Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Mr. luiguibangbang said:

Justin Bieber  to Pinkpop. Please not for RW, everything is going great so far!

No chance in my opinion, I wouldn't worry. If a pop star will be booked, it will surely be one that appeals to a little bit higher age category.

Edited by neacaisa

1 hour ago, BlockRockinBeats said:

I would love this! 

Seems to be a bit of doom and gloom about the forum at the moment - personally I think there is some good stuff to come.

It's just the nature of drip feeding acts - you will get a few who you're not that bothered for. 

Personally there has been one or two I'm interested in on the last announcements - but depending on whats to come/clashes, doesn't mean i wont go watch someone new.

Last year, it got stronger as announcements went on, just need to be patient. 

RW introduced me to a few new bands over the years, and I have every confidence it will again. 

Yeah agreed .. i think the issue this year was that it gave us all the headiners so quickly that we assumed the names would keep coming so theres negativity as names released are limited ... let al hope for some goodies on friday and if not theres stil what 30+ left to come

3 minutes ago, Skankhunt42 said:

Yeah agreed .. i think the issue this year was that it gave us all the headiners so quickly that we assumed the names would keep coming so theres negativity as names released are limited ... let al hope for some goodies on friday and if not theres stil what 30+ left to come

Don't forget that there is still at least one sub to come ;) (for sunday, and possibly a sub for friday but that's not sure cause OATW/James Blake are enough popular to be subs) The Killers maybe ?

I'd love some party acts of afternoon of the Hurricane line-up, almost GOGOL BORDELLO (and Frank Turner, but I feel that it's compromised, Flogging Molly would seem a bit repetitive with Murphys) + an old legend like the three past years, I'd be amazed with Van Morrisson. Anyway, still many bands coming, all kinds of music!

On 14/02/2017 at 10:32 AM, e2p2 said:

Well,  define fresh. Most of the top positions are already announced, while most of the bottom havent yet.  After this Friday we will have about half of the acts. RW tends to place (relatively) new artists at the start of the days,  giving them the smallest/smaller font, see Frank Carter,  Maggie Rogers etc. 

Well, I'm not entirely sure what I mean by fresh to be honest, I just feel like apart from Radiohead, most of the headlining acts are just a bit "tired" and "worn" now. 

I look at last years lineup and there's loads of good smaller and older bands, Courtney Barnett, Daughter, Foals, Iggy, Jamie XX, New Order, PJ Harvey, Rammstein, Richard Hawley, Tame Impala, Last Shadow Puppets ...  I'd love to see all of those. 

Seeing all those acts would excite me, currently in the RW line up the only bands that excite me are Radiohead, Prophets of Rage and Mark Lanegan. There just seems to be a lot of bands who have been around the block for a long time. I'm hoping all the newer announcements will bring a bit of a spark into this festival.

It would have been interesting to see how it looked like RW16 was shaping up at this time last year. 

Edited by idioteque87

This is what the line up looked like on Jan 30th 2016, so relatively comparable!

From that list there are 11 bands I'd see and I am probably at a similar level now.

I'd agree that this line up doesn't look as "fresh" yet from my perspective as more of my "to see" list this year are bands I've already seen where as last year would have had more new bands for me personally.  

That said you can hardly call the likes of RHCP, Rammstein, Offspring, editors (always at RW) fresh either. 

All of the bands that we have spoken about though like Foster the people, circa waves etc would certainly change that balance this year for me so hoping for a few good announcements!

IMG_6348.PNG

Edited by Antbot89

5 minutes ago, Antbot89 said:

This is what the line up looked like on Jan 30th 2016, so relatively comparable!

From that list there are 11 bands I'd see and I am probably at a similar level now.

I'd agree that this line up doesn't look as "fresh" yet from my perspective as more of my "to see" list this year are bands I've already seen where as last year would have had more new bands for me personally.  

That said you can hardly call the likes of RHCP, Rammstein, Offspring, editors (always at RW) fresh either. 

All of the bands that we have spoken about though like Foster the people, circa waves etc would certainly change that balance this year for me so hoping for a few good announcements!

IMG_6348.PNG

Thanks for posting that!   Yeah a lot of good bands still got added after that date so we shall see :) 

In my opinion, even if the undercard maybe looked more solid last year around the same date... the headliners and subs were nowhere near this year's (one of the headliners was not announced yet -mccartney, but still...)

and for me, because i can't really afford going abroad for festivals multiple times on a year, I think it's very important to have a great set of headliners when making the decision to go to a festival.

43 minutes ago, Antbot89 said:

IMG_6348.PNG

It's funny how line ups are so subjective. From the 2016 one above there's 8 acts I picked and to be honest there's a few of those 8 I wasn't that bothered about. So far this year there's 15 I really want to see. Suppose that's why I'm very happy with line up so far and think it's heading towards one of my favourites from over the years. 

45 minutes ago, neacaisa said:

In my opinion, even if the undercard maybe looked more solid last year around the same date... the headliners and subs were nowhere near this year's (one of the headliners was not announced yet -mccartney, but still...)

and for me, because i can't really afford going abroad for festivals multiple times on a year, I think it's very important to have a great set of headliners when making the decision to go to a festival.

Paul McCartney was announced on this day last year, so technicly yes, he was announced ;):P 

3 minutes ago, HerrBuergermeister said:

What about Jamiroquai?

Jamiroquai is touring in Europe this summer and has no dates yet around Werchter but is also still available around Pukkelpop. Think we'll now this friday if it's gonna be werchter or on monday if it's gonna be Pukkelpop.

How often does RW share line ups with BBK? Quite a few bands on there that i think would make good additions to the RW lineup.

Obviously the likes of the Killers are there but i am thinking more around Hot Chip, Phoenix, Sundara Karma, 1975, Two door cinema club, fleet foxes.

Get some of thise with Foster the people, circa waves & Biffy and i'll be a very happy festival goer

2 hours ago, e2p2 said:

Nice poster for BKS.  hopefully we can get some small names from there too. 

It's amazing! I think that we've got chances for Run The Jewels, King Gizzard and Strand of Oaks!

10 minutes ago, Antbot89 said:

How often does RW share line ups with BBK? Quite a few bands on there that i think would make good additions to the RW lineup.

Obviously the likes of the Killers are there but i am thinking more around Hot Chip, Phoenix, Sundara Karma, 1975, Two door cinema club, fleet foxes.

Get some of thise with Foster the people, circa waves & Biffy and i'll be a very happy festival goer

There is no correlation, but because of dates, they always share names!