Sziget Festival 2017

#1SzigetFan

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgive my ridiculously basic question, but do the major acts play from the Wednesday for five days or are they spread across all seven? I'm thinking Sziget is definitely going to be one of our European festivals next year but I'm trying to work out how many days off I'll need. Want to see a bit of Budapest too. 

If anyone has a very basic breakdown of how it all works it would be much appreciated!

31 minutes ago, SPTFRE said:

Forgive my ridiculously basic question, but do the major acts play from the Wednesday for five days or are they spread across all seven? I'm thinking Sziget is definitely going to be one of our European festivals next year but I'm trying to work out how many days off I'll need. Want to see a bit of Budapest too. 

If anyone has a very basic breakdown of how it all works it would be much appreciated!

Usually there is a huge headliner on Day -1 (Wednesday) or Day 0 (Tuesday). In 2015 it was Robbie Williams on Day -1 and Florence + the Machine on Day 0 and this year it was Die Antwoord/The Chemical Brothers on Day -1 and Rihanna on Day 0.

The other day headliners:

2015 - alt-J (Day 1 - Friday), Foals/Ellie Goulding (Day 2), Kasabian/Avicii (Day 3), Major Lazer/Kings of Leon (Day 4), Limp Bizkit/Martin Garrix (Day 5). You can see other acts from 2015 here: http:///s/szigetfestival2015/

2016 - Bastille/Manu Chao (Day 1), Sigur Ros/Muse, Tinie Tempah/Guetta, Noel Gallagher's HFB/Sia, The Last Shadow Puppets/Hardwell: http:///s/sziget2016/

51 minutes ago, SPTFRE said:

14 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

Usually there is a huge headliner on Day -1 (Wednesday) or Day 0 (Tuesday). In 2015 it was Robbie Williams on Day -1 and Florence + the Machine on Day 0 and this year it was Die Antwoord/The Chemical Brothers on Day -1 and Rihanna on Day 0.

The other day headliners:

2015 - alt-J (Day 1 - Friday), Foals/Ellie Goulding (Day 2), Kasabian/Avicii (Day 3), Major Lazer/Kings of Leon (Day 4), Limp Bizkit/Martin Garrix (Day 5). You can see other acts from 2015 here: http:///s/szigetfestival2015/

2016 - Bastille/Manu Chao (Day 1), Sigur Ros/Muse, Tinie Tempah/Guetta, Noel Gallagher's HFB/Sia, The Last Shadow Puppets/Hardwell: http:///s/sziget2016/

Yeah the last day is usually shit on main stage!

Will you be camping? you might consider coming for 8,9 or 10 days then! Moving-in is like the wednesday at Glastonbury! Much fewer people, but lots of fun!

18 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

I was a little bit tired, I wrote about Day 0 that is on Tuesday, but it's on Thursday. :)

I agree that the last day is usually weak, but in 2014 it was an OutKast/Calvin Harris combo (and I'm really sad that I missed that Sziget edition!).

True, it was strong despite me not liking it.

But Bizkit/Garrix and TLSP/Hardwell is pretty poor! Compare that to BMTH/Sigur Ros/Muse for example. 

I'll watch the aftermovie on a tv screen full HD with my buddies, hope everyone will enjoy it :) 

1 hour ago, SPTFRE said:

Thank you very much for the responses @Noeliamand @#1SzigetFan. So this year, the music is on for 5 days, beginning on Wednesday 9th and finishing on Sunday 13th? 

Yes, would be camping. Probably in a pre-pitched tent so we've got less stuff to carry over

Don't hesitate if you have any question! I've been 3 times, I don't know for the others but I think Ilbeyene has been way more times so even on little details I guess we could help you!

Music from Wednesday 9th to wednesday 16th (not included, have to leave by 10am);

And Moving in from 6th to 9th! You get to feel the island, know the roads and stages, and get a perfect camping spot!

2 hours ago, Noeliam said:

I can see them booking Eminem, as they've always wanted him. He's damn expensive...

My friends will be happy so it's okay! I'd rather have Kasabian if I had to chose!

They also wanted RHCP last 20 years and when they finally got them, they organized 2 solo concerts 2 weeks after Sziget :lol: I'm seriously thinking about going back to Sziget next year as I don't really like line ups of rock festivals in Austria and Germany. Hope Sziget won't disappoint 

1 hour ago, SPTFRE said:

Do Sziget normally announce acts before Christmas? I'm pretty sure I'll be going and I wanna take advantage of the early bird offer but I doubt I'll commit until I know there's gonna be at least a few acts that I like

Yes, they do! Last year they had 2 announcements in December (at the start and at the end of the month). First names were Bring Me the Horizon, Kodaline, M83, MØ, Naughty Boy, John Newman, Parov Stelar, Sigur Ros. In the second December pack we had Bastille, Bloc Party, CHVRCHES, Nicky Romero and Sum 41. The first headliners were MUSE, but they were announced at the start of February.

In other news, Sziget reaches the Top 10 shortlists at 2 categories at the European Festival Awards: Best Major European Festival and Artists' Favourite Festival!

Dan Panaitescu, the Sziget booking manager who died recently in a car accident and the Main Stage had his name at this edition, also reached the shortlist in 2 categories, posthumously: Promoter of the Year and Award for Excellence and Passion.