2016 - Any help or advice needed ?

ramragon

Hi has anyone in the deer lodge been sent any info I about it? We were sent a pdf info sheet last year. We have a lotus tent this year though so maybe it's only the pod pad customers who get this? How do you know hot showers are not available this year in the deer lodge? 

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Saturn5 said:

Hi has anyone in the deer lodge been sent any info I about it? We were sent a pdf info sheet last year. We have a lotus tent this year though so maybe it's only the pod pad customers who get this? How do you know hot showers are not available this year in the deer lodge? 

We have booked a bunked and have received the parking sign and I had an email that said we would be sent details closer to the time on entry etc that we will need to print.

21 hours ago, Saturn5 said:

Last year there were hot showers, somewhere to wash up, toilets, phone charging and a few food outlets in Emperors and you could just walk straight through from Deer Lodge. From memory Deer Lodge also had a toilet block but nothing else.

(Another) wee car-park question...do you need to wait in the queue again if you've already been in and got your wristband etc, or can you skip it? Also, last year it looked like if you arrived on the Thursday, you had to park at the bottom of the hill at the entrance to the overall site, rather than at the top nearer the main entrance...is that the case? Would be a bit of a nuisance to be there early and end up at the furthest away point for parking.

1 hour ago, goldiegrey said:

There were definitely showers in deer lodge last year. behind the row of toilets and next to the hairdryer/straightener tent

That's what I remember but my husband thinks the showers and hairdryer tent were in Emporers and it was only the loos in deer. 

On 12 July 2016 at 8:02 PM, Saturn5 said:

we received etickets to print off yesterday and we are in a yurt so think they must be sending them out now. It said in the info when I was buying them that we got that you get emperors field passes free so you can use the showers etc( haven't got any physical passes that say this tho and we now have all tickets car passes etc. I do know that you have to pay extra for the pamper tent with the hairdryers n stuff this year.

I emailed them about deer lodge showers and got this reply:

Nope you'll get access to Club Class facilities i.e. showers and pamper stations. You'll be getting a customer information pack for you to look over this week :)

ive already paid for club class as I need the flushing loos at my age- hope I'll get a refund?!

6 hours ago, Saturn5 said:

I emailed them about deer lodge showers and got this reply:

Nope you'll get access to Club Class facilities i.e. showers and pamper stations. You'll be getting a customer information pack for you to look over this week :)

ive already paid for club class as I need the flushing loos at my age- hope I'll get a refund?!

Tip for club class. Make sure you take a pair of flip flops to put on in there. Floor was a right mess last year and everyone ended up with dirtier feet than before they had showered.

Also don't take all your valuables in with you as no lockers. You just leave all your clothes etc on a bench.  

On 14/07/2016 at 7:31 PM, Jules62 said:

First timer to Kendal and was just wondering if any of the bars / tents will have any cheesy, Motown, Britpop or indie music playing? Something like Hip Shaker for anyone that's been to IOW festival  thanks J 

The Calling Out stage has an Indie Disco til 3am which is class. Baggy Mondays on Saturday too. The House Party tent has more of a mix of hip hop, cheese and dance and also on til 3am. The Jagerhaus has guest Djs and is a bit more eclectic but sounds great after a few shots...you'll have a great time! 

14 hours ago, Saturn5 said:

Latest confusing update from deer lodge: 

Apologies on this, we made a mistake! Club class is not included in the deer lodge at Kendal Calling.

not sure what's included and not included now ?!

This was the email I sent them and the reply I got back so I hope we are getting access. Im printing the email off and taking with so I can at least try and insist.......

SENT:

Hi thanks for the info everyone has now bought Thursday tickets and we have received our YURT e tickets so almost ready to hit the fields yay.

however can I ask do we have access to the club class showers and flushing toilets with these tickets?
In previous years this was the case but it is now a little confusing on the website.  
Is this is still the case or we have to pay extra for the wrist bands this year. could you please clarify for us?

Thank you
kind regards

REPLY:

You do indeed get access to these facilities :)

Kind regards,
Kendal Calling Team x
28th - 31st August 2016

We're staying in Emperors Fields this year. Does anyone know if there are hairdryers/straighteners in the shower area, or plug sockets where you could plug your own in? Doesn't bother me but some of the girls we're going with would like to know. Thanks :)