new here? introduce yourself

eFestivals

Very long time lurker. Been to Glastonbury since 2003, but not his year.

Finally coming to terms with not going so just wanted to say have a great time to everyone that is.

Also wanted to say this forum feels like the online version of Worthy farm.

Enjoy, hope to see you next year

On 5/31/2016 at 8:59 PM, lollipop86 said:

Hi, just joined and created a dumb username. Anyways, Glastonbury... can't wait. I inadvertently am headed out alone this year. If there are any other solos please let me know as it would be good to get a group started. :

there is a thread of people going alone, and will be good if you go to the meet up and say hello

17 hours ago, healey99 said:

Very long time lurker. Been to Glastonbury since 2003, but not his year.

Finally coming to terms with not going so just wanted to say have a great time to everyone that is.

Also wanted to say this forum feels like the online version of Worthy farm.

Enjoy, hope to see you next year

i feel your pain, that was me in 2014, don't be a stranger next year will be your year

On 31/05/2016 at 9:49 PM, JanieM28 said:

Welcome - there are loads of people going on their own who are all planning to camp together in the Darble field. See the Camp Solo thread to find out more so you can get in contact with the organiser. It sounds like a fun place.

Thanks Janie! Found the thread. Really helpful to know.

Hello everyone :-)

I'm Dominic and I haven't posted on here for about five years; going to Glasto by myself for the first time ever this year (been virtually every year since 2005) and was hoping to camp with you lovely people :-)

Fingers crossed for the weather...

11 hours ago, Dominic1983 said:

Hello everyone :-)

I'm Dominic and I haven't posted on here for about five years; going to Glasto by myself for the first time ever this year (been virtually every year since 2005) and was hoping to camp with you lovely people :-)

Fingers crossed for the weather...

good morning and welcome Dom

there is a thread for people going solo. With my twattish mates (i love them really) camping on my own may be safer

Long time reader of efestivals first time poster ;) We've been to hundreds of festivals but this is our first Glastonbury festival and we're currently excited/nervous! Heading down with hubby and our two best friends on Thursday (we've booked the coach return so won't be there until late) Had great fun reading the forums and getting tips - see you there! :D

On 29 May 2016 at 2:29 PM, Girlwiththemostcake said:

Slight spanner in the works is that I was recently diagnosed with cervical cancer and need surgery, but I'm hoping that can be delayed until after Glastonbury. 

Im very happy to say that I have transferred care to a different hospital and my new consultant didn't bat an eyelid when I said I wanted to wait until after Glastonbury before having surgery so my op is booked for July. 

Finally I can get properly excited!

8 minutes ago, Girlwiththemostcake said:

Im very happy to say that I have transferred care to a different hospital and my new consultant didn't bat an eyelid when I said I wanted to wait until after Glastonbury before having surgery so my op is booked for July. 

Good for you, clearly you deserve something to get happy and excited about!

I hope you have a suitably fantastic time and wish you all the best with the op :) 

Been lurking for what seems like forever, I like "lurking" has a nice ring to it :D :vampire:

so hello <waves manically> from me.  Looking forward to having a blether with you all pre and post festival.

Nez 

On 11/06/2016 at 0:56 PM, Girlwiththemostcake said:

glad to hear your consultant is understanding! Hope that you have a wonderful time and I wish you a speedy recovery when you're home :) 

Hello! I'm Emma, in my late twenties and live in the south west.

This year is my fourth Glastonbury overall, and third in as many years. Arriving by coach with my fella on Wednesday afternoon and already getting a bit edgy about finding a decent camping spot!

Not the most suited-to-my-taste lineup, but I'm quite excited for how this frees me up for exploring little stages, cabaret and lots of delicious food... (and cider)

Hi - this is my first time heading to Glastonbury. I have been to a few festivals in England. Went to Boardmasters in 2014 and Kendal Calling in 2010. I usually head to the really small festivals (approx 1500 people) in Ireland - Stendhal in Limavady and Glasgowbury outside Draperstown which promote all the local home grown acts. So this is the big one. I have never put so much planning into a festival and this forum has been the best find in terms of preparation. 

I am flying to Birmingham to meet up with 11 great friends who i used to live with and we are travelling down. Our car load will arrive at some stage on Wednesday and we are heading to Pennards. The website is advising we travel M40, A34 and then A303 to come in from the east. Seems like we would clash with all those coming from London? Anyway - we will get there at some stage.

Just wanted to say thanks to those guys posting on the various threads with all the helpful advice! So excited now!

On 12 May 2016 at 10:19 AM, shuttlep said:

to have a name like john the beard , this beard better be impressive!

welcome John

Hahaha Cheers, it's had its more impressive days, more a moniker thrown my way to distinguish from a non hirsute John in my group of mates

3 minutes ago, johnthebeard said:

Hahaha Cheers, it's had its more impressive days, more a moniker thrown my way to distinguish from a non hirsute John in my group of mates

I hear you. In my Group we have two Phil's . one "big gay phil" and me just Phil

Hi Folks, Just got back from working abroad for the past five weeks to find the camper van company I booked with has gone bust!  If anyone knows of someone within 100 miles of glasto looking to hire out their camper van/motorhome to two middle aged, highly responsible Glastonbury workers please let me know.  Alternatively, I have a East ticket going and am happy to accompany the lucky recipient in with their van (I am a local and live very close to the site).  Thanks.

Hi I'm Dan 

From a small village Just outside of the Brecon Beacons National Park in S.Wales 

Been a bit of a 'lurker' much like most, since jumping on the band wagon and going to my first Fest which was Glasto last year! 

Got to share it with some great mates and one of the best times of my life. Highlight was our mate in a wedding dress for his stag on the thurs if anyone saw him,  My idea btw ;) 

Travelling via car as couldn't get a bus ticket this year, so there's 2 cars and 6 of us all together! Can't wait! 

Great site and glad I finally joined 

Cheers and look out for 80's Glam rockers on the thurs this year :D 

Cheers! 

Afternoon campers. I haven't been on in a very long time, I had a different name back into day ;)  I'm not going this year, but for some reason I had to check in and see what was going on. Hope you all have a blast, visit Arcading Spectacular, that is out of this world ;)

Hi I'm gherkin8r. Been lurking this forum / following weather blogs/ sniffing round the rumours page every year since my first festival in 08. This will be my 6th. 

Excitement levels are through the roof but wont be on site til thursday morning. Hoping the weather gods are good to us this year.