news & politics:discussion

zahidf

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

The Tories trashed the economy, the BoE put up interests from near zero to over 5% so they can’t justify spending that money now every year. Just another reason why raising interest rates has been a terrible move. 

a crashed pound would have also been a terrible move. how did shi lanka do when they trashed their currency?

48 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Green Party will be pleased with this uturn.

mattiloy, what a soothsayer, he knew this would happen to pump the green vote.

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

Well yes of course crashing the £ isn’t good but that’s what Truss did

its what labour are avoiding doing.

14 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

In a way I don't think they do. Well, they do count towards emissions obviously, but if someone used to do a bad thing, then stopped doing the bad thing, then surely that's a positive? Otherwise no-one would stop doing anything bad. And nothing would change. If you see what I mean. I'm sure we all have stuff we used to do that we've since changed our minds on. Doesn't mean you can't point out that these things might be bad.

TBH I think you're all (Neil included) so determined to argue that you're making points you don't even agree with and tying yourselves in knots.

And for the record, I fly, once or twice a year, nearly always within Europe.

Flying off on holiday isn’t a bad thing in my book. We all have choices to make to lessen our impact on the planet - if I want to fly instead of having kids and eating meat that’s my choice. Where do you draw the line?

All travel is bad. Should I not visit my family anymore because however I travel that 300 mile round trip I’ll be creating emissions. 

Should we all stop going to festivals or travelling for any reason? 

9 minutes ago, Neil said:

have i told you that yoyu can't, or is it that you've worked out you shouldn't?

me living it up on a billionaire's plaything will create no extra emissions.you encouraging planes to fly will create exta.

I’ll bet you 100 quid to any charity of your choice that you don’t end up spending any of this summer on a mega yacht.

You have a history of making stuff up on here. 

will you take the bet ?

Just now, fraybentos1 said:

I’ll bet you 100 quid to any charity of your choice that you don’t end up spending any of this summer on a mega yacht.

You have a history of making stuff up on here. 

will you take the bet ?

i posted yesterday that its unlikely i'll get to be on it during the summer, (cos the owners will want it), it'll probably be october before i can go.

1 minute ago, Neil said:

so you're just trolling then!

when you stop thinking.

ok, so you've spent all day trolling me for saying i'm going to visit my brother, cos that's what a two faced arsehole you are.

You missed out the mega yacht part!

1 minute ago, stuie said:

Flying off on holiday isn’t a bad thing in my book. We all have choices to make to lessen our impact on the planet - if I want to fly instead of having kids and eating meat that’s my choice. Where do you draw the line?

All travel is bad. Should I not visit my family anymore because however I travel that 300 mile round trip I’ll be creating emissions. 

Should we all stop going to festivals or travelling for any reason? 

The way guilt has been loaded onto the "man and woman the street" is outrageous. Their behaviour is a mere "drop in the ocean" when compared to the behavior of governments, big business, corporations, the super rich etc

We're constantly bombarded with adverts encouraging us to buy completely unnecessary shite under the illusion that it will make us happier. Reality TV serves to make us feel inadequate for not having what the elite few have and adds to our wasteful consumerism.

3 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

The way guilt has been loaded onto the "man and woman the street" is outrageous. Their behaviour is a mere "drop in the ocean" when compared to the behavior of governments, big business, corporations, the super rich etc

We're constantly bombarded with adverts encouraging us to buy completely unnecessary shite under the illusion that it will make us happier. Reality TV serves to make us feel inadequate for not having what the elite few have and adds to our wasteful consumerism.

You said earlier ‘lifestyle attitude’ and ‘consumerism’ is a problem. 

Of course it is, but can't you see that the fault lies with the big companies, advertising agency's etc

Sadly most can't see how we're being manipulated to make the few rich.

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

you're making a mistake if you're expecting consistency or integrity from skippy.

I'm not doubting the boat, I'm doubting you being on it. £100 bet to charity are you taking it or not?

no, cos you're not honest enough for me to trust to pay up when you lose.

1 minute ago, Skip997 said:

Of course it is, but can't you see that the fault lies with the big companies, advertising agency's etc

I agree the fault is with big firms and governments and generally speaking someone getting a few flights isn’t going to be the problem. But if you say ‘lifestyle attitude’ is a problem then you are kinda placing it on normal people too. 

2 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

you can't see how some are being manipulated to have gainful employment(not sure you'd recognise it?)

2 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

I'm not doubting the boat, I'm doubting you being on it. £100 bet to charity are you taking it or not?

It's very easy to grab an image of a boat from google

4 minutes ago, Neil said:

so you're just trolling then!

when you stop thinking.

ok, so you've spent all day trolling me for saying i'm going to visit my brother, cos that's what a two faced arsehole you are.

I’ve never said any different - I don’t plan to stop flying short haul once or twice a year unless it becomes illegal. I’ll make my own choices. 

I think you’ll find it’s you that’s the two faced arsehole acting all holy with your trail of past flying emissions behind you - why not go and tell your son not to fly or your bruv to get another job that’s not catastrophic to the environment. 

I agree the fault is with big firms and governments and generally speaking someone getting a few flights isn’t going to be the problem. But if you say ‘lifestyle attitude’ is a problem then you are kinda placing it on normal people too. 

Fair comment

The best way to stop these big firms is to stop buying their sh*t, which is partly where ‘lifestyle attitude’ come in.

haha! think that speaks volumes. Another made up story from Neil, who would have thought!!

thit speaks volumes about you that somone over the internet knows you well enough to know you're untrustworthy? you've got a history of trusting me for stuff. i've got a history of having spotted you as a fake.