NFR NFC 2017 - The friendly thread for lovely people

Quark

22 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Thankyou so much for the review. I will steer clear. My mate always says if we don't get tickets for Glastonbury we should go there as she's into all that music. I will be sure to give a resounding 'no'. 

Morning Mr G. Any plans with G junior today in this sunshine? 

Morning CG. As it's expected to be the last hot sunny day before the thu*der st*rms hit us tomorrow, we'll probably be out in the swimming pool this afternoon. Got to go to the bank this morning, though, to provide a credit report for a mortgage extension application (rock and roll!), so we might visit the play park too :) What are you up to? 

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bonjour mes amis!

Another beautiful day here, spoiled only buy the insistence of my company that I have to actually turn up and do stuff in order for them to give me money.  Boo!

Haven't bought the album yet FF but it's on my to do list!  That and the Ben Eine shirt to celebrate the Big Issue's 200 millionth sale, love this!  http://shop.bigissue.com/products/the-ben-eine-celebrate-tee

Shame this is going to be your last V fest FF, especially as you've got such fond memories of it.  I wonder if there are people who feel the same about all the changes at Glastonbury over the years?  There used to be a short lived one day fest in the park near my house when I was a kid (imaginatively called Parklife!) in the Britpop boom; never had the likes of Blur or Pulp but we did get James Taylor Quartet, My Life Story and a couple of other B-listers.  'Twas a good craic.

Enjoy the last day of sunshine Mr G :)

Morning! Isn't it lovely out? 

If anyone wants another festival I can recommend Secret Garden Party. We went in 2012 as an alternative to Glastonbury, loved it so much we went the following year too! I'd go again too. Hoping to go to Boomtown next year, it's my 40th just after Glastonbury so hopefully we'll all be lucky on T Day and can have a big party, and I can continue that throughout the year! :)

9 minutes ago, Quark said:

Bonjour mes amis!

Another beautiful day here, spoiled only buy the insistence of my company that I have to actually turn up and do stuff in order for them to give me money.  Boo!

Haven't bought the album yet FF but it's on my to do list!  That and the Ben Eine shirt to celebrate the Big Issue's 200 millionth sale, love this!  http://shop.bigissue.com/products/the-ben-eine-celebrate-tee

Shame this is going to be your last V fest FF, especially as you've got such fond memories of it.  I wonder if there are people who feel the same about all the changes at Glastonbury over the years?  There used to be a short lived one day fest in the park near my house when I was a kid (imaginatively called Parklife!) in the Britpop boom; never had the likes of Blur or Pulp but we did get James Taylor Quartet, My Life Story and a couple of other B-listers.  'Twas a good craic.

Enjoy the last day of sunshine Mr G :)

I do hope that was accidental, Quark, and you didn't just deliberately refer to James Taylor as a 'B-lister'! 

1 minute ago, mr gumby said:

I do hope that was accidental, Quark, and you didn't just deliberately refer to James Taylor as a 'B-lister'! 

Depends on who you talk to G!  I loved JTQ and the whole Acid Jazz thing, but with the best will in the world they weren't an A-List band!!  However good they are!

On 11/08/2016 at 8:54 PM, Curlygirl said:

Hey C.Hick!! How's you? 

Hi CG - I'm hanging in there :)

Can we come to Barbados with you.

Boardmasters Friday was ace - the sun came out in the afternoon and evening.  Saw Jack Savoretti, Blossoms, Ekkah(?) Catfish, Maximo Park and Wolf Alice. plus smaller acts in bars.

Will put some pics up dreckly - looked great the clifftop stages.

Been for a 40 cycle on sunday in sun and had day off dow Gwithian beach yesterday from 1030 to sunset - lush.

Just now, cornish hick said:

Boardmasters Friday was ace - the sun came out in the afternoon and evening.  Saw Jack Savoretti, Blossoms, Ekkah(?) Catfish, Maximo Park and Wolf Alice. plus smaller acts in bars.

Been for a 40 cycle on sunday in sun and had day off dow Gwithian beach yesterday from 1030 to sunset - lush.

Sounds terrible! :sungum:

2 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Look at you, not wanting to risk bumping into CG. I think that's very unfair!

I wish CG was going - the more the merrier and we I could share the CB vodka that i didn't get to share at Glastonbury

2 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Are you a hobo?

Good point well made, should have said played as a child lol .....

17 minutes ago, cornish hick said:

Oh nice one - love Jack Savoretti and Wolf Alice - sounds like a good little festie

9 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

For some stupid reason I have butterflies this morning about ticket day - I think all this talk of festivals has got me nervous for next year all of a sudden - get a grip time !

Everytime I think about tickets I get butterflies!! I am scared!! 

5 hours ago, mr gumby said:

Morning CG. As it's expected to be the last hot sunny day before the thu*der st*rms hit us tomorrow, we'll probably be out in the swimming pool this afternoon. Got to go to the bank this morning, though, to provide a credit report for a mortgage extension application (rock and roll!), so we might visit the play park too :) What are you up to? 

I have been up to mainly nothing. Went for a bike ride along the cliffs with my neighbour and have decided that I don't like bike riding! I had a nana nap this afternoon and woke up panicking as a dreamt it was the coach ticket sale and I simply had too many to get! 

Do you have your own swimming pool? Or a blow up one? Either way, sounds lovely. Hope the application went well!

3 hours ago, cornish hick said:

Board masters sounds fab, bit far for me to travel tho. It had a good line up. I saw Maximo Park at Kendal and had seen them loads when they were first starting out in our local club, I was very impressed with how they had changed over the years. I would say the lead singer is also a performer where as before he was quite shy with no confidence. 

8 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

Board masters sounds fab, bit far for me to travel tho. It had a good line up. I saw Maximo Park at Kendal and had seen them loads when they were first starting out in our local club, I was very impressed with how they had changed over the years. I would say the lead singer is also a performer where as before he was quite shy with no confidence. 

aye bit of a hike for you same as Kendal for me.  I was well impressed with him, right duracell bunny front man I didnt know much about them had the first album years ago and will be spotifying newer stuff now.

@Funkyfairy! Jack Savoretti was really good and was good to see Wolf Alice in a smaller venue (3000 capacity tent - i was at front) as opposed to last 2 times at Glastonbury.