Poll: Were you successful in the sale?

arcade fireman

Were you successful in the ticket sale?  

480 members have voted

1. 1. Were you successful in the Glastonbury sale?

• Yes, I got through
    • Yes, I didn't get through but one of my original booking party did
    • Yes, none of my party got through but someone from Efestivals/Facebook Glasto Chat etc got mine
    • No, I was unsuccessful this year

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had 2 laptops, 1 mac-book, 1 PC and a tablet (on 3G) so we had Safari, Chrome, Firefox & Edge browsers running.

Got our tickets on Windows 10 & Edge nothing else even got a look-in. Our friends got in on an android tablet on their wifi but their PC didn't get past the holding page.

Rebooted the router Saturday night & checked all OK before we went to bed, started refreshing the site from 08:45 and had tickets in the bag by 09:08.

Happy days....

Much to my surprise got through in the coach sale thursday. iMac firefox one tab open, got through in around 7 minutes.

Sunday was still stressful as I was helping my friends get theirs, luckily one of the group got through and sorted everyone. One other got through and sorted out two others so a joyously successful sunday too.

For the record I was on the holding page and it was refreshing.

Ha were you at my house? Its my birthday on the thursday so I always have a do on the night before ticket day. I slept through both alarms and got woken up by my mates ringing me at 8.50...

I'd sensibly put my laptop was next to the bed with the screen split between our reg details and the ticket page. Not that I got through anyway!

I was on laptop connected to wifi and my phone on 3g. I did try to remotely connect to my work PC but I couldn't get it to work. Possibly due to me still being drunk from the night before....

lol nah another birthday bash....got home after 3am I think and then jumped out of bed at 8.45am, made quick coffee then on laptop. I already had the screens open on the ticket page and reg & card details ready to copy & paste..so just case of F5ing

We were lucky tbh as shortly after I got the page, my fella got the page up as well...we did try for others but it sold out by time put all the details through

This was the second year in a row I've been successful on my work laptop connected to the work server by VPN.  I had read on Radio X's list of tips for getting tickets that using a work connection is more beneficial and that seems to have been the case for me.  My own laptop didn't even get the holding page and hasn't been successful in the 5 years I've tried with a home laptop.

Macbook Air with Safari, one tab refreshing every second or two.

Got through twice and bought 2 lots of tickets. Another person in our group got through for the other lot. Got all the ones we wanted.

6th festival in a row trying to buy tickets, 6th year of success.

Feel very lucky!

Edited by hez

430 respondents so far! Would be interesting to do this again next year and see if theres a big difference. Since the sample would be a fairly consistent one would at least give a decent measure of varying demand year on year. 

Interesting that the %ages haven't changed much, if around 19% failed to get a ticket and that was a general figure that would mean around 165000 people chasing 135000 tickets, that sounds quite plausible to me. We know it hasn't always been an instant sellout so the demand is unlikely to be vastly greater than supply.

Got to the payment page twice and it froze when I tried to submit my card details. Switched to focussing on my other laptop running off personal broadband rather than the business line and got straight through at 09:20

Didn't really matter by that stage as unbeknownst to me, some random friend of a friend had got through and bought our six all tickets! Don't even think she is going herself!

So, we all got ours via a good Samaritan. I am very happy to help out on resale day should anyone want me to try and get them one ???

Interesting that the %ages haven't changed much, if around 19% failed to get a ticket and that was a general figure that would mean around 165000 people chasing 135000 tickets, that sounds quite plausible to me. We know it hasn't always been an instant sellout so the demand is unlikely to be vastly greater than supply.

Percentages have changed a bit, the % who didn't get tickets has increased. 

I think these figures are probably quite skewed in favour of more people getting tickets. Firstly people who have got tickets would be more likely to be on the forum after ticket day.

Secondly, despite what people say about luck being everything - it obviously plays a big role but I would say people on here would just have a bit more nous with working different browsers, having multiple devices etc etc to give themselves a bit of an edge. Otherwise you'd expect the "I got through" and "Someone else in my group got through" tallies to be much closer to 50/50.