Worthy View Newbies

shepnic

6 minutes ago, young_bairn said:

It's all been said already but this will be my third year there and it's excellent.

Take a decent bag/rucksack so you can take everything with you for the day as popping back to your tent to resupply isn't really an option .

Good idea. I'm going to take a small day bag with booze, phone etc, then another night bag with a hat and a warmer jacket and leave that in one of the lock ups until I'm ready for it. Saves lugging it all around all day. 

58 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Good idea. I'm going to take a small day bag with booze, phone etc, then another night bag with a hat and a warmer jacket and leave that in one of the lock ups until I'm ready for it. Saves lugging it all around all day. 

Remember you can also do this with the lockers with your beer for the day. We have a beer bag and store, keeping the beer we need for the next period. Then someone doesn't need to have a big bag with them.

Also a Newbie to WV. Having received my Glastonbury ticket but no worthy view ticket / barcode / whatever it is we need to get in I just wanted to check whether anyone else has received theirs - I wouldn't expect them to be sent out together as they were bought at different times but we're just 9 days out now so getting a little nervous.

Stayed there last year but working with Oxfam this year.

The hill is steep but not an issue. As people have said take your time, it's a decent surface and the views at the end are brilliant. I did have a couple of showers last year, got up at 7ish, no queue then back to sleep. Food vendors up there were ok but the fish finger sandwich guys were brill.

Someone said it was getting bigger each year. Last year there 10,000 people up there. We were lucky getting there early afternoon on the Wednesday but there were people coming in right up to Saturday morning and I did see there were some big queues at times for toilets, coffee van and the shower queues were mahoosive.

I thought it was an ideal route in, long drops by strummerville were good, down to the lock ups at Pennards and then you're on the railway track.

I'd stay there again in a flash