Jump to content
hiddengem

Attending with a CPAP machine

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone, 

I've been to Glastonbury a number of times and I'm attending with my fiance for the first time this year. In all the excitement of managing to get tickets and West Campervan tickets, we totally forgot to consider that he has a CPAP machine that needs to be plugged into mains at night. I've emailed the accessibility team and they said with a doctors note etc, they can move us to East Campervan fields instead... but they didn't really say why they would move us or what benefit that would be.

I'm wondering if anyone has experience of taking a CPAP and how they managed? Did they get an electric hook up in east in the accessible camping or something similar? 

Thanks,

Gem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as I'm aware there are no electric point hook-ups in either campervan sites east or west and so ,given the basic information provided to you, I would make further enquiries to the accessibility team for specific detail on what they can provide.

If it is essential you need a electric hook-up I suggest you obtain  a confirmed reservation of the supply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, hiddengem said:

Hi everyone, 

I've been to Glastonbury a number of times and I'm attending with my fiance for the first time this year. In all the excitement of managing to get tickets and West Campervan tickets, we totally forgot to consider that he has a CPAP machine that needs to be plugged into mains at night. I've emailed the accessibility team and they said with a doctors note etc, they can move us to East Campervan fields instead... but they didn't really say why they would move us or what benefit that would be.

I'm wondering if anyone has experience of taking a CPAP and how they managed? Did they get an electric hook up in east in the accessible camping or something similar? 

Thanks,

Gem

There is an overspill accessible area in E21 which has limited EHU points that are allocated in advance. All space in this area is managed by the Access team. Just make sure you send your form and GP's note in good time as it's first come first served.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

There is an overspill accessible area in E21 which has limited EHU points that are allocated in advance. All space in this area is managed by the Access team. Just make sure you send your form and GP's note in good time as it's first come first served.

 

Thank you. That's really helpful. I might need to make a plan as to how to level out the van as I've heard that area is a bit steep.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hiddengem said:

Thank you. That's really helpful. I might need to make a plan as to how to level out the van as I've heard that area is a bit steep.. 

The accessible area is at the top, its fairly level so don't worry unduly. Last festival the space was increased and the area was where E21 borders E20 on the left hand side, looking towards the festival site. In previous years it has been on the right. E20 has toilets, water and catering vans. :)

Screenshot_2018-11-09_204654.jpg

Edited by StoneCircle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Gem, I too use a CPAP and was unable to get a Motorhome pitch in the accessibly area.

If you too get/got the same reply I'd suggest contacting your husbands hospital/sleep clinic and ask about battery powered CPAP, the CPAP he has may well be able to run from battery supply if not they'll either supply one or tell him he's ok not to use the machine whist there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@NudenutReally sorry to hear you weren't able to get one. I provided them with a letter from my partners doctor and they have moved us to the accessible area. I know it is done on first come first served, but it's a real shame you weren't able to get sorted. Hope you manage to work something out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2019 at 6:08 PM, Nudenut said:

Hi Gem, I too use a CPAP and was unable to get a Motorhome pitch in the accessibly area.

If you too get/got the same reply I'd suggest contacting your husbands hospital/sleep clinic and ask about battery powered CPAP, the CPAP he has may well be able to run from battery supply if not they'll either supply one or tell him he's ok not to use the machine whist there.

Have you asked if you can get à  pitch in the overspill accessibility area in E21 with EHU? Assuming that your motorhome fits the criteria and is under 8 metres long.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

Have you asked if you can get à  pitch in the overspill accessibility area in E21 with EHU? Assuming that your motorhome fits the criteria and is under 8 metres long.

 

 

I haven’t no, EHU ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Nudenut said:

I haven’t no, EHU ?

EHU = Electric Hook Up. Have a read of my replies to hiddengem as that is where she is requesting to pitch. You will need to contact the Access team for permission along with medical proof from your GP/specialist. The spaces are limited.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AH, sorry yes I had read the whole thread, I'd applied for a pitch to the Accessibility team, they replied saying that all Caravan and Motorhome accessibility pitches were now allocated for 2019, end of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/14/2019 at 12:52 PM, Nudenut said:

Am now in, all is good 🙂

Good to hear! E21 or Spring Hill?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

Good to hear! E21 or Spring Hill?

Assuming E21? I have an East CV ticket and they replied:

"we can provide power to your van in a reserved area in East"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Nudenut said:

Assuming E21? I have an East CV ticket and they replied:

"we can provide power to your van in a reserved area in East"

Yes that's the disabled overspill. They will send you a letter nearer the time which you will need to show the stewards to gain access. See you there! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, StoneCircle said:

Yes that's the disabled overspill. They will send you a letter nearer the time which you will need to show the stewards to gain access. See you there! :D

Sure thing, looking forward to it !! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With a doctors or hospital consultants note /letter you will be OK to camp in a tent in the disabled field.. I say tent as all camper van spots are gone.. But you have a really good team who can help.. Electric all hours.. 

I've not got a ticket but enquired yesterday about if they had campervan spaces left for people in resale and was told no.. So if I get a ticket I'll be in a tent.... The only tent I have is bigger than my campervan lol but I need a bed.. 

Email them again.. You'll be much better in desabled camping than outside the fence.. But as I say you'll have to tent it.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

You'll be much better in desabled camping than outside the fence.. But as I say you'll have to tent it.. 

Yes, I turned down the tent option as have a Motorhome... now with EHU I'm all good thanks.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I contacted the sleep clinic who issued my CPAP machine and they were able to loan me a 12V machine and two battery packs for the week - unfortunately it's not an option this year as it's out on loan already.

I also found out my CPAP machine works on 12V so all i need is a special power lead and I can run it from the Leisure battery in the CV.

My last sleep review was OK so I'm thinking of not taking it at all this year (although it would make the four hour drive back home Monday risky). Looking at my graphs I get roughly an hour's sleep between each pause and I clock up 3-4 hours of deep sleep a night with the machine, as I'm planning on being up until 4AM most nights that pattern will be shot to bits anyway. The only danger is my oxygen levels will drop more without the machine so my heart-rate will increase (which potentially increases the risks of an heart-attack). I didn't use it last weekend and apart from an increase in volume for my snoring and waking up a couple of times I didn't feel any ill effects so I should be OK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...