news & politics:discussion

zahidf

Just now, Neil said:

fuck you nationalists, too, very similar.

It’s just that the Torys don’t get a lot of votes in the North. Very few Tory MPs sent down from Scotland but makes no difference in the grand scheme of Westminster as we know.

It’s late so don’t quote me on it but I think that if every punter living and eligible to vote in Scotland at the last election had voted Labour then you guessed it……they would have won a Tory Government. Same as it ever was.

Tories don't get votes in bristol either, and we don't vote 'fuck you nationalist' instead. Those nationalists want to cut your public spending by more than the tories, and also want to add to the damage of brexit by erecting borders with your biggest trading partner. Its not smart to choose to be as stupid as a tory. 

41 minutes ago, Neil said:

Tories don't get votes in bristol either, and we don't vote 'fuck you nationalist' instead. Those nationalists want to cut your public spending by more than the tories, and also want to add to the damage of brexit by erecting borders with your biggest trading partner. It’s not smart to choose to be as stupid as a tory. 

If Scotland was independent politically from rUK and every punter eligible to vote voted Labour, then Indy Scotland would have a Labour government. It’s not rocket science but we are where we are 👍

ok...so we have a bunch of far right anti immigrant demonstrators waving their english flags and shouting their racist junk...and suddenly it turns into having a go at Scotland nationalists (who aren't nasty ant immigrant far right w*nkstains, they just want out of the UK). If you don't see the difference then sorry, you're dumb.

Plus...flags at Glastonbury...

29 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

It will be no more or less anti immigration than Brexit was...  Countries don't vote for indpedence because they want to keep sharing stuff.  

They don't do it in scotlsnd cos they want their electricity restored soonist after a storm. 

51 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

yeah, sure...I just don't believe he wouldn't talk to them if needed to to form a government...devo max.

I’ve said this before but if it’s a hung Parliament then Labour will essentially dare the SNP to vote down a Labour Kings Speech. They won’t go into any coalition with the SNP and Starmer has to say that now. 

8 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

It’s just that the Torys don’t get a lot of votes in the North. Very few Tory MPs sent down from Scotland but makes no difference in the grand scheme of Westminster as we know.

It’s late so don’t quote me on it but I think that if every punter living and eligible to vote in Scotland at the last election had voted Labour then you guessed it……they would have won a Tory Government. Same as it ever was.

In fairness there was a referendum to change that and Scotland voted to keep things the same. Hopefully Im the next election Labour being in a more competitive position will help them get back a few MPs.

9 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

Not Tory ones which was kinda the point but as you were 👍

if scotland really wants shot of the tories, at the next election it needs to vote labour. if it doesn't vote labour its moaning about the tories is empty guff.

1 minute ago, pink_triangle said:

I don’t think so. One of the key arguments the SNP make is about Scotland not having a say about a Tory government. If the SNP enabled one I think they would be the losers.

Yes, sure...but at same time having a Tory govt helps the SNP cause, and can't believe that labour would take that risk without at least offering SNP something. I know why labour would never admit that now though.

18 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Yes, sure...but at same time having a Tory govt helps the SNP cause, and can't believe that labour would take that risk without at least offering SNP something. I know why labour would never admit that now though.

Of course they would offer them something, they don’t want the Tory’s printing that on an election leaflet.