Parking in Blue or Purple - How to get there from Wales

AbiC

I usually get the coach - I love the coach and its lack of queuing...

But, due to the fact I am working on the Wednesday (so want to drive straight down afterwards) and that I am staying with friends on the campervan fields, I will be driving for the first time (ugh!). 

I need to ideally park in Blue on the Wednesday night. What route shall I take to make sure I am that side of the festival? And will Blue be full? 

You'll most likely want to go via Bristol, joining the A37 headed South. That'll have you parked on the East of the site - but it's not realistic to say whether you'll end up in Blue or Purple. You'll be directed into whichever they're filling at the time and as the bulk of the public will have arrived by then it's quite likely that you'll be looking at the fields furthest out. You should be able to access the CV fields from either though.

1 hour ago, incident said:

You'll be directed into whichever they're filling at the time ...

Presumably that's only once you're off the road though?  It's never (c.f. last year!) which colour route off the main roads are they accepting traffic at the time I'd have thought.  By Wednesday evening the roads should be running more freely again - is it likely that you'd be able to circle the roads round the site without too much impediment?

Edit:  ...meaning drive whichever route from Wales you think will miss the worst of the traffic around Bristol etc

Edited by p.pete

On 12/04/2017 at 9:57 AM, incident said:

You'll most likely want to go via Bristol, joining the A37 headed South. That'll have you parked on the East of the site - but it's not realistic to say whether you'll end up in Blue or Purple. You'll be directed into whichever they're filling at the time and as the bulk of the public will have arrived by then it's quite likely that you'll be looking at the fields furthest out. You should be able to access the CV fields from either though.

Agree with this.  Due to the position of the entrances off the A37 it's likely that if you approach from North down A37 from Bristol/Shepton Mallet you'll get put into Purple, but if you come from South up A37 (from A303) you'll get directed into Blue.

Both Blue and Purple are a relatively easy walk to East CV fields, which you will need to pass through to get to Gate C entrance in any case.