Ticket Options

Harry49

Whilst weighing up the Wednesday or Thursday coach dilemma..(of course I want to go on Wednesday but Thursday may give me a better chance!) it occurred to me that charging same price for all tickets when customers are not getting the same experience was maybe unfair.

should tickets be priced according to number of days you attend. Would a “settlers” ticKet work like at Green Man? Would encouraging more staggered arrival help logistics etc would it offer a more affordable option as although good value it is now getting pricey?

Or has ticket paranoia pushed me over the edge!?

Part of the reason I don't try for coach tickets is missing out on the Wednesday, and possibly much of Thursday too, so it doesn't interest me, even if the price was cheaper.

I think it would be a nightmare to administer and control, would have to be a range of tickets, not only for coach tickets but you'd have to apply to all, and those who do attend the entire event would face their ticket prices significantly increased to compensate for the others. So, not an unreasonable thought but no!

I don't think it'd matter. A lot of people view the festival as all about the music which doesn't "start" until Friday so it wouldn't make sense to them to pay more to arrive early...

I also doubt it would influence many people to miss a day to save a bit and would basically just be seen as a cash grab.

Just my 2 cents :dontknow:

4 hours ago, Harry49 said:

Would a “settlers” ticKet work like at Green Man?

Absolutely not, not in any respect.

The whole point of the settlers ticket is to encourage people to use the festival camp site as a base to explore the local area - at Glastonbury that would just mean generating more traffic on the days leading up to the festival as people come and go - and those days are already busy. Remember that there's more people working the festival arriving on the Tuesday than attend Green Man in total. Sunday and Monday won't be far off either, and that's not even counting the Campervan types who also arrive Tuesday.

Having those people on site early wouldn't be a great idea either - as the festival is officially a building site until it gets signed off on Tuesday night / Wednesday morning, any members of the public would have to be restricted to a designated "safe" area - which could be done but would realistically have to be in one of the outer fields near a gate, away from anywhere those people wanted to be.

2 hours ago, incident said:

Absolutely not, not in any respect.

The whole point of the settlers ticket is to encourage people to use the festival camp site as a base to explore the local area - at Glastonbury that would just mean generating more traffic on the days leading up to the festival as people come and go - and those days are already busy. Remember that there's more people working the festival arriving on the Tuesday than attend Green Man in total. Sunday and Monday won't be far off either, and that's not even counting the Campervan types who also arrive Tuesday.

Having those people on site early wouldn't be a great idea either - as the festival is officially a building site until it gets signed off on Tuesday night / Wednesday morning, any members of the public would have to be restricted to a designated "safe" area - which could be done but would realistically have to be in one of the outer fields near a gate, away from anywhere those people wanted to be.

So Mon - Mon would not be possible for the many reasons you have listed,? but how about

Wed - Mon ticket highest price

Thurs - Mon ticket med price

Fri - Mon wknd ticket lower price.

Huge demand obviously allows them not to have to consider different pricing models but Paying the same for less just seems not very Glastonbury. 

• Upvote 1

I’m not going for a coach ticket this year (until resale maybe) we didn’t arrive on site until Thursday evening. 

I didnt feel we had missed out on too much other than exploring/ meeting people. Luckily our friend had taken our tent for us otherwise it would have been impossible to get a half decent spot. 

I’m more of the opinion they need to do something radical to encourage coach use. Maybe let coach travellers in weds morning and not open the rest of the gates until midday? Or even further and only allow Wednesday arrival for coach travel? 

Emmisions of travel is a pretty huge contributing factor to the environmental impact of the festival and it would be easy to address in this way. 

Boomtown does 3+ car share or public transport only for Wednesday arrival for example. 

*quick disclaimer that I’m aware not everyone lives by a coach station before the high horse brigade arrive, but the majority of the population live a lot closer to a major city than to Glastonbury.