Benicassim (FIB) 2018

andytommo

2 hours ago, CJTM said:

I wonder what info Neil has if anyone regarding FIB 2018 acts, given its ties to SJM etc.

never really see him hint to internationals? @eFestivals

FIB is part owned/run by Maraworld (ESP) and Melvin Benn's Festival Republic Group (UK), with a some of the acts still signed to perform by Vince Power and friends, who sold their stake in FIB (or were bailed out by, depending on who you talk to) about 3 or 4 years ago.  There's no link between SJM, and the owners/organisers of FIB, is there?

21 minutes ago, andytommo said:

FIB is part owned/run by Maraworld (ESP) and Melvin Benn's Festival Republic Group (UK), with a some of the acts still signed to perform by Vince Power and friends, who sold their stake in FIB (or were bailed out by, depending on who you talk to) about 3 or 4 years ago.  There's no link between SJM, and the owners/organisers of FIB, is there?

http://www.nme.com/news/music/various-artists-2485-1262500

could probably explain why boreteeners play every year ;)

1 hour ago, CJTM said:

http://www.nme.com/news/music/various-artists-2485-1262500

could probably explain why boreteeners play every year ;)

Yes, that happened, but thinking back, the following year (2014), once all of the debt was cleared by MCD/SJM, it was sold onto Melvin Benn's company Festival Republic, who do all of the bookings now, and run it these days with the Spanish based Maraworld team.  Courteeners played last year, and prior to that, the last time they played was 2014.  

Edited by andytommo

8 minutes ago, andytommo said:

Yes, that happened, but thinking back, the following year (2014), once all of the debt was cleared by MCD/SJM, it was sold onto Melvin Benn's company Festival Republic, who do all of the bookings now, and run it these days with the Spanish based Maraworld team.  Courteeners played last year, and prior to that, the last time they played was 2014.  

Festival republic own reading and Leeds too which explains why see acts play benicassim and reading and Leeds eith in the same year or a year apart (as acts can often be booked year before festival. This 1 of the reasons I think we will see Eminem at benicassim as chance he was booked last year at same time as he was booked to play reading and Leeds 

2 minutes ago, Irelandfan said:

Festival republic own reading and Leeds too which explains why see acts play benicassim and reading and Leeds eith in the same year or a year apart (as acts can often be booked year before festival. This 1 of the reasons I think we will see Eminem at benicassim as chance he was booked last year at same time as he was booked to play reading and Leeds 

I think that's unlikely. That would have been around 20 months before the show, which is asking a big commitment of someone who doesn't really work the music biz nowadays.

(yes, i know he's doing a lot next summer, but suspect that's come off the back of R/L going down well).

7 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I think that's unlikely. That would have been around 20 months before the show, which is asking a big commitment of someone who doesn't really work the music biz nowadays.

(yes, i know he's doing a lot next summer, but suspect that's come off the back of R/L going down well).

That's true I suppose maybe it just cause I want him to be there thst I trying to convince myself they have him booked lol

Is a trend of act playing R/L one year and benicassim the next (chilli peppers headlined R/L in 16 and beni 17, same with foals, Kendrick Lamar did R/L IN 15 and beni in 16) 

Guess we can only wait and see hope we hear something soon 

52 minutes ago, andytommo said:

Melvin Benn's company Festival Republic, who do all of the bookings now

Melvin is a promoter and director at Live Nation and FR. 

FR is a LN-Gaiety owned business. A joint venture with Live Nation and Denis Desmond's Gaiety Investments. 

Denis Desmond and SJM Concerts jointly acquired a major shareholding in Maraworld SA some years ago. I'm guessing Desmond's shares went into LN-Gaiety with FR now promoting it. 

There is a similar set up with "old" V Festival. 

11 minutes ago, craigb said:

Melvin is a promoter and director at Live Nation and FR. 

