Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Apocalyptica said:

Haha. We really need a big band announcement tommrow. I will take anything green day kasabian ADTR the killers Bastille megadeth/Metallica  if that's possible qosa anything please 

Personally I'd say we need more midcard stuff. Show me Biffy, The Hives and Andrew McMahon.

4 hours ago, Skankhunt42 said:

Dude ... i can be your man on this ... availability is basically zero ... no chance whatsoever ... swim managed to get a little bit on the last day but nothing were talking about ... so yeah very unlikely.

you serious? what the fuck is up with 'em? I understand drugs aren't everyone's thing but you'd imagine a major festival will be housing a percentage of fuck heads!!! How boring..... Better come prepared ;)

7 hours ago, carlosd said:

From my experience, people at RW do tend to be more conservative. Which is not a bad thing at all, quite the opposite, at least from my point of view. I go there to enjoy the music and I am not very interested in dealing with stonned people as they tend to be bothersome (specially in the camping areas). People drink a lot. Then again, they're belgians, so they know how to handle the beer business.

I do not know, however, if there are few drugged people due to little availability or if fest goers are simply not that interested.

stoned people on the campsite tend to be bothersome? By God, I hope that kind of attitude is rare at this festival - you seem like a right bore! hahaha If most people are like you me and my neighbours at RW aren't gonna get along... 

3 hours ago, neacaisa said:

regarding the new LP song, I just remembered Shinoda's statement on indie rock: https://planetradio.co.uk/kerrang/entertainment/music/linkin-park-mike-shinoda-indie-rock-turned-pop-music/

Ah man what happened to LP....... well remembered regarding the quote. It will be interesting to see Shinodas role in the new album..... They will have a few bangers surely, this is just an intro song right :huh: or ballad saved for a last track :o

Well I really hope tomorrow we get Cage the Elephant, Wolfmother or some interesting unknowns for me to discover.  

7 hours ago, daz-riggers said:

stoned people on the campsite tend to be bothersome? By God, I hope that kind of attitude is rare at this festival - you seem like a right bore! hahaha If most people are like you me and my neighbours at RW aren't gonna get along... 

Haha finally somene who gets it ... truth is there was a bit of weed about .. but only encountereed it once in the arena .. dont really smoke much anymore myaelf ...

7 hours ago, daz-riggers said:

that's just my humble opinion man. I've found out I have a better time when I don't have to deal with drugged people, specially at night, when i've been drinking and screaming all day long and all I want is a little rest to charge for the next day (i'm not 20 anymore, I need my beauty rest) I've had a blast every single time. Belgians are friendly folks at the fests and they will (at least in my experience) easily dance, drink and sing with you. Music and beer, that's how i like it.

If you find my attitude a bore, well, I guess you have the right to feel that way :), as long as I dont get crossed by people like you at the fest there is no reason why folks like you and I can't both have a blast at this RW ;)

16 minutes ago, Apocalyptica said:

Just 6-7 hours more for new announcements. Also I have heard that there's a after party in the hive area after midnight which ends by 5 in the morning. Is it true? 

There is, but it ends at 4. 

http://www.rockwerchter.be/en/practical-info/the-hive#539

Edited by visdave34

20 minutes ago, carlosd said:

that's just my humble opinion man. I've found out I have a better time when I don't have to deal with drugged people, specially at night, when i've been drinking and screaming all day long and all I want is a little rest to charge for the next day (i'm not 20 anymore, I need my beauty rest) I've had a blast every single time. Belgians are friendly folks at the fests and they will (at least in my experience) easily dance, drink and sing with you. Music and beer, that's how i like it.

If you find my attitude a bore, well, I guess you have the right to feel that way :), as long as I dont get crossed by people like you at the fest there is no reason why folks like you and I can't both have a blast at this RW ;)

Yeah last year was my first time at RW and everyone was proper lovely. Oddly enough the only 2 arseholes I met were English :lol: (I'm scottish so I'm used to that though)

20 minutes ago, Apocalyptica said:

Just 6-7 hours more for new announcements. Also I have heard that there's a after party in the hive area after midnight which ends by 5 in the morning. Is it true? 

Until 4am to be exact. The vibe is cool there, DJs tend to play a lot of good hits, both old and new.

14 hours ago, Apocalyptica said:

Haha. We really need a big band announcement tommrow. I will take anything green day kasabian ADTR the killers Bastille megadeth/Metallica  if that's possible qosa anything please 

ADTR = graspop so no

killers = maybe

Bastille = no

megadeth = no Lokerse Feesten in August

Metallica = in The united States

sorry mate :)

Edited by reaper

16 minutes ago, reaper said:

ADTR = graspop so no

killers = maybe

Bastille = no

megadeth = no Lokerse Feesten in August

Metallica = in The united States

sorry mate :)

any particular reason for bastille to be ruled out? I looked at their dates and it seems they could fit RW in.

9 hours ago, TheWerchterJuggernaut said:

Ah man what happened to LP....... well remembered regarding the quote. It will be interesting to see Shinodas role in the new album..... They will have a few bangers surely, this is just an intro song right :huh: or ballad saved for a last track :o

Well I really hope tomorrow we get Cage the Elephant, Wolfmother or some interesting unknowns for me to discover.  

It's track 6 on the album listing out of 10. One More light (title track) is an acoustic ballad according to mike. They supposedly wrote the lyrics first on this album so its going to be a very vocally driven album.  "its very acoustic, no percussion. it has piano and guitar. its unique sound to the album"  . 

6 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

It's track 6 on the album listing out of 10. One More light (title track) is an acoustic ballad according to mike. They supposedly wrote the lyrics first on this album so its going to be a very vocally driven album.  "its very acoustic, no percussion. it has piano and guitar. its unique sound to the album"  . 

I meant to put this out the other day but someone was moaning about LP being stagnant and not doing anything ... did they not realise there was an album coming out .. hence why they are touring I guess.... duhhhhhhhhh

I like it when artists change their sound it shows they are able to adapt and develop and there is nothing wrong with experimenting ... it is much braver than producing the same stuff. They have always been quite experimental (collision course with Jay Z) Fort Minors album being produced by a rapper at a time when rock and rap were very non-interchangeable... reanimation (remix album) as their second album...

I haven't heard the single but looking forward to sounding them out.

Respect to a band that make music they want to make not what they feel they have to appease people who moan about them if they do and moan about them if they don't.