Toddlers

Chrisp1986

We will have a 19 month old with us if we get tickets in the resale plus my wife will be 5 months pregnant. Last festival was a more relaxed one since my wife was about 5 months pregnant and we really enjoyed it. We will take turns to watch certain bands or go closer to the stage for certain bands. Have a bike trailer which has a big wheel to put on the front to make it like a giant pram and also a backpack with a seat in it, will use them both at different times depending on where we’re going and the weather. Our child loves to people watch and what better place than Glastonbury. I’m sure she will love the kids field but also dancing at a stage watching everyone.

i wouldn’t expect everyone to part out of the way though if I’m pushing the pram, we will just go with the flow. My biggest concern is walking around at night when it’s busy, day leaving a stage. You can put all the lights on the pram you want but it’s very hard to see something that’s below your eye level in the dark and the crowds are up. Might keepthe sling in the bottom of the pram so if it’s to busy I can have her on me and push the pram so if anyone goes into the pram she’s not in it.

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Mrs Jass' parents are taking Baby Jass. They live near Brighton and we have Thursday coach tickets from there (almost like it was planned that way). We're just trying to decide whether we both get the coach on Thursday or whether I go alone and MJ follows on Friday.

If the coach times back are generous we could be home before she wakes up on Monday morning, although trying to negotiate an over-excitable 18 month old whilst dealing with a Glastonbury comedown could prove challenging.

Last year my coach for Brighton left around 4.30, was back by 8.30. A sneaky bit of local knowledge from the driver enabled him to bypass the rush hour traffic from Shoreham/West Hove and got us back nice and early. I was in bed at home by  9. I hope you have similar fortune if you want to get back earlier.

11 hours ago, Rubber Soldier said:

Please don’t do this. I can’t think of anything more obnoxious than someone ringing a bell to get people to move out the way because little Tarquin is throwing a temper tantrum or needs a big shite. 

You seem to have wildly misinterpreted my intention. Perhaps I should have been more clear. At no point did I say it was to get people out of the way. It's actually (like the banksperson and lights) an attempt to get people to see the trolley when stuck in a random sticky situation. People quite naturally don't expect to see a big garden trolley in the gap they think they is there as they blunder through, phone at ear with an arm in the air trying to get their crew together in a rush to see the next band. Tarquin has a potty, he can shit anywhere.

• Upvote 1