Best place to get a curry!

Cooter

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Opinions may vary, but AFAIC Edinburgh only has two genuinely top notch purveyors of Indian food.

Food from both of them is now resting in my freezer awaiting Suicide Tuesday and Self Pity Wednesday.

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Mother India for curry and Kebabish on Dalry Road for North Indian / Pakistani bbq. 

I'm prepared to argue the merits of other good options like Tanjore, Kalpna, Dishoom and new kid on the block Rustom.

2 hours ago, Stanton said:

Cheers.  Never tried Kebabish (will do now) and Mother India is also my number 1. 

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It's a bit tatty, but it's BYOB and generally popular with local Pakistani heritage families and community groups. The Anglo-Indian curry options are probably pants but they do ace BBQ and somewhat less common NW frontier dishes like nihari and haleem.

This is all getting a bit parochial guys, perhaps you should consider starting your own Scottish curry forum with specific regional sub-forums.