Sziget 2020

jj200

3 minutes ago, thetime said:

Mine as well, that doesn't mean I'm in favour of choosing acts just because they are female.

Either that, or you're sexist. 

25 minutes ago, king_oxymoron said:

but I would still think if they announced a big female artist I didn't like, that they'd done a good thing. I'm sorry if you don't agree with that.

Great bands or artists are important to me. Diversity is important to me. It's not one or the other. It's both 🤷🏻‍♂️

Don't be sorry when we disagree. 

I'm baffled, why would announcing an act you don't like be a good thing because it lacks a penis or two?

4 minutes ago, clasher said:

Or you're sexist. 

🤨 Dishing out abuse, certainly when you are not well informed about me isn't great.

Have I said 'I dont want women on any festival bill I attend'?

Been on this forum a very long time, no one has accused me of being sexist before. 

Edited by thetime

7 minutes ago, thetime said:

🤨 Dishing out abuse, certainly when you are not well informed about me isn't great.

Have I said 'I dont want women on any festival bill I attend'?

Been on this forum a very long time, no one has accused me of being sexist before. 

I wasn't dishing out abuse, or at least that certainly wasn't my intention.

I very much agree with you here. The point I wanted to make was that if one was in favour of choosing acts just because they are female (unlike you), that would make him sexist. Should've put it better. 

8 minutes ago, clasher said:

I wasn't dishing out abuse, or at least that certainly wasn't my intention.

I very much agree with you here. The point I wanted to make was that if one was in favour of choosing acts just because they are female (unlike you), that would make him sexist. Should've put it better. 

Ok mate, sorry for misunderstanding. :)

13 minutes ago, Stripes11 said:

Isn’t this the way it should be? Shouldn’t the fans of the festival get the best price while those whose attendance is dependent on the acts pay more?

For the whole week sure, I understand that. However I don’t see what is the point of a 3 day ticket if you have no clue who will play those days...

Might as well release single day tickets now then. 

O well I thought they would have announced a few more acts before they put the prices up. It a normal marketing ploy to put new acts on and announce a price increase a week or so after it. 

Most people from outside will have a rough idea what dates they are going but may not want to spend every night there. A few friends are looking at flying into Vienna, buda or Bratislava and coming to meet me so they are more interested in days that KOL and foals are playing. 

Females I hope are still coming are Robyn, London grammar, wolf Alice and possibly Miley Cyrus 😉

Edited by Davidoff

1 hour ago, SFTAR said:

They also told an Eminem fan Account last week that it will be a few weeks before the next announcement. 

So I just got a reply from them too, after I said it’s not realistic to jack up prices before we know the day splits, and now they messaged me back. 

they  just said “the info is coming soon :)”

1 minute ago, Akujin sama said:

So I just got a reply from them too, after I said it’s not realistic to jack up prices before we know the day splits, and now they messaged me back. 

Same they literally just text me saying the announcement is coming soon

7 minutes ago, Akujin sama said:

Good to know. Hopefully the right one. 

2 hours ago, Isaacw77 said:

Same they literally just text me saying the announcement is coming soon

They said on their website  since October that the line up is “coming soon” and we got the names in February so i am not sure that we are going to get the announcement this week😬

I suspect they are in the hands of Eminem's management who are probably in the process of booking dozens of arenas and stadiums across the globe so he can tour through summer and beyond.

Add in all of the infrastructure arrangements to transport staging, and the workforce behind the tour, I doubt that it's a quick job. And, inevitably, will be one prone to delays.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

I suspect they are in the hands of Eminem's management who are probably in the process of booking dozens of arenas and stadiums across the globe so he can tour through summer and beyond.

Add in all of the infrastructure arrangements to transport staging, and the workforce behind the tour, I doubt that it's a quick job. And, inevitably, will be one prone to delays.

If you think Eminem would do dozens of arenas and stadiums across the globe, you know nothing about he is touring nowadays.

• Upvote 1