10 hours ago, chestwig said:

I've never been in the kids field, but when I did try around 2 or maybe 3 years ago they were defiantly only letting people in who had kids with them.

could this been done at certain times of the day? I think Dynamo or someone was due to be on. 

when the field is very busy they might discourage people without kids from entering, but they definitely don't have a no-adults policy (or at least, they never used to).

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

when the field is very busy they might discourage people without kids from entering, but they definitely don't have a no-adults policy (or at least, they never used to).

This only seems to happen on odd occasions. I guess the Kidz field crew have a rough idea which 'acts' are going to interest adults as well as kids, so they just try to make sure a particular tent doesn't get swamped with adults, which could mean some kids miss out. I know it's happened before with Rastamouse and Dynamo, and I suspect it might've been the same last year for Stephen Hawking, if he hadn't cancelled. 

As you say, though, anyone's welcome most of the time, as long as they act appropriately for a 'family' area! 

Can't wait to get there with gumby jr again, he absolutely loved it last year :) 

47 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

We went in last year. They were doing a kids birthday party for people who's birthdays were over the festival. One of our group was 32 that day and we asked if she could join in, we all got roped in. 

Musical statues, pass the parcel, party hats, a goodie bag. The full kids party. Our 6 and about 15 / 20 kids under 10. It was a laugh.

So you can definitely still go without kids.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

15 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Nope, it's for kids of any age - tho please be respectful that it is a place for kids, so best avoided when you're flying off your tits. :P

It's a really lovely and colourful field, and it's worth strolling round just to take it in and see a field of happy kids.

</warning: might be a bit biased cos he used to work in there :P >

This is enlightening. So - serious question. I genuinely want to see Basil Brush with no sense of irony as I loved him when I was a kid and though I know its not the same bloke "behind the scenes" I still think he's great. I had written this off, however, as a fifty something bloke on his own in the kids tent felt a bit weird and didn't seem on really. Are you saying I can sneak into the tent and watch without feeling uncomfortable or, indeed, making any of the parents feel uncomfortable (I know the kids won't care, they've got more sense)?

17 minutes ago, sparkythetortoise said:

This is enlightening. So - serious question. I genuinely want to see Basil Brush with no sense of irony as I loved him when I was a kid and though I know its not the same bloke "behind the scenes" I still think he's great. I had written this off, however, as a fifty something bloke on his own in the kids tent felt a bit weird and didn't seem on really. Are you saying I can sneak into the tent and watch without feeling uncomfortable or, indeed, making any of the parents feel uncomfortable (I know the kids won't care, they've got more sense)?

Basil Brush is on 4 times, so overcrowding shouldn't be an issue, so that should be fine. 

Having said that, I checked the lineup, and noticed that Dynamo is advertised as 'Kidz only', so I guess this year they're trying to preempt the demand. Not sure if he'll be appearing elsewhere for the adults. 

Hi, this is my first ever post online. I must be drunk giving in but needs must, I've been a lurker since my first Glastonbury in 2007, I can't thank you all enough for the advice, tips and laugh out loud moments I've had reading everything, I'm now compelled to join because no-one has said when Bagpuss is in the kids field, i love him and am now desperate enough to change my life and welcome technology. When is he there? Thanks guys you're all amazing x

On 03/06/2016 at 9:12 AM, mr gumby said:

This only seems to happen on odd occasions. I guess the Kidz field crew have a rough idea which 'acts' are going to interest adults as well as kids, so they just try to make sure a particular tent doesn't get swamped with adults, which could mean some kids miss out. I know it's happened before with Rastamouse and Dynamo, and I suspect it might've been the same last year for Stephen Hawking, if he hadn't cancelled. 

As you say, though, anyone's welcome most of the time, as long as they act appropriately for a 'family' area! 

Can't wait to get there with gumby jr again, he absolutely loved it last year :) 

I went and saw Rastamouse the year he was there - there were plenty of adults in the tent watching.

We "got in" to watch Rastamouse - they on the entrance to the areadissuading groups of lads carrying cans of cider (which we were). Probably sensible.. we just happened to walk around to a different entrance and get in (not trying to break-in - honest!). 

Only fair the "Kidz" get first shout. So I think the answer is, you'll get to see Bagpuss / Basil et al if you want to but let's let the kids have their headliners too :)