Emily in Cheltenham

ian the worm

1 hour ago, Padgey said:

Also found this thread very interesting, especially the parts about headliner bookings.  I'm hoping to book goes into more detail of who they had booked and pulled out, acts they had to call upon at the last minute and the ones that got away. 

As much as I'd like that myself, I can't see them wanting to piss off potential acts or people with powerful management companies. If you are act Y and see Glastonbury have a pop at act Z, you might not look at that in a favourable light.

3 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Even being on the sad end of not getting tickets this year I still say the current system is better than a ballot. Interesting that she said after 15-20 minutes there is less demand it goes to show that my thing about making See Tickets less efficient rather than more efficient is the answer. I wish they wouldn't bother scaling and let it take 4-5 hours of pressing F5 for it to sell out. 

Could these stats not just indicate, for example, 50,000 tickets sold (figures plucked from thin air) assuming most bookings are for groups 2-6 then potentially 100,000 - 300,000 less people pressing refresh?

1 hour ago, Joeyjarmangtf said:

Could these stats not just indicate, for example, 50,000 tickets sold (figures plucked from thin air) assuming most bookings are for groups 2-6 then potentially 100,000 - 300,000 less people pressing refresh?

I think that's pretty much it yes....less demand but same amount of sessions equals more chance of getting one when it becomes available.

In the nightclub analogy its getting late and the queue dies down as some folks give up and go for a burger and a whinge....but you stick it out and with less of a queue the bloke with the velvet rope is more likely to let you in when there's a space at the bar.

Edited by parsonjack

Speaking of Emily at Cheltenham, I saw an eBay item a couple of days ago for a 50 book that had been signed by her with the words "Admit One" above her signature... I can't find it now so I assume someone has taken it, sent this photo to my brother and we had a little giggle, imagining if it were true. We both have tickets already so no use to us but what does everyone think she is up to?

Glastonbury50 book.jpg

2 minutes ago, Slats14 said:

Speaking of Emily at Cheltenham, I saw an eBay item a couple of days ago for a 50 book that had been signed by her with the words "Admit One" above her signature... I can't find it now so I assume someone has taken it, sent this photo to my brother and we had a little giggle, imagining if it were true. We both have tickets already so no use to us but what does everyone think she is up to?

Glastonbury50 book.jpg

possibly a great way of getting a shed load of money with a fake signature ? welcome by the way :) 

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

oh :) strange ... not even as an auction ? festival might have asked for its removal ?

Literally no idea, I dont even know what her signature looks like, not until my book arrives around the 31st! Just curious to what people thought may be going on. After a couple of days mulling it over I just couldn't come up with an explanation thats not;

1- Its Fake 

2- Its real and someone got lucky?

4 hours ago, Joeyjarmangtf said:

Possibly but most die hards have multiple groups they would be helping until the death so last year we got ours about halfway through but every one in my group was trying to help others they knew. This year my friend got her tickets but kept trying for us. I maintain it would be easier for the e-festival faithful to get tickets if it took just 4 hours to sell out rather than 35 minutes. Every minute that goes by some people will drop out. 

6 minutes ago, Slats14 said:

Literally no idea, I dont even know what her signature looks like, not until my book arrives around the 31st! Just curious to what people thought may be going on. After a couple of days mulling it over I just couldn't come up with an explanation thats not;

1- Its Fake 

2- Its real and someone got lucky?

comparible ... bearing in mind mine was on a t-shirt being worn 

IMG_2364.jpeg

35 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Possibly but most die hards have multiple groups they would be helping until the death so last year we got ours about halfway through but every one in my group was trying to help others they knew. This year my friend got her tickets but kept trying for us. I maintain it would be easier for the e-festival faithful to get tickets if it took just 4 hours to sell out rather than 35 minutes. Every minute that goes by some people will drop out. 

Yeah I did see that suggestion point a while back and I was a fan. Reduce the number of transactions per that can be processed over a certain time and in theory the folks who persevere for the duration have a better chance?

20 hours ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

I don't think I (or whoever got through for our group) have gotten through in the first 15 mins in donkey's years so the drop off makes sense. Though now she's pointed it out, it's less likely to happen next time.

I don’t think the people who give up are likely to know she’s said anything...