FR is a LN-Gaiety owned business. A joint venture with Live Nation and Denis Desmond's Gaiety Investments. 

Denis Desmond and SJM Concerts jointly acquired a major shareholding in Maraworld SA some years ago. I'm guessing Desmond's shares went into LN-Gaiety with FR now promoting it. 

There is a similar set up with "old" V Festival. 

you missed the bit where Desmond is now Chairman of Live Nation UK.

I have a feeling he might have sold Gaiety to LN at the point that happened, but if he's not sold up to LN yet then he's exceedingly likely to when he retires or leaves this earth. Much of what he did own is now owned by LN (perhaps via FR).

Edited by eFestivals

8 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

PS: there's a similarly cosy and close set-up between SJM and FR/LN. For example they did the Ariana Grande Manc concert together, and ran V Staffordshire together.

SJM and LN certainly seem good bedfellows.  Wonder when that buyout is gonna happen and Simon joins LN. :lol:

Isn't Liam Gallagher currently being jointly promoted by them? 

14 hours ago, craigb said:

SJM and LN certainly seem good bedfellows.  Wonder when that buyout is gonna happen and Simon joins LN. :lol:

That's exactly what happened with Bob Angus & Metropolis who ran the southern V fest, and Desmond before that, which is why I reckon it'll happen with SJM somewhen too.

14 hours ago, craigb said:

Isn't Liam Gallagher currently being jointly promoted by them? 

no idea, but sounds far from unlikely.

Just now, eFestivals said:

That's exactly what happened with Bob Angus & Metropolis who ran the southern V fest, and Desmond before that, which is why I reckon it'll happen with SJM somewhen too.

no idea, but sounds far from unlikely.

neil why are am being completely disregarded for beni?

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I've no idea.

I've no knowledge either way about AMs at beni, which is why I didn't reply to that particular question. I don't generally post to say I know nothing, that's the default.

I hear a lot of noise on them doing mad cool but i feel there is some kind of basic logic preventing it, the cost? the fact they'll do TRSMT a week before? i don't know i just don't think that they will play it. Jack White suits much better to that line up in my opinion. What are your thoughts?

1 minute ago, Honeybane said:

I hear a lot of noise on them doing mad cool but i feel there is some kind of basic logic preventing it, the cost? the fact they'll do TRSMT a week before? i don't know i just don't think that they will play it. Jack White suits much better to that line up in my opinion. What are your thoughts?

I think they're doing TRNSMT, and if they are that probably puts them in the frame for beni as it has the same owners.

But that's purely guesswork, and might not be how it is. If the snippets which have come my way are all correct (which includes AMs supposedly not doing R/L, which is owned by the same owners too) then it looks like AMs have some specific wants in where they play, which might rule out beni.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

I think they're doing TRNSMT, and if they are that probably puts them in the frame for beni as it has the same owners.

But that's purely guesswork, and might not be how it is. If the snippets which have come my way are all correct (which includes AMs supposedly not doing R/L, which is owned by the same owners too) then it looks like AMs have some specific wants in where they play, which might rule out beni.

Ah, so all these Mad Cool rumors didn't come from you Neil?

3 hours ago, Honeybane said:

Mad Cool has two headliners to announce. It's Arctic Monkeys and Jack White.

3 hours ago, Honeybane said:

Well judging by the video that they had live on their Instagram page earlier they playing mad cool. Firefly was another festival that matched up with dates and coordinates and they just announce their line-up with arctic monkeys on it 

5 minutes ago, danz026 said:

I don’t think TRNSMT and especially Mad Cool rules them out of Beni. Let’s face it they’re the biggest draw any festival could book right now, so they can probably demand a king’s ransom from mad cool even without agreeing to be a Spain exclusive. 

The video that was posted had them down to play primavera sound as well so if thats true couldn' see them playing 3 big Spanish festivals in the 1 year. 

Guess we can only wait and see in sure we will get some more line-up announcements by end of the month