Pukkelpop 2018

DDave

4 minutes ago, SilverLining said:

Not feeling too confident for an announcement today now, anyone heard otherwise for it?

Zero activity on social media. Heard that we are definitely getting names though, still unsure personally. 

30 Seconds to Mars are playing Antwerp on Wednesday. Could be the reason?

10 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Main –         Lauv / Years and Years / Rag N Bone Man / Dua Lipa / The War on Drugs / Arcade Fire

Marquee –     Susan Sundfor / Grizzly Bear / Phoenix / Vampire Weekend / Bonobo

Club –         Charlotte Gainsbourg / Protomartyr / The Rapture / Everything Everything / Dirty Projectors

Dance Hall    Princess Nokia / Dave / Bicep (live) Skepta / MØ 
Castello    Young Fathers / Moses Sumney / Todd Terje / George Fitzgerald (live) Four Tet (live)

Main –  BØrns / Nothing But Thieves / Sum 41 / Florence & the Machine or Imagine Dragons / Justice

Marquee –     Anna Calvi / Haim / Fleet Foxes/ Massive Attack / Lykke Li

Club –  The Wombats / Lemon Twigs / Unknown Mortal Orchestra / Belle and Sebastian

Dance Hall -     Gorgon City / Chromeo / Jungle / Hot Chip Megamix / Pendulum

Castello     Alexis Taylor / Nils Frahm / Maribou State / Rhye / Ross from Friends / Nick Murphy

Main   Brockhampton / Jessie Ware / Papa Roach / James Bay / N*E*R*D / Kendrick Lamar / Netsky

Marquee –  Seasick Steve / Vaccines / Flogging Molly / The Hives / Iggy Pop / Goldfrapp

Club – Japanese Breakfast / Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever / Idles/ Ariel Pink / King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard / Brian Jonestown Massacre

Dance Hall  -  Simian Mobile Disco / Confidence Man / Silk City / Charli XCX 

Castello    Bearcubs / Jacob Banks / Joe Goddard (live) / DJ Tennis / Dekmantel Sound System / Kelly Lee Owens

Lift - Cabbage, Soccer Mommy, John Maus, Hookworms, Pip Blom, Black Angels, Lucy Dacus

I don't mind having small announcements everyday...if half of this predictions will come true i'll be the happiest man! :)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SilverLining said:

I'm gonna nail on NERD based solely upon Chokris daughter RT'ing a wish list with them on it. Never listened to them fully so wouldn't be a hit or a miss for me.

They were ace at Pukkelpop '09. Better live than they are on record.

4 minutes ago, TheKiewitGuy said:

Their Instagram story contains clear hints for 2 artists: The War On Drugs and Dua Lipa. I'll be pissed if that's all we're getting today after such a long wait. Even more because I just want to see some names we hadn't guessed yet.

I too would be pretty disappointed, even more so if it's just those two names which is looking even more likely now :(

1 minute ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Unless they play the Friday. Slim chance though.

30 Seconds to Mars & Imagine Dragons tomorrow I'm guessing.

Indeed, especially because we know ID is 100% going to be there.

Greg was right again. "Don't expect mega headliners like Rock Werchter". I'm happy with TWOD, but a top line of TWOD, Dua Lipa, ID, 30STM and Kendrick is not at all impressive imo.

2 minutes ago, Death By Sexy said:

Studio Brussels described TWOD as a headliner. Dua Lipa didn't get mentioned as headliner.

Surely she’ll just be in the slot XX were in last year, doesn’t make them a headliner IMO due to the short set-time. Won’t be going to see either likely.

Ok, guess we'll have to wait...

I have two questions Dave:

- Why are you predicting Charli XCX? She has a concert booked in the US the 10th of August and one the 31 (but i'll be very happy if she's not ruled out...one of the best pop acts we can get)

- Aren't Vampire Weekend ruled out due to the fact that the End of the Road one will be their "first show in 4 years"?

1 minute ago, Kikujiro said:

Ok, guess we'll have to wait...

I have two questions Dave:

- Why are you predicting Charli XCX? She has a concert booked in the US the 10th of August and one the 31 (but i'll be very happy if she's not ruled out...one of the best pop acts we can get)

- Aren't Vampire Weekend ruled out due to the fact that the End of the Road one will be their "first show in 4 years"?

Predicted Charli XCX due to the gap in touring and she's perfect for Pukkelpop. Been 3 years since she last played there.

VW - I doubt that will be the first gig they'll play. Expect them to be added to a few late summer festivals, Rock En Seine possibly being one of them.

3 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Predicted Charli XCX due to the gap in touring and she's perfect for Pukkelpop. Been 3 years since she last played there.

VW - I doubt that will be the first gig they'll play. Expect them to be added to a few late summer festivals, Rock En Seine possibly being one of them.

I agree (and hope we are right)...tomorrow Rock en Seine will announce its first names and they will be very showing!

31 minutes ago, TheKiewitGuy said:

Local newspaper says one name for tomorrow. Come one, that can't be ID... The thursday will already be very hard to sell as it is (especially for a thursday), ID surely can't carry a full day?

One name?? Christ. Looks like we'll get the full line up by Xmas!