Who's on Recycling Crew / Litter Picking this year?

dondo

• 1 month later...

Just had my letter and car park pass arrive today so happy days.

One thing I noted is that the letter says is that the marquee for food and the bar is now in the next field- Ivy Mead which has changed since I went in 2013- looks like it's taken over space from medical centre which as moved

19 minutes ago, dondo said:

Just had my letter and car park pass arrive today so happy days.

One thing I noted is that the letter says is that the marquee for food and the bar is now in the next field- Ivy Mead which has changed since I went in 2013- looks like it's taken over space from medical centre which as moved

Oh, excellent news! Looking forward to getting home and seeing what colour my parking permit is then!

Interesting that the bar/marquee has moved. They were REALLY pushed for camping space by Thursday in Tom's Field last year, so maybe they've freed up a bit more room for tents by taking a bit of Ivy Mead instead. Makes it even less likely that I'll get over for breakfast before my 6am shift, though...

17 minutes ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

Oh, excellent news! Looking forward to getting home and seeing what colour my parking permit is then!

Interesting that the bar/marquee has moved. They were REALLY pushed for camping space by Thursday in Tom's Field last year, so maybe they've freed up a bit more room for tents by taking a bit of Ivy Mead instead. Makes it even less likely that I'll get over for breakfast before my 6am shift, though...

That was my thinking too.  I remember back in 2005 when I first did litter picking that Tom's field was shared between recycling crew and others (may have been Oxfam) and it was a very tight squeeze

My pass is purple

15 minutes ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

Having googled around a bit, it looks as if the Ivy Mead cafe was there last year, and is an offshoot of the Goose Hall cafe for the general crew. Suggests to me we are simply joining everyone else for tuck. Could mean longer queues, I suppose, but I've never been very convinced about the hygiene etc of the cafe in Tom's field - particularly by the end of the run when the caterers all looked bombed out -  so on balance sounds like positive news to me.

51 minutes ago, dondo said:

That was my thinking too.  I remember back in 2005 when I first did litter picking that Tom's field was shared between recycling crew and others (may have been Oxfam) and it was a very tight squeeze

My pass is purple

My favourite colour :)

2 hours ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

Looking at the map that got leaked the other week, it looks like they've kicked Festaff out of the Toms Field/etc vicinity (I don't know who precisely was in each particular field), and given them part of the space Oxfam had the past couple years outside the fence. So there should be some space freed up in the vicinity for those that remain..

1 hour ago, incident said:

Looking at the map that got leaked the other week, it looks like they've kicked Festaff out of the Toms Field/etc vicinity (I don't know who precisely was in each particular field), and given them part of the space Oxfam had the past couple years outside the fence. So there should be some space freed up in the vicinity for those that remain..

Which map was that out of interest?

hey everyone just wondering does anyone know anything about becoming a Worthy Worrier. I got an email this morning asking would I like to sign up to it. It says that it involves working alongside the compsite stewards, handing out rubbish bags and generally promoting a nice a clean campsite.

I'm assuming that I am not tied into shifts as it doesn't include a ticket to the festival, (you need to already have one) I would really like to get involved but just wondering what I would be committing to.

I'm working this year for the first time, for DC Site Services.  This means I'll be on site Tuesday PM.  Anyone know if anything is open on site Tuesday?   I mean bars mainly :)

Thanks

40 minutes ago, andypandy said:

I'm working this year for the first time, for DC Site Services.  This means I'll be on site Tuesday PM.  Anyone know if anything is open on site Tuesday?   I mean bars mainly :)

Thanks

Plenty of Staff bars will be, which often (but not always) have the benefit of a better selection and lower prices than the main bars. Follow the noise to find them, as they'll be the loudest thing in the vicinity on Tuesday (but not on the following days). Arcadia, Unfairground, Lost Vaguenes, Block 9 have bars which will usually admit all staff.

Also, of the Main Bars, the Bread & Roses should also be open but given the above I'd not bother with it personally.

A selection of Food Stalls especially around the Main Markets should be open as well, sometimes with reduced menus.

56 minutes ago, andypandy said:

Thanks

I asked same question here

Wally's Bar is usually open during the build, long as you've got some form of staff ID.

You can find Wally's on the Pilton (Glastonbury Festival) site, at the bottom of the Shangri La crew camping field, the opposite side of Shangri La from the railway line. As you walk past the Diner from the Unfair Ground, bear right into the second field, Wally's will be in front of you

Edited by 5co77ie

Letters and parking pass arrived! Delighted to see the parking permit isn't a sticky one - it's usually my job to scrape the remains of the inside of the windscreen after the festival so a bit of blu-tack should do the trick for this one!