NOS Alive! 2017

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, davidthefly said:

Do we think we have any additions still to come on the main or 2nd stages?

I wish; I find it pretty strange that on their post they don't say "The line-up is complete", so let's hope so ;) 

21 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

I wish; I find it pretty strange that on their post they don't say "The line-up is complete", so let's hope so ;) 

Well the line-up is far from complete as the line-up for the clubbing stage isn't announced. Saying it's complete would be strange to me. 

I keep wondering where this clashfinder is based on. It leaves three gabs, but I have no idea why you'd do that based on the info we have at the moment. Anyway I'm trying not to get my hopes up for a few big acts to be announced, maybe something like Wild Beasts but that'll be it I reckon.

Are there expectations for more bands for main 2 stages? I've it added up that there's only one less main stage band over the weekend and 3 less second stage. Foos day has extra band and they'll play a long set. 

Just hoping there isn't overlapping between CTE,  Depeche Mode and Fleet Foxes.

My expectation is that the last announcement will be a disappointing one. I can't see a reason to wait this long with the full line-up (or even the other Clubbing days). The only thing I can imagine is they are struggling with one or two bands who canceled their shows. 

For me a clash with Royal Blood, The xx and Ryan Adams would be horrible. Never seen any of these acts and all high up the list. Bring on that schedule :)

36 minutes ago, neontiger8 said:

My expectation is that the last announcement will be a disappointing one. I can't see a reason to wait this long with the full line-up (or even the other Clubbing days). The only thing I can imagine is they are struggling with one or two bands who canceled their shows. 

For me a clash with Royal Blood, The xx and Ryan Adams would be horrible. Never seen any of these acts and all high up the list. Bring on that schedule :)

On the line-up page there's quite a few acts with no stage against them. Although I didn't look further than that, so could be allocated a side stage.

Ryan Adams and Royal Blood are same stage. My guess would be Ryan Adams before xx, possible slight overlap. Then royal blood after the weeknd but on different stage.

8 minutes ago, Mushy25 said:

On the line-up page there's quite a few acts with no stage against them. Although I didn't look further than that, so could be allocated a side stage.

Ryan Adams and Royal Blood are same stage. My guess would be Ryan Adams before xx, possible slight overlap. Then royal blood after the weeknd but on different stage.

When you click on the acts it says Palco Coreto, so that would be last years G-Star Raw stage? Maybe a new sponsor is the reason why they don't display the stage at the line-up.

Yeah I know, but I hate when I can't finish a set or miss the beginnen. So it will probably be either The xx or Ryan Adams and Royal Blood. If it turns out I can catch all three it'd be amazing.

3 hours ago, neontiger8 said:

When you click on the acts it says Palco Coreto, so that would be last years G-Star Raw stage? Maybe a new sponsor is the reason why they don't display the stage at the line-up.

Yeah I know, but I hate when I can't finish a set or miss the beginnen. So it will probably be either The xx or Ryan Adams and Royal Blood. If it turns out I can catch all three it'd be amazing.

I only really knew of 3 stages before booking/the other day, they seem local acts so could go there alright.

It would be nice if the timetable was put up alright.

What's the deal with bringing a backpack in to the site? Or will it be more strict than before? Just thinking for bringing stuff like sun cream and water in (Although I assume the caps come off them). I know if it's high 20s I'll struggle in the heat.

Hey guys, hope someone can help. We've bought camping and entry tickets but have now decided not to camp. The tickets have arrived and say that we have to get our wristbands from the campsite. Is this gonna be a gigantic pain in the hole..? 

Hopefully we can go to the campsite once and get our wristbands..? 

Any help / advise would be appreciated. Starting to get excited..!!

On 2017-6-16 at 2:55 PM, neontiger8 said:

Well the line-up is far from complete as the line-up for the clubbing stage isn't announced. Saying it's complete would be strange to me. 

I keep wondering where this clashfinder is based on. It leaves three gabs, but I have no idea why you'd do that based on the info we have at the moment. Anyway I'm trying not to get my hopes up for a few big acts to be announced, maybe something like Wild Beasts but that'll be it I reckon.

I made that. Some people helped aswell with edits or so and it's based on the schedule of last year most of the time. And based upon last year's schedule there need to be a few bands added I think, no? The Heineken stage has only Parov Stelar and Warpaint on 7/7 whilst Ryan Adams, Bonobo and Royal Blood are there on Friday. It just feels a little bit empty. I also don't think they'd have Depeche Mode as a closer (although they're a very dancey act) so I assume they got a dance closing act up on their sleeve. 

With only 10 days left, idk if we still can expect such things but come on. That Saturday at Heineken looks a little bit empty doesn't it, compared to the other two days? Feel free to help, suggest and edit the clashfinder tho when you think something's missing or should be changed :) 

Last thing, I saw someone say on their Fb asking them why they don't add the last names because some bands have already confirmed playing and dropped the name La Femme in between. But idk if that's tru or not.. Just saw it in one of their posts

Edited by arcuse

3 hours ago, arcuse said:

I made that. Some people helped aswell with edits or so and it's based on the schedule of last year most of the time. And based upon last year's schedule there need to be a few bands added I think, no? The Heineken stage has only Parov Stelar and Warpaint on 7/7 whilst Ryan Adams, Bonobo and Royal Blood are there on Friday. It just feels a little bit empty. I also don't think they'd have Depeche Mode as a closer (although they're a very dancey act) so I assume they got a dance closing act up on their sleeve. 

With only 10 days left, idk if we still can expect such things but come on. That Saturday at Heineken looks a little bit empty doesn't it, compared to the other two days? Feel free to help, suggest and edit the clashfinder tho when you think something's missing or should be changed :) 

Last thing, I saw someone say on their Fb asking them why they don't add the last names because some bands have already confirmed playing and dropped the name La Femme in between. But idk if that's tru or not.. Just saw it in one of their posts

Seeing all the acts lined up made me really excited and realise the Heineken stage is much better than it was last year (in my humble opinion ;) )

I month ago I would have agreed with you, but we're so close to party time find it hard to believe they have big acts up their sleeve. Anyway, if there are big acts yet to be announced, I think it'll be as you say in the clashfinder. 

My guess is tomorrow the clubbing stage for the 6th, Friday the full line-up and Monday the schedule. I'm basing the full line-up on the fact that the Entrance Stage has been announced. Hopefully there will be some great acts to lead that announcement! Timing more a guess on how to keep the attention on the festival. I just hope we've got the schedule before Tuesday, that way I've got something to do on the plane.

Edited by neontiger8

Here’s NOS Clubbing lineup for July 6th:
Carlos Cardoso, Batida, Antonio Bastos, Jezzy Lanza, Karlon, Niles Mavis, Wack, Rita & o Revólver

They don't say full line-up, so hopefully a few great (international) acts to be added.;)

Edited by neontiger8

1 hour ago, Incpdc said:

And the last day at Palco nos?? After depeche mode nothing more???

Yeah it does seem a little strange on the Saturday night they only have 4 bands on the main stage and its going to finish at 12:00 pm or so. Foo fighters will finish around 2:30 am the prior evening.

Seems really bizarre....especially when you compare to previous editions (always 5 acts and Arcade Fire, Disclosure, Libertines starting after midnight)... perhaps they have a surprise up their sleeve but it would seem unlikely at this stage.....it kinda looks like they had a cancellation or some issue and just didn't bother replacing as the festival was sold out.