Sziget Festival 2017

#1SzigetFan

On 19.10.2016 at 2:08 PM, Noeliam said:

Last year it was released on the 18th of november (the official one, so it should be done within a month).

You were right! According to their latest Facebook post, the aftermovie will arrive in November. Can't wait for it! You can also send your aftermovies to Sziget here, I think the most interesting parts will feature in the official aftermovie.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 25 ottobre 2016 at 10:53 AM, Noeliam said:

https://backpacknstuff.wordpress.com/2016/10/24/sziget-2016-music-12/

Top 6 acts from 6 different stages in 2016.

Very nice article, Noeliam! My choices would have been M83 for A38, Sigur Ros for Main, Jay Lumen for Colosseum, Deluxe for Europe and Teapot Industries for Lightstage, so we agree on 3/6.

You also took a photo of mine for Teapot <3

1 hour ago, ilbeyene said:

Very nice article, Noeliam! My choices would have been M83 for A38, Sigur Ros for Main, Jay Lumen for Colosseum, Deluxe for Europe and Teapot Industries for Lightstage, so we agree on 3/6.

You also took a photo of mine for Teapot <3

Thanks man! I hesitated long before choosing Muse (over Sigur Ros and Manu Chao). I didn't see Jay Lumen though, but the experience of what happened that night with John Digweed was surreal (especially the rain)!
What would be your pick for World Music Stage?

Thanks for the photo, I will give you the credit now, I had forgotten who had taken it. (the panoramic, right?)

Edited by Noeliam

I also loved the article.

There was no overlap is our favourites but I thought you captured the flavour of the festival really well.

I didn't get to all of the stages, maybe because it was my first time. We mainly stayed between the main stage and a little triangle between The World Stage, The Blues Stage, and The African/Reggae/Latin stage.

on the main stage I loved The Chemical Brothers just as I knew I would, Tinie Tempah because he made such a brilliant effort and it really was a tremendous show with fantastic movement and atmosphere in the crowd, and Bohemian Betyars - who I had never heard of but who define the phrase 'love what you do' - they enjoy themselves so much that they totally take the crowd with them - so much fun for early afternoon!

The World Stage was our revelation of the festival and we saw some amazing stuff there - but I would have to pick out the Pannonia All Stars from the final night - brilliantly lively Cuban Ska - a real 'End Party' - tremendous stuff - but special mentions must go to Yiddish Twist, Soviet Prim, Malasanars.....oh too many to mention.

...but what you bring out in your article is that the real stars are the people, just coming together from all over the world and making a world party, especially just after Brexit here in the UK, I totally fell in love with this vibe.

1 hour ago, amfy said:

I also loved the article.

There was no overlap is our favourites but I thought you captured the flavour of the festival really well.

I didn't get to all of the stages, maybe because it was my first time. We mainly stayed between the main stage and a little triangle between The World Stage, The Blues Stage, and The African/Reggae/Latin stage.

on the main stage I loved The Chemical Brothers just as I knew I would, Tinie Tempah because he made such a brilliant effort and it really was a tremendous show with fantastic movement and atmosphere in the crowd, and Bohemian Betyars - who I had never heard of but who define the phrase 'love what you do' - they enjoy themselves so much that they totally take the crowd with them - so much fun for early afternoon!

The World Stage was our revelation of the festival and we saw some amazing stuff there - but I would have to pick out the Pannonia All Stars from the final night - brilliantly lively Cuban Ska - a real 'End Party' - tremendous stuff - but special mentions must go to Yiddish Twist, Soviet Prim, Malasanars.....oh too many to mention.

...but what you bring out in your article is that the real stars are the people, just coming together from all over the world and making a world party, especially just after Brexit here in the UK, I totally fell in love with this vibe.

Thank you for your compliments :) I try to write at once, just about how I feel (that's why some sentences may seem weird, I rarely read again to correct). Sziget wouldn't be the same without its szitizens indeed :)

and for your first year, you did great, the world music is one of the most underrated stages. They were barely 500 people for Buika during Rihanna. you should've seen it the years before, it was way more beautiful that the tires.

19 hours ago, Noeliam said:

Thanks man! I hesitated long before choosing Muse (over Sigur Ros and Manu Chao). I didn't see Jay Lumen though, but the experience of what happened that night with John Digweed was surreal (especially the rain)!
What would be your pick for World Music Stage?

Thanks for the photo, I will give you the credit now, I had forgotten who had taken it. (the panoramic, right?)

Yes it's the panoramic one but I didn't say that for the credit, I'm just happy people like that photo and even the band itself shared it on their fb page! Anyway Enzo Avitabile for World Stage, a huge neapolitan party!

Nick Cave would be brilliant, but unfortunately he doesn't seem to fit the headliner the "new direction" of Sziget is looking for. His 2013 headlining gig at Sziget was brilliant, my favorite sziget concert ever (sharing the 1st position with Faith No More in 2009). Maybe a 19:30 show before a more popular headliner like this year's Sigur Ros-Muse? That would be great!

6 minutes ago, ilbeyene said:

Nick Cave would be brilliant, but unfortunately he doesn't seem to fit the headliner the "new direction" of Sziget is looking for. His 2013 headlining gig at Sziget was brilliant, my favorite sziget concert ever (sharing the 1st position with Faith No More in 2009). Maybe a 19:30 show before a more popular headliner like this year's Sigur Ros-Muse? That would be great!

Maybe a indoor headline set, the new album is dark even for old nick.

11 minutes ago, ilbeyene said:

The acoustic of A38 maybe won't help his sound, but would be a perfect solution for me. Only Metallica playing against him on the Main Stage at the same time would take me far from a Nick Cave concert in the A38 tent!

I found the acoustic perfect for M83. I've heard that it was horrible for Dropkick Murphys last year (and Knife Party were shit because of no bass). What does it depend on?

On 20/10/2016 at 9:22 AM, ilbeyene said:

Here's mine :)

Stunning video, totally loved it. Certainly brings the beauty of the festival and the great vibe.

Its that time of year when its cold outside and im hunting for sziget videos, this one is the best ive seen.  :D

1 hour ago, thetime said:

Stunning video, totally loved it. Certainly brings the beauty of the festival and the great vibe.

Its that time of year when its cold outside and im hunting for sziget videos, this one is the best ive seen.  :D

He should add subtitles to it though :P 

37 minutes ago, thetime said:

Has there never been one? More and more seem to be going so I'm surprised.

No never to my recollection, since I've been there. But I saw @ilbeyene in 2015 and 2016 (twice on the road wandering and one time at the Teapot Industries concert). I also saw him  crowdsurfing on the screens :D 

I'll try to do smth more official so that we could meet and drink beers!

1 hour ago, ilbeyene said:

Obviously I'm in for any meeting, you know that!

Looks like this year we can have all the headliners people were asking for last year, lol! 

Radiohead, Linkin Park, and ? :D edit: Red Hot!!

Radiohead's leak has been confirmed (with last confirmations best kept secret and werchter). That's the end of the list then, I hope they can still add something for august.

Radiohead and I don't care about anything else on the main stage (well, except for The XX).

Edited by Noeliam