within Labour. I wouldn't be surprised if he called for a ceasefire soon, but to many it will be too late, and at same time Jewish community may feel that people are forgetting too soon what Hamas did in those attacks, and the fact that over 200 hostages are still being held by Hamas. 

House prices.....

There's an article on the beeb today about house prices are set to fall until 2025, which isn't the good news it first looks. Speculative buyers will leave the market bringing prices down further. People will put off selling. Because they'll feel they need to reach the best price to work their next plans that scarity of properties will hold prices up.

Anyone who is a cash buyer should be in a strong position for buying - anyone selling won't have many potential buyers.

6 hours ago, Neil said:

House prices.....

There's an article on the beeb today about house prices are set to fall until 2025, which isn't the good news it first looks. Speculative buyers will leave the market bringing prices down further. People will put off selling. Because they'll feel they need to reach the best price to work their next plans that scarity of properties will hold prices up.

Anyone who is a cash buyer should be in a strong position for buying - anyone selling won't have many potential buyers.

Ah the classic, falling house prices is bad stuff. Total nonsense of course.

And let me guess - rising house prices are good ??

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Ah the classic, falling house prices is bad stuff. Total nonsense of course.

And let me guess - rising house prices are good ??

hello again mny stalker? still getting a kick out of hassling the disabled guy i see,

and a bit of thoughtful comment was too much for you, I've simply said how thing will play out, not better for ftb's or mortgage buyers.

• Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

It's not stalking to reply to your public comment.  Your disability has nothing to do with any of this. 

yeah it does, the bully needs a weak victim. its what he does

12 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

It's not stalking to reply to your public comment.  Your disability has nothing to do with any of this. 

if he was making a genuine reply, he should have the intelligence and ability to say what i got wrong. you too, why is it too difficult for you.

4 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Dear lord...  pathetic.  

Just add him to ignore if you can't handle your comments being replied too.

should pout you on ignore too, as you don't have anything useful to contribute, same as my stalker.

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

It seems to be the default reaction from the lefties on here to ignore anything that goes against their narrative

ypou and frey gave nothing that goes against the narrative i gave, cos you both have sawdust for brains.

42 minutes ago, Neil said:

hello again mny stalker? still getting a kick out of hassling the disabled guy i see,

and a bit of thoughtful comment was too much for you, I've simply said how thing will play out, not better for ftb's or mortgage buyers.

I’m going to ignore the first paragraph this time but I seriously think you need to stop crying wolf. 

ok fine I’ll respond directly to some of your claims: 

7 hours ago, Neil said:

People will put off selling

Number of Properties for sale is increasing despite falling prices. I can show you a graph which shows this if you like?

52 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Because they'll feel they need to reach the best price to work their next plans that scarity of properties will hold prices up.

Guess what. If a couple’s two bed house has decreased in value and they want to move to a three bed. That three bed will also have decreased. 

Again you talk about scarcity of properties when supply is actually increasing. 

7 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

I’m going to ignore the first paragraph this time but I seriously think you need to stop crying wolf. 

ok fine I’ll respond directly to some of your claims: 

Number of Properties for sale is increasing despite falling prices. I can show you a graph which shows this if you like?

i know of several people who've decided not to put their house up for sale at the moment so show me every graph you like i know real people are doing what  I said.

7 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Guess what. If a couple’s two bed house has decreased in value and they want to move to a three bed. That three bed will also have decreased. 

Again you talk about scarcity of properties when supply is actually increasing. 

Edited by Neil