news & politics:discussion

zahidf

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

personally not bothered if they protest on armistice day or remembrance day or christmas day, but its not good PR if they do...will not increase support for the Palastinian cause here in UK, and will just increase divisions etc. 

Attacking families whilst they fast food won’t help their cause either. 

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

Why do you keep calling Glasgow a sh*t city ?   Its a fantastic place...  I presume you have never been ? 

Yeah it’s great.

The other week he was claiming I lived in a town near Glasgow which I don’t lol. Think he was tracking my IP but can’t even do that right. 

5 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

You’d only know that if you sold it 

Maybe it has, I’ve no idea. I find it hard to believe house prices won’t continue to drop due to mortgage rates and an increasingly bad economic outlook for the country. 

We will be buying next year either way. 

House prices will be sustained by low availability because now is a bad time to sell. Low availability will create lots of competition for the houses that are available.

So you'll be buying with a sh*t deal either way.

4 minutes ago, Neil said:

A

As I said its not a good time to sell so people won't sell and it'll help to limit how much prices fall.

if you can't afford to buy now in sh*t city then they will never fall by enough to make you happy.

Very rude as per. No idea why you have such a bee in your bonnet today. At least now you’ve finally admitted I live in Glasgow, not what you were claiming last week lol.

I can afford to buy , there’s 2 of us so isn’t too bad, just I’m still young and was out the country this year so wasn’t the right time 

5 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Why do you keep calling Glasgow a sh*t city ?   Its a fantastic place...  I presume you have never been ? 

There's other sh*t places round there.

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

Very rude as per. No idea why you have such a bee in your bonnet today. At least now you’ve finally admitted I live in Glasgow, not what you were claiming last week lol.

I can afford to buy , there’s 2 of us so isn’t too bad, just I’m still young and was out the country this year so wasn’t the right time 

If you can afford to buy why haven't you.is it cos you like to give landlords free money.

3 minutes ago, Neil said:

House prices will be sustained by low availability because now is a bad time to sell. Low availability will create lots of competition for the houses that are available.

So you'll be buying with a sh*t deal either way.

I have a feeling his issue isn’t about him buying a place, he doesn’t seem to like others being able to afford a house. There isn’t any other explanation for his comments. 

4 minutes ago, Neil said:

I just telling it like it is. Which is too much for his tiny mind.

What’s the issue lol, you posted Halifax data saying prices had risen for a month and I pointed out they fell for 6 before that. Both things are true. Now you’re crying again and talking about where I live again as if it’s of any consequence to you. The day you stop being a mod will be a great day for the forum. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Ozanne thinks the guy saying he wants house prices to come down also doesn’t want people to be able to buy a house 😂😂 another galaxy brained take from the world’s dumbest man- baby 

There's definitely a bit of nastiness in there I think - he's made some sly comments about renters before. 

52 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I first bought a house when I was 26.  I had to get through University, get my first proper job, settle into it and didn't need a deposit thanks to 100%+ mortgages.   I would imagine the average now is people well into their 30s given the deposit demands ? 

You are doing well if you can buy in your 20s.

47 minutes ago, cellar said:

I'm into my 30s and probably will buy my first place late next year or sometime in 2025. 

Probably a few things that have contributed to not being in a position to buy sooner, but it is what it is. 

30s is pretty standard these days I think. I’m late 20s and fortunately prices are still ok round my way. The south east and London obviously a different kettle of fish. 

We spent about 20k travelling at the start of the year which obviously was a fair chunk of change but we are still in a decent position. 

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

I would imagine most people need / want to get married first or at least have a very stable partner (double income) and that tends to come a lot later in life as well compared to the past.

I’m not married but the double income is borderline essential for most people unless they earn a fair bit over average.

If I was on my own I’d be renting with a friend or have to buy somewhere further out which isn’t where I want to be. Just a mathematical fact I guess.  

Just now, Barry Fish said:

You may never be totally settled though and you are missing out on the equity year on year.  

Yeah but you’d spend a few grand min furnishing it then pay stamp duty and fees on the new place which would eat into any equity quickly if you’d only been there a couple years.

5 years min is the general rule of thumb 

16 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I don't think I have ever seen a homeless person in a tent in the UK.  Most seem to have sleeping bags and such like but I haven't seen tents.  Its desperately sad.  You see it more abroad in tents.  Its rife in the USA. 

She seems to have invented the whole thing out of thin air from a UK perspective while trying to be as nasty as possible.

Apparently she's laying the groundwork ready for when they evict asylum seekers from their luxury hotel accommodation. 

Trying to get people all angry in advance!