Sziget Festival 2017

#1SzigetFan

for me Biffy Clyro are very likely to cover an headlining spot this year. They did well in 2013, not too expensive, they're touring and headlining almost every medium-big festival they go in Europe. Or they can have an electronic act after them ok.

For super big acts I think one between Green Day and RHCP because they are mainstream enough.

I'm glad we won't have Coldplay (usa tour), but I think that there will be some medium popish band like One Republic or The 1975 (the second one I think is good btw).

Radiohead is always the dream (together with Bon Iver) but as I look at last years lineups I have to consider mostly the Mtv artists so: the Weeknd is going on tour, Kanye is doing usa with his last album's tour so maybe europe for next year. 

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Diocane said:

for me Biffy Clyro are very likely to cover an headlining spot this year. They did well in 2013, not too expensive, they're touring and headlining almost every medium-big festival they go in Europe. Or they can have an electronic act after them ok.

For super big acts I think one between Green Day and RHCP because they are mainstream enough.

I'm glad we won't have Coldplay (usa tour), but I think that there will be some medium popish band like One Republic or The 1975 (the second one I think is good btw).

Radiohead is always the dream (together with Bon Iver) but as I look at last years lineups I have to consider mostly the Mtv artists so: the Weeknd is going on tour, Kanye is doing usa with his last album's tour so maybe europe for next year. 

I also think that Biffy is a big possibility. they must be cheap outside the UK as they played 4th down at NOS Alive this year! They'll take a cheap spot so it could be interesting to invest in a big band.

RHCP are a possibility for day -1

Radiohead are possible because they will sell out their day as we saw it at almost all of their festival shows, so I think Sziget will try to get them. Especially that they play the hits, their set at NOS Alive was enormous.

I wouldn't mind One Republic as a sub-headliner. 

Some predictions based on tours and albums coming, (not my wishlist). I am at home eating cakes and smoking good, so...

- Biffy Clyro

- One republic (if Sia headlined they can too, maybe with a dj after)

- Blink182

- Bon Iver (is he bigger than sigur ros?)

1 Big Pop headliner: Ed Sheeran/Lady Gaga/ The Weeknd

1 Big Rock: RHCP/ Green Day / The killers 

DJs: 2 between the Balaton residents such Tiesto/ Armin / DV&LM (or Skrillex if we're lucky)

(I can see The 1975 subbing/co-headlining with anyone of the heads.)

(I dream Rolling Stones to play one night, they have new album, but very hard to happen)

Kinda messy, but I've made 7 days

If the rumours about Foo Fighters in Europe are true, it would be nice to see them at Sziget as well. Their only time at Sziget was in 1997, at the 5th edition of the festival. It would be great if they come back here after 20 years for the 25th edition of the festival!

Edited by #1SzigetFan

1 hour ago, #1SzigetFan said:

If their first show will be NOS Alive, as it's rumoured, I think that there is a chance to see them as Day -1 headliners.

It's them or RHCP! Can see one of them for day -1 as you say but not both.

Hopefully FF will still be there in august but I think it's gonna be RHCP.

5 hours ago, Noeliam said:

Hopefully FF will still be there in august but I think it's gonna be RHCP.

I hope that it'll be the Foos too!

Usually a tour takes about a month and if they start it at NOS Alive they could end it at the 25th Sziget. :) I don't really think it will be RHCP as they played 2 consecutive days in Budapest in September, so maybe Hungarian people want something else now... Foo Fighters would be the better choice!

Another surprise would be to have them both, but on different days... Foo Fighters on Day -1 and RHCP in the weekend (Friday - Sunday), as Muse this year (Saturday).

53 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

I hope that it'll be the Foos too!

Usually a tour takes about a month and if they start it at NOS Alive they could end it at the 25th Sziget. :) I don't really think it will be RHCP as they played 2 consecutive days in Budapest in September, so maybe Hungarian people want something else now... Foo Fighters would be the better choice!

Another surprise would be to have them both, but on different days... Foo Fighters on Day -1 and RHCP in the weekend (Friday - Sunday), as Muse this year (Saturday).

True! But if we only get two north-american bands I'd rather have Arcade Fire than any of those.

20 hours ago, #1SzigetFan said:

Usually a tour takes about a month and if they start it at NOS Alive they could end it at the 25th Sziget. :) 

I don't think their tour will start at NOS Alive. It's just the first date announced. It might be quite stupid but based on their "passport" website NOS Alive is on the second page... so i assume that there will be some dates before that.

1 hour ago, Dietediet said:

Pinkpop organiser confirmed today that Foo Fighters are doing a short tour spanning only about 2 weeks.

Thanks! I think we'll get one of the big american band touring this summer: RHCP/Green Day or The Killers if they tour but probably not GnR.

Then some big pop star + 2 DJ.

Leaves enough space for Biffy Clyro / The XX / Kasabian...?

I'd be up for these 7 headliners! / It's realistic (only one band from the last two years, good enough for Sziget standards; 3 "cheap" headliners, 2 expensive + 2 DJ's). 4 out of 7 for me.

42 minutes ago, Noeliam said:

I think we'll get one of the big american band touring this summer: RHCP/Green Day or The Killers if they tour but probably not GnR.

I would be a little bit disappointed with one of these names as "the big headliner" of next year. Not that much, because I actually like them, but I am expecting a little bit more (or maybe something unique - a headliner that doesn't play too many festivals next summer and does more arena shows) because of their hype with the "anniversary edition". I guess I'll have to keep my fingers crossed for The Rolling Stones (hopefully they'll tour with the new album) if it's true that the Foos will be in Europe only for 2 weeks.

12 hours ago, #1SzigetFan said:

I would be a little bit disappointed with one of these names as "the big headliner" of next year. Not that much, because I actually like them, but I am expecting a little bit more (or maybe something unique - a headliner that doesn't play too many festivals next summer and does more arena shows) because of their hype with the "anniversary edition". I guess I'll have to keep my fingers crossed for The Rolling Stones (hopefully they'll tour with the new album) if it's true that the Foos will be in Europe only for 2 weeks.

If I had the choice I'd take Radiohead or Arcade Fire, but doesn't look likely for both. (and my top choice would be The Killers, I love them on record and want to give them a chance live despite what everyone says).

43 minutes ago, Uncle Liam said:

The Killers were bloody brilliant in 2012. Why they decided to follow that in subsequent with the hopeless 'end-party' is totally beyond me.

100%!

I want LCD Soundsystem or an Arcade Fire type of band to play the end show: great music and atmosphere.

Or The Flaming Lips!

I would really love to see The Killers if I'd have to choose between RHCP, Green Day or The Killers, but I'm afraid it won't be the case, as they already played at Sziget 3 times and maybe they're thinking to bring a band that didn't play here for a very long time (something like Foo Fighters or Green Day) or a band that never visited the island (RHCP).

Another band I would like to see returning with a new album and also touring next year is Snow Patrol. They're missing since 2013 and they were at Sziget in 2009...

Well, I guess that they booked Rihanna, Sia (2016) or Robbie Williams, Kings of Leon, Florence + the Machine (2015) recently because too many were also whining that a lot of bands are coming back too often (and they got bored of them) and not "just for the money". :D

Edited by #1SzigetFan