Worthy View, Tipis & CV Fields Sale

Avalon_Fields

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, chrismcb said:

No sign of the PodPads, no one wants to let them go :) Still wondering what happened the two person belle pad......

Yeah it's so strange that it's disappeared. I'm keeping my fingers crossed people decide tomorrow they don't want them!

2 minutes ago, mikegday said:

Just managed to get a 4 person bell tent 'not the Glastonbury fest type'. Will be refunding my 4 person scout, so keep an eye out if after one

Hehe I saw that go on sale then disappear.  Good work.

4 minutes ago, siblin said:

Hehe I saw that go on sale then disappear.  Good work.

Will it let you have more than one then? I didn't realise it lets you do that. Saw that go one, all apart from the one I want haha! 

Edited by Lucy92

Just now, Lucy92 said:

Will it let you have more than one then? I didn't realise it let's you do that

yes if you already have one you can go back in and see what else is available. I believe you can then cancel your old order

13 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

Did you set up a monitor or just luck?

Just luck, I've been freshing it a few times an hour give or take (even during work) for a few weeks now. Reading that back, it sounds crazy and I probably should have just signed up for the alerts.

Just now, mikegday said:

Just luck, I've been freshing it a few times an hour give or take (even during work) for a few weeks now. Reading that back, it sounds crazy and I probably should have just signed up for the alerts.

I've haven't figured out a way to do it so I'm joining you in the manic random refreshing ha! 

Got my mum on the case too... 

Edited by Lucy92

there's a shop at WV that sell airbeds anyway, not sure if they do sleeping bags as I didn't actually go in, but I'd imagine they do.

there'll be a few camping shops in the general campsites that have sleeping bags for sale so you could pick one up later on the day you arrive when you're wandering around.

I don't think you can get sleeping bags/airbeds as "add-ons" at WV, unless you're in one of the accom types that specifically offers them with the booking (podpads or something?).

You can't add sleeping bags or air beds on to the tents as add ons, but there was a shop in WV itself that sold them last year. It's a general store, but they sell camping kit too.

23 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

I cancelled a 4-man scout tent this morning, so hopefully one should come up later today!

Did you receive any confirmation of cancellation? My order still shows the same online. I requested it over the phone and he said it'll take 5 days to be credited back onto my card. I'm just worried that they'll say they have no proof of my request to cancel and it'll all be too late to do anything - don't want to be £500+ out of pocket! Any else have experience of cancelling a worthy order?

1 minute ago, mikegday said:

Did you receive any confirmation of cancellation? My order still shows the same online. I requested it over the phone and he said it'll take 5 days to be credited back onto my card. I'm just worried that they'll say they have no proof of my request to cancel and it'll all be too late to do anything - don't want to be £500+ out of pocket! Any else have experience of cancelling a worthy order?

I contacted them via the form on their site, and they emailed me saying that it had been cancelled.

once you rang they'll have a record of that, so it should be fine. make a note of the time/date you called them just in case.

2 minutes ago, siblin said:

they've now removed the scout tents and put up bell pads - none on sale yet though

Just saw that, wondering if I manage to nab a bellepad could I still cancel the scout tent (2 man) even thought they have been taken off. I'm sure I could.... Need to check the differences between the bellepad and scout tent again!

3 minutes ago, chrismcb said:

Anyone know if the Bellepads are much of an upgrade on the 2 man scout? Very little details on the Bellepad on the site (2 man)

I've not been in one, only walked past them. They didn't look very big, I would guess very similar to 2 man scout with no porch.

hopefully someone who's been in one will pop along shortly, but if not, hope helps