Glastonbury Gifts

Crazyfool01

1 hour ago, grumpyhack said:

I have a friend who's a professional fine artist in Dorset - her originals start at a few thousand pounds and go up - and she also does limited edition high quality giclee prints that start at a couple of hundred.  She also does postcards and greetings cards of some of her work which sell at sensible card prices.  

www.suejenkins.co.uk

Maybe consider a mix of those.

Ive seen her pieces before somewhere and I've been thinking of getting some prints / Postcards ect but can still  work out £££lol... 

Funkyfairy girl I'll try and take some photos and post them but if you want to see some of my clocks just put In old son designs on faceache... 

Thanks for the support old sons 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

That really is fab guy. How long did it take you to complete?

On a seperate note, if it's not already been mentioned (haven't read the whole thread) then this book would make a great present for anybody who is Glastonbury mad;

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/venetia-deardens-glastonbury-photography-book/

It's rich in photography. I bought one after being introduced to the book by the authors mother (lovely lady) when they hosted our wedding at their beautiful house.

On and off between other pieces about 145284 years old son lol.. 

I changed it and that ones not flat ie the stones are stones lol but it took about a month. 

26 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Well, it's a fine bit of work. The person you gave it to must be very chuffed. Hope you are well.:)

Not to bad old son thanks. Been busy with hospital shit but heyho.. Didn't go out new year eve.... Babysat which was a bit of change but nice not to wake up with a hangover lol.. How are you old son.. 

19 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Not to bad old son thanks. Been busy with hospital shit but heyho.. Didn't go out new year eve.... Babysat which was a bit of change but nice not to wake up with a hangover lol.. How are you old son.. 

Lots of trials and tribulations this end guy, but I continue to laugh in the face of adversity. I know what you mean about the hangovers - I usually drink loads of gin & tonic and don't suffer from hangovers, but had loads of red wine one night over xmas and boy did I suffer the next day. Still, you've got to do it. Sorry to hear about the hospital shit.

22 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Lots of trials and tribulations this end guy, but I continue to laugh in the face of adversity. I know what you mean about the hangovers - I usually drink loads of gin & tonic and don't suffer from hangovers, but had loads of red wine one night over xmas and boy did I suffer the next day. Still, you've got to do it. Sorry to hear about the hospital shit.

All part of the world we live in.. I know it's never going to get better so it's a case of getting through the pain.. I did have 6 months with  the physio people and I'm putting some of that into practice... But I need the sun old son lol

On 04/01/2017 at 4:39 PM, Funkyfairy! said:

ditto - I love them ! @guypjfreak thats one hell of a talent you have there . Got any more pictures of your art ?

https://www.facebook.com/OldSonDesigns/ 

I've put some pics up.. Hope you like. G

2 hours ago, joeltg said:

I was given this, highly recommended.

So fascinating to read about the early days and the journey they went on to what it is as we know it today.  

20170106_113100.jpg

I believe its the same book as I mentioned  

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/216373-glastonbury-gifts/?do=findComment&comment=5148346

except that my one is hardbacked and yours is softbacked

for reasons that don't make any sense ' its currently the same price buying the S/H hardbacked version ' even although they claim they are S/H - I bought two one may have been glanced at and the other was brand new - now I may have been lucky  - impossible to know without buying a third.

1 hour ago, glasto-worker said:

I believe its the same book as I mentioned  

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/216373-glastonbury-gifts/?do=findComment&comment=5148346

except that my one is hardbacked and yours is softbacked

for reasons that don't make any sense ' its currently the same price buying the S/H hardbacked version ' even although they claim they are S/H - I bought two one may have been glanced at and the other was brand new - now I may have been lucky  - impossible to know without buying a third.

That's the one Glasto-worker, fascinating stuff and haven't been able to put it down.

I love reading about the early days, and when the police used to lead convoys down to Michael unexpectedley. An Extract from Eavis below.

Michael: Where are you going with this lot?

Police: We're going down to your farm.

Michael: You can't do that, we haven't got any facilities.

Police: You still haven't got that van insured and taxed have you?

Michael: Ok just for the night.

And that's how the 1978 Festival happened! :lol